Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

New to the Christian faith (Furry)

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
I understand. So, these are the things you truly desire, not identity.
Yes I guess so. Many people have told me I have a false identity and the wrong ideas about my soul. So I needed to talk to other Christians in a more private setting. That's why I came here. I do want to grow and find my authentic self.

Yes I guess so. Many people have told me I have a false identity and the wrong ideas about my soul. So I needed to talk to other Christians in a more private setting. That's why I came here. I do want to grow and find my authentic self.
Well, that's good. You came to the right place. There's a lot of good people here that are willing to hear you out and give advice. If you have questions, feel free to ask.

Well, that's good. You came to the right place. There's a lot of good people here that are willing to hear you out and give advice. If you have questions, feel free to ask.
I feel like I have come to know my true self over the last few months. A lot of positive things have happened spiritually. I'll take that as a sign.

Hi Sabastian,

Would you mind sharing with us what your understanding is, of that which Jesus has done for you through his life, death and resurrection?

Welcome, just curious on why the furry thing on this post? Just a dressing up thing not really comparable to faith lol.

I seen you mentioned "animal spirits" you're not talking about a "furry" there but something else I forget the name. Basically these.. interesting.. people who believe they either are actually an animal and imitate said animal, or believe they have an other wordly connection with an animal. Like that viral video of the blonde lady who wants to be a cat. Many of them also dress up as the animal (like a "furry") but a "furry" is just a costume.

The animal spirit thing doesn't really have a place in faith as it's a direct confliction. If you're one of those people then I suppose I understand why you posted this

See. If you didn't think there was a problem you wouldn't of made the post. You made the post because of your conscious or as us Christians call it, the Holy Spirit inside you. Or "intuition" as some people call it. You get me. Instinctively you know the "I'm not a human I'm an animal" isn't right and conflicts with faith. Listen to it, that's faith!

When Christians say "God told me X" the Holy Spirit is what we mean. Let him guide you.

I think a study (there might be guided studies or deep dives on youtube) on genesis is the perfect place to start for you. These days people like to start with the new testament but on an unpopular opinion I think having the context from the old testament first brings clarity to the new one. Genesis is the first book of the old testament in the bible. The bible is basically a library of stories, facts and lessons designed to help you understand the gospel (what God wants from us basically, and what the "truth" is.)

PS just reread your post.. otherkin thats the word. Seperate to a furry. Otherkin is wrong and a denial of how you've been made. And as a non-practicing lesbian and depression sufferer who often suffers from the delusion of desiring my own death, I think I'm more than qualified to say this lol
On a less important note, otherkin opens you up to ridicule. Serious ridicule. Not here though. Despite what society want you to think about Christians, I made a very open honest post about my lesbianism and I've made posts I regret during mental breakdowns. Nothing but support and understanding. I've had some amazing discussions on here actually with people who had a lot of questions about my sexuality and faith, and how I live with that challenge. No judgement, polite questions, and I was listened to! Honestly you've made a great decision stumbling across this page. It isn't like the typical internet of say the slightest thing and you are well.. attacked. That will not happen here.

There are a couple of people who might occasionally offend you but it is NEVER an intentional thing. We're all individuals and some people aren't very tactful with words lol I suppose.

So see what you can find on genesis and specifically on "being in God's image". I also recommend a youtube channel called living waters. Be warned you will need some tissues for tears ready at times!!! Coming to faith and accepting truth is a very emotional thing I personally have not been ready for lol. Just today in church I teared up during a sermon that resonated deeply. It can be overwhelming when you're used to people who live by desire and are two-faced, telling you they care but not ACTUALLY caring, when you come to faith and find people who can love "strangers" and genuinely care.

I've had the misfortune of having to use foodbanks recently and let's just say there's a reason generous/regular contributors are 8x out of 10, Christian <3

Dressing up though. If it's literally just to dress up, for fun, an artform etc.. no problem. The problem is when you start to deny who you are, play into delusions or try to change yourself in an unnatural way. Or dress up to imitate/mock others obviously. So basically. Dressing as a cute furry animal is no problem. The great Lord has much bigger issues to be concerned with than someone who dresses up for a harmless reason lol.

As for your other dilemma, the partner. I wish I could be more helpful there, but unfortunately there isn't an alternative to the solutions you probably already know. Fall for the peer pressure of your partner and neglect the Holy Spirit calling you to faith, risking damning yourself permanently to hell (if we are right. which is kinda a stupid risk to take since you and your fate MATTER) leave the partner (hardest option and MAYBE not necessary if...) the final option.. talk to them. People are difficult especially if they feel threatened. This is a tough situation to be in.

But in relationships, we don't own the partner. They change and grow just like us and every other human being. We do NOT have the right to cast judgement on anybody for growing especially our partners. That is called conditional love and it is SO wrong.

But only you know your partner. Maybe the conversation was just.. a bad one? Try again. Deeper with them. Make it clear you're serious and that you need their support. See how they react. I'm guessing you're young based on the ortherkin and furry stuff. Conditional love is immature but common in young relationships. Sometimes people mistake things for love that arent love. Lust, attraction, even jealousy. Love is a tricky thing and we are all eager to experience it so it's normal to jump for conclusions.

Anyhoo I'm really waffling now, that's kinda my thing lol. Don't worry too much. Just talk to your partner before anything else. If they ridicule you, get angry, or it's just clear you're on different paths... just going to have to make tough decisions. Life on Earth is difficult (thanks Adam lol) but a large part of organised religion is COMMUNITY. A religious person is never on their own.

I really hope the relationship thing works out and you can grow freely in your faith. You matter. Your fate matters. <3

Prim.

It's mostly the lack of love and heavy criticism of people who I trusted. People who always insisted that I was a lost soul. The lack of humility shown by people who used their faith like a weapon on me. Understanding is what many need, but few receive.
I relate to this. I'm sorry. There is someone who loves you though and there's nothing you can possibly say, do or be to change that <3

It's a bit cheesy I guess but this song meant a lot to me coming to faith (and I'm still pretty new to faith I suppose)

PS unless you like mainstream music you won't like it lol but just, listen to the wordsx

Welcome, just curious on why the furry thing on this post? Just a dressing up thing not really comparable to faith lol.

I seen you mentioned "animal spirits" you're not talking about a "furry" there but something else I forget the name. Basically these.. interesting.. people who believe they either are actually an animal and imitate said animal, or believe they have an other wordly connection with an animal. Like that viral video of the blonde lady who wants to be a cat. Many of them also dress up as the animal (like a "furry") but a "furry" is just a costume.

The animal spirit thing doesn't really have a place in faith as it's a direct confliction. If you're one of those people then I suppose I understand why you posted this

See. If you didn't think there was a problem you wouldn't of made the post. You made the post because of your conscious or as us Christians call it, the Holy Spirit inside you. Or "intuition" as some people call it. You get me. Instinctively you know the "I'm not a human I'm an animal" isn't right and conflicts with faith. Listen to it, that's faith!

When Christians say "God told me X" the Holy Spirit is what we mean. Let him guide you.

I think a study (there might be guided studies or deep dives on youtube) on genesis is the perfect place to start for you. These days people like to start with the new testament but on an unpopular opinion I think having the context from the old testament first brings clarity to the new one. Genesis is the first book of the old testament in the bible. The bible is basically a library of stories, facts and lessons designed to help you understand the gospel (what God wants from us basically, and what the "truth" is.)

PS just reread your post.. otherkin thats the word. Seperate to a furry. Otherkin is wrong and a denial of how you've been made. And as a non-practicing lesbian and depression sufferer who often suffers from the delusion of desiring my own death, I think I'm more than qualified to say this lol
On a less important note, otherkin opens you up to ridicule. Serious ridicule. Not here though. Despite what society want you to think about Christians, I made a very open honest post about my lesbianism and I've made posts I regret during mental breakdowns. Nothing but support and understanding. I've had some amazing discussions on here actually with people who had a lot of questions about my sexuality and faith, and how I live with that challenge. No judgement, polite questions, and I was listened to! Honestly you've made a great decision stumbling across this page. It isn't like the typical internet of say the slightest thing and you are well.. attacked. That will not happen here.

There are a couple of people who might occasionally offend you but it is NEVER an intentional thing. We're all individuals and some people aren't very tactful with words lol I suppose.

So see what you can find on genesis and specifically on "being in God's image". I also recommend a youtube channel called living waters. Be warned you will need some tissues for tears ready at times!!! Coming to faith and accepting truth is a very emotional thing I personally have not been ready for lol. Just today in church I teared up during a sermon that resonated deeply. It can be overwhelming when you're used to people who live by desire and are two-faced, telling you they care but not ACTUALLY caring, when you come to faith and find people who can love "strangers" and genuinely care.

I've had the misfortune of having to use foodbanks recently and let's just say there's a reason generous/regular contributors are 8x out of 10, Christian <3

Dressing up though. If it's literally just to dress up, for fun, an artform etc.. no problem. The problem is when you start to deny who you are, play into delusions or try to change yourself in an unnatural way. Or dress up to imitate/mock others obviously. So basically. Dressing as a cute furry animal is no problem. The great Lord has much bigger issues to be concerned with than someone who dresses up for a harmless reason lol.

As for your other dilemma, the partner. I wish I could be more helpful there, but unfortunately there isn't an alternative to the solutions you probably already know. Fall for the peer pressure of your partner and neglect the Holy Spirit calling you to faith, risking damning yourself permanently to hell (if we are right. which is kinda a stupid risk to take since you and your fate MATTER) leave the partner (hardest option and MAYBE not necessary if...) the final option.. talk to them. People are difficult especially if they feel threatened. This is a tough situation to be in.

But in relationships, we don't own the partner. They change and grow just like us and every other human being. We do NOT have the right to cast judgement on anybody for growing especially our partners. That is called conditional love and it is SO wrong.

But only you know your partner. Maybe the conversation was just.. a bad one? Try again. Deeper with them. Make it clear you're serious and that you need their support. See how they react. I'm guessing you're young based on the ortherkin and furry stuff. Conditional love is immature but common in young relationships. Sometimes people mistake things for love that arent love. Lust, attraction, even jealousy. Love is a tricky thing and we are all eager to experience it so it's normal to jump for conclusions.

Anyhoo I'm really waffling now, that's kinda my thing lol. Don't worry too much. Just talk to your partner before anything else. If they ridicule you, get angry, or it's just clear you're on different paths... just going to have to make tough decisions. Life on Earth is difficult (thanks Adam lol) but a large part of organised religion is COMMUNITY. A religious person is never on their own.

I really hope the relationship thing works out and you can grow freely in your faith. You matter. Your fate matters. <3

Prim.

I appreciate your concern.

But no.

I came here to help somebody. I believe I did. I am not the proverbial ''black sheep'' among the perfect Christian flock. I see so much gaslighting and misrepresentation of the good aspects of the bible.

My dear girl, I sincerely hope that you are not desiring death because of Christianity, which is nothing more than a human interpretation of the divine. I am no wiser than the rest of you who have vacated this forum. I know what I know and what I know is enough for me each day I wake up into this world. My life has turned around in miraculous ways over the last two years because I prayed for peace and resolution in my life. I called out to something all loving and all understanding and low, and behold, it worked.

You will tell me I am under the influence of the devil. But how do you know who is who? You could be living your life with self-respect and honour without all the horrible aspects of evangelical religion, or any extreme variant of religion for that matter. I give myself no belief system, I trust in the answers that the divine has given me in my heart. I don't blame or gaslight others. I don't think of myself as any better than anyone else.

Cocky? Yes. Because with experience comes a lot of pride. Pride is not toxic as long as one does not become an egotist. And to those who say I can't be Christian. You are 100% correct. I cannot belong to any denomination that is riddled with contradictions and people who enjoy the power structure they have laid upon others. My faith is my own. Like that of my soul. I wish to spend eternity as a force of goodness, and leave a legacy that is as positive as humanely possible.

But no.

I came here to help somebody. I believe I did. I am not the proverbial ''black sheep'' among the perfect Christian flock. I see so much gaslighting and misrepresentation of the good aspects of the bible.

My dear girl, I sincerely hope that you are not desiring death because of Christianity, which is nothing more than a human interpretation of the divine. I am no wiser than the rest of you who have vacated this forum. I know what I know and what I know is enough for me each day I wake up into this world. My life has turned around in miraculous ways over the last two years because I prayed for peace and resolution in my life. I called out to something all loving and all understanding and low, and behold, it worked.

You will tell me I am under the influence of the devil. But how do you know who is who? You could be living your life with self-respect and honour without all the horrible aspects of evangelical religion, or any extreme variant of religion for that matter. I give myself no belief system, I trust in the answers that the divine has given me in my heart. I don't blame or gaslight others. I don't think of myself as any better than anyone else.

Cocky? Yes. Because with experience comes a lot of pride. Pride is not toxic as long as one does not become an egotist. And to those who say I can't be Christian. You are 100% correct. I cannot belong to any denomination that is riddled with contradictions and people who enjoy the power structure they have laid upon others. My faith is my own. Like that of my soul. I wish to spend eternity as a force of goodness, and leave a legacy that is as positive as humanely possible.
I will not leave my partner.

I feel deeply disgusted that you would subject yourself to such an ideology at the cost of your own life. Because trust me. You will grow more bitter with age. I say this to help you, not hurt you. There is, by all accounts, a Heaven. The exact dynamics of it are a mystery to us and perhaps the divine itself. But the miracles of such a place are indisputable. If something creates you with the intent of controlling your will for eternity, then you are simply just a figment of its imagination. An extension of its will, and with no will of your own.

If ''God'' the chief source of divinity, has rid you, or ''cured'' you of your homosexuality (Not innately sinful to begin with), then why do you still feel so sad?

If demons are plucked out and God's influence remains, then you have no free will. You may as well be just a speck in his design.

I do love you, as a person who once believed what you believed and found real love and something worthy of investing prayer in. I am your well-wisher. I will pray for you every night along with the other troubled souls of this forum. Satanists and Christians are almost one in the same, they both operate in fear of judgement. Fear is natural, but one should not spend life in fear when there is a place of eternal love, understanding and peace.

The real source of divinity, wishes your freedom and well-being as much as it's own. (Whether you wish to acknowledge this or not. You are eternally loved and cared for.)

Cherish your life, re-kindle any broken relationships that religion has broken in your life, and know that the true source of divinity loves you.

Laugh at my words now, understand me later.

Know that someone here, actually does indeed love you. Do not entertain suicidal thoughts or beliefs that will dampen your will. When I prayed for freedom from Satanic influence, And the darkness that my lack of faith had brought. I got answers. I stopped abusing my health and became a responsible person.

I studied world religion and history, and every fiber of me came to the conclusion that such an egotistical monster could never be worthy of our faith.

But if such a monster exists, simply to rob us of our natural will, there would indeed be a worthy opposite to protect us from the damage done.

Have a good day or night, and take one day at a time, presuming it is not deleted, take from it what you can while you can. Learn and find true love and inner peace. Cherish the ones you love and please stop correlating pedophilia and bestiality with being gay, or Otherkin/Therian beliefs with delusion. A soul is neither human or animal. It is like any other thing in existence, it expands and evolves to what it feels most comfortable as. We are living a human experience because we have individual value to the world. We all know who we are and what makes us what we are.

Here's some ''Evil'' music to rest your wounded hearts and souls.
A good friend of mine sent me this years ago during my recovery from the mental strain of the Catholic religion. I will not be visiting this site any longer as I have helped the person I came to help.

But I wish you all the best <3

(PS Riven, you are a pretty cool/level-headed dude. And please take care of yourself (evenifigoalone) You seem like a sweet and thoughtful young woman.)

Praying that you will continue to lean on the Lord Jesus Christ as know the feeling in being new to the faith. As it is about growing and leaning on Jesus. 24/7/365/52/12! God bless you! John 3:17!

I have honestly come to believe that all is well in me as I am. That my own read on things have been down to self-loathing. I do believe the divine loves me as I am.
Christianity is all about seeing that you are a sinner separated from God by your sin, and that the only way to be reconciled to God is to acknowledge your sin, renounce it, and receive the offer of God's forgiveness.

But no.

But no.

I'm quite confused to be honest. If you don't want religion why are you using the word Christian towards yourself?? Christianity is organised religion. And if you want to talk about being disgusted (by advice given to you) I'm quite disgusted by the cheek of you using my faith is the reason for my depression. Honey Ive been Christian as long as I've had this account. I am 20. I've been depressed and diagnosed by a medical professional since 2016. I was molested, abused and neglected. That is why I'm depressed. Disgusting is using my faith to school me on why I'm depressed. Disgusting is kicking off and jumping on a high horse after you make a post about faith and a hobby and receive a response about faith. You obviously have come to the decision faith is not for you and that is fine, but you cannot kick off like a child at posts that were made by you when you were more than clear about being curious and wanting answers. I was so kind to you lol. The constant unwarranted attitude from people like you on the internet spitting your dummy out because you were obviously offended and filtered out every nice thing I said, is exactly why I need Jesus. Last time I jump in and try to fing help someone I swear. Had it with people like you

Have a good day or night, and take one day at a time, presuming it is not deleted, take from it what you can while you can. Learn and find true love and inner peace. Cherish the ones you love and please stop correlating pedophilia and bestiality with being gay, or Otherkin/Therian beliefs with delusion. A soul is neither human or animal. It is like any other thing in existence, it expands and evolves to what it feels most comfortable as. We are living a human experience because we have individual value to the world. We all know who we are and what makes us what we are.
I share your frustration on some of these things tbh. There are topics I cannot engage on this forum because they frustrate me to no end.

Sorry to see you go, but it was good to meet you. All the best <3

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back