Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

No longer a "christian"

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

Oats

for now i will have to say i'm no longer a christian-- 'm not an athiest or agnostic

but i don't trust churches or the people theiren

i do believe some of the bible

i'll be around

for now i will have to say i'm no longer a christian-- 'm not an athiest or agnostic

i'll be around
I thought you believed in OSAS? How can you now deny your faith?

Being a christian has nothing to do with church or church people it has to do with your faith in Jesus.

Oats, you seem to be going through such a difficult time lately.
hugs.gif
I am so sad to read all of your posts. You are in my prayers. God loves you and we here love you. If you will do something, please read the Psalms. I hope you will find peace and comfort in them.

Don't be a Christian.

You don't need to be a Christian to have a relationship with the Lord Jesus Christ.

Do you know what your title is? Son.

Romans 8:15
For you did not receive a spirit that makes you a slave again to fear, but you received the Spirit of sonship. And by him we cry, "Abba, Father."

You can shed your title of Christian, but you are still the Lord's precious son, and He has not forgotten you.

I thought you believed in OSAS? How can you now deny your faith?

Being a christian has nothing to do with church or church people it has to do with your faith in Jesus.

i'm not denying my faith...just the term

i am a follwer of Christ

There is nothing wrong with the term.
It's biblical.

1 Peter 4
(16) Yet if any man suffer as a Christian, let him not be ashamed; but let him glorify God on this behalf.

Christian is the English translation from the Greek word Christianos.

It means "follower of Christ".

i'll be around

Oats.

It's perfectly natural to distrust chuches and the people in them. We are entering the time of the great apostacy. I put no faith in those buildings or in the people who advocate that you MUST be part of the church system.

Stay tight with the Word. Keep loving. Keep Christ in your heart. Keep following Him. If you do those things then you are a REAL Christian.

Doc.

That makes you a christian, in its truest definition.

Words change their meaning over time. Take the word "gay", for example. It used to mean "merry" or "in a lively mood". Now it means "homosexual". Something similar has happened with the word "Christian". The literal meaning is "little Christ". The original meaning, as it was used in the first century, was someone who was like Christ. Then it came to mean someone who believed in Christ's teachings (without necessarily being "like Christ"). Then it meant someone who was a member of the church. Today people associate it with hypocrites, con artist and sexual abuse, both because of what they see on TV (and unfortunately, not just on the news, but also many televangelists) and what they experience themselves. Because of this, a lot of people aren't calling themselves "Christians", but something else like "Christ-followers" or "believers".

Oats, I understand how you feel. I myself don't go to church and don't call myself a Christian, but a believer. But we all need fellowship. If you don't want to go to the church that you have been going to, either find a new one that you trust or find some other place to fellowship. This site is good, but it won't replace real face-to-face fellowship.

Today people associate it [Christian] with hypocrites, con artist and sexual abuse, both because of what they see on TV (and unfortunately, not just on the news, but also many televangelists) and what they experience themselves.

Um.....I don't think it's got that bad yet Theo.

Where do you live?

As far as what Theo said, sadly Christians are not given a good name.
It truly is our fault though, but the TV has some to do with it. We do come across as hypocrites, there are preachers and leaders of churches being arrested for sexual abuse etc.

Today Christians are given a bad name, we tend to generalized by so many others as Hypocrites.

As far as not being a Christian, Oats that is just a name. You can still have relationship with Christ and Love God without considering yourself a Christian. I like to consider a relationship more than a religion, because truthfully that is what it is too me.
Praying for you Oats! :)

Back