Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Noah and the Flood

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Atheists have one basic common denominator...

Psalms 53:1 To the chief Musician upon Mahalath, Maschil, A Psalm of David. The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Corrupt are they, and have done abominable iniquity: there is none that doeth good.

Proverbs 17:16 Wherefore is there a price in the hand of a fool to get wisdom, seeing he hath no heart to it?

What is really sad is how much time these fools spend in a Christian forum trying to persuade us that there is no God... ;-)

BB, I could care less if there is or isnt a god. Because that is what i believe. I am not coming here saying "YOU NEED TO BE AN ATHEIST" or anything. I have been telling you to follow your own religion and stop preaching hate.

I don't preach hate. I preach the gospel.

If atheists don't like scripture they can always leave... :biggrin

Proverbs 23:9 Speak not in the ears of a fool: for he will despise the wisdom of thy words.

the bible talks about it

the bible talks about the flood happening and th ebibbile is the word and th e word is the truth.

Re: the bible talks about it

tommy38 said:
the bible talks about the flood happening and th ebibbile is the word and th e word is the truth.

I totally agree with you... :biggrin

bibleberean said:
tommy38 said:

the bible talks about 2 diffrent creation stories.

both cant be right, so which one is?

why can you believe oen thing the bible talks about, and hodl it to be truth today, But then say that other parts ONLY apply to certian people/places/events?

peace4all said:
bibleberean said:
tommy38 said:

the bible talks about 2 diffrent creation stories.

both cant be right, so which one is?

why can you believe oen thing the bible talks about, and hodl it to be truth today, But then say that other parts ONLY apply to certian people/places/events?
Only someone who has absolutely no understanding of the Bible or the methods of relating something in the days of the writing of Genesis would make such a silly statement. This is more along the lines of one of those supposes contradictions that people learn in their atheism 101-beginners course. If you look at the two creation sections you will clearly see that one is an overview of the entire story of creation and then it goes back to delve further into the pinnacle of the creation, which is mankind. If you are going to come in with supposed contradictions, you are definately going to have to try harder then that.

*yawn*

peace4all said:
if god wanted me to believe, He would make it believable./.

No He won't, because it is only by faith.

(Heb 11:6) "And without faith it is impossible to please him. For whoever would draw near to God must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who seek him."

antitox, He doesnt have to be happy with me, to prove his existence.

DO you think that sodom realized he existed? even though they were sinners and he was pissed at them?

peace4all said:
antitox, He doesnt have to be happy with me, to prove his existence.

It isn't about Him just being happy with you simply doing everything right. Goes much further than just that. That shows you do not understand what He's after.

DO you think that sodom realized he existed?

Obviously, as with most, they probably had no desire to know Him.

hough they were sinners and he was pissed at them?

Everybody has sinned. But anyone who really knows the bible should understand this:

That all the men of the town were gay; and it was to the epidemic proportion that they even demanded to have the two angels that visited. That kind of degenerate living (a whole city consumed) could not be allowed to continue at that time since it would have been like an infection that would spread across a land at a time where God was going to raise up a nation and bring about prophetic fulfillment.

Now if you read the bible (which you don't), God says,
"Because the outcry against Sodom and Gomorrah is great and their sin is very grave, I will go down...."(Gen 18:20). Obviously it was such that it was brought to God's attention, and it was proven to be true when the angels arrived.

But you probably won't understand any of this either.

[/quote]Jesus clearly referred to Noah and the flood verifying that He too believed in the flood. I guess that makes sense though as He is the One that sent the water.......[/quote]

Or that he spoke of things and referanced stories his audiance would be familiar with just to get his message across.

Lyric's Dad said:
Funny, He did exactly that. And then He let the romans nail Him to a cross to pay your ticket home. Still you deny Him. If you die in that state you will be lost forever.
It would be great if there was some real proof of this at least. At it is, there is more proof of Elvis rising from the dead than Jesus.

Quath

Quath said:
supernac said:
Mark 8:11-12 No sign will be given
This makes no sense. Are you saying that Jesus's resurrection was not suppose to be a sign?

Quath

Not at all, the Pharisees were looking for "real proof" just as
you are.

Faith: b) firm belief in something for which there is no proof; complete trust

supernac said:
you are.

Jesus offers real proof to Doubting Thomas. God offers real proof to the priests of ba'Al when He enteres the "fire from heavens" contest. God offers proofs to Pharoah from the plagues. So the Biblical stories have many places where signs were given or proof revealed. I ask for no more than the proof that was claimed to be given to others.

However, Christians that Jesus's story of death was a historical proof. Yet, history does not support it well.

Quath

I'm new here, whats your back ground if you dont mind me asking??

supernac said:
Quath said:
supernac said:
Mark 8:11-12 No sign will be given
This makes no sense. Are you saying that Jesus's resurrection was not suppose to be a sign?

Quath

you are.

supernac:

This where Christians often try to have their cake and eat it too.

If no proof is required, quite attempt to prove the historicity of the bible? Why "prove" through Josephus that Jesus really existed?

Why even have the gospels? Paul's testimony really should be enough, if faith is indeed blind.

Why "prove" creationism through science, with claims such as moon dust and Mississippi silt as "proof" of a young earth?

If you have "proof" (at least in your mind) that Jesus existed, dies and rose from the dead, and if you have "proof" that the earth is only 6,000 years old, then it really isn't faith, is it?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back