Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Prayer __] Not getting back to me.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

Perrinlan

I've gotten pretty close to a girl. I know she doesn't hate me but she hasn't been answering my texts the past couple of days. I'm a little concerned.

Don't fret the small things of life, Perrinlan. She may be busy.... her phone might be acting up ... or perhaps she's taking some time to consider whatever you had texted. Allow her some space.

In the meanwhile, start considering the sort of woman you would like to have in your life some day. Begin the list with: Christian. Then go from there. Keep in mind that you don't want to be all that specific with the outward appearance. Our Lord knows who He has in mind for you, and she just might not be who you would expect.

A friend of mine had a beautiful list of qualities in the woman he sought. And he prayed that our Lord would arrange for him to meet her. The day he met her, he later said it was if all the lights turned on around her....that she glowed and he knew in that moment that she was the one for him. The only aspect about her that took him slightly aback, and an item that was not on his list: she was in a wheelchair.

They are still married today. Since they were unable to have children due to the reason she was in the wheelchair, they adopted four siblings. They are a beautiful family, and all are shining & positive Christians.

Our Lord knows what He's doing. Trust Him!

Don't fret the small things of life, Perrinlan. She may be busy.... her phone might be acting up ... or perhaps she's taking some time to consider whatever you had texted. Allow her some space.

In the meanwhile, start considering the sort of woman you would like to have in your life some day. Begin the list with: Christian. Then go from there. Keep in mind that you don't want to be all that specific with the outward appearance. Our Lord knows who He has in mind for you, and she just might not be who you would expect.

A friend of mine had a beautiful list of qualities in the woman he sought. And he prayed that our Lord would arrange for him to meet her. The day he met her, he later said it was if all the lights turned on around her....that she glowed and he knew in that moment that she was the one for him. The only aspect about her that took him slightly aback, and an item that was not on his list: she was in a wheelchair.

They are still married today. Since they were unable to have children due to the reason she was in the wheelchair, they adopted four siblings. They are a beautiful family, and all are shining & positive Christians.

Our Lord knows what He's doing. Trust Him!

That's beautiful AirDancer!

Proverbs 3:5 Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.

6 In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.

tob

That's beautiful AirDancer!

Proverbs 3:5 Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.

6 In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.

tob

Thanks, tob :wave2 That couple /family have been my personal reminders that when life isn't going the way I think it should, I need to refocus on our Lord.

I've had issues of worrying why someone hasn't text me in awhile, then later she just told me to be patient, that shes just busy and will get back to me when she can. I'm no longer impatient. That's probably what's going on with your friend. Dont worry, things will be ok. :)

Hi there,

I share the same sentiment as Angel, try not to overthink about it. There could be so many reasons why.

I recall your previous posts about looking for somebody special, we all want to find that special one but sometimes things just need to happen by itself and good things take time. Try not to push her to hard because you might just scare away, maybe she is not looking for a commitment. Did you ever realize that you want what you can't have? Also if you know you can get something, then it's not really such a big deal for you get it.

I'm no expert when it comes to relationships but just try to be a true and real friend to her. Patience is not a strong point when you are young but just hang in there, all these obstacles are making you wiser. Did you ever stop to think that just maybe God is keeping you for the right one?

Thank you all for the great responses! She did end up texting me back a few days ago. She was staying away from her phone so she could focus on her studies. I admit that I struggle with patience. I've been praying a lot about it this past week. This girl is one of the girls I liked over the summer.(If you read my post over the summer, she is my best friends girlfriends best friend) I saw her two weeks ago and she told me that she actually did like me at the beginning of the summer, but some stuff happened with another guy and now she isn't ready for a relationship quite yet. I do believe God is calling me to her. Ever since I started talking to her in September my whole life has changed. I wasn't really sure what I wanted to do with my life. I'm three years out of high school and have't been to college yet. I was working full time as an electrician but I quit doing that because I started to hate it. I was a Christian, but I still did things I knew i shouldn't be doing. When I started talking to her, she was telling me about her time at Word of Life Bible Institute and how she thought I should check it out. I went and loved it. She posted a video on her Facebook page (its called Running - John Piper Sermon Jam, I highly suggest you watch it!) and it made me reevaluate my life and I made a commitment to stop listening to secular music because it gets in my way of God. We also pray for each other. I tell her what i'm struggling with and he tells me hers.

Enjoy the time you share with her. It's quite possible that she is in your life to be just a solid, good friend. If this is the case, it's marvelous! Friends are blessings!

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back