Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Prayer __] ...now I matter (praise report)...

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
...not to sound whiney or whatever, but I think a lot of my problems boil down to this: I just didn't matter. Maybe its early onset crazy, I was also too pretty as a child, so on and so forth...

...I just didn't matter. I was a non-entity for most of my life, until very recently, and I only "matter" now because of the miraculous work of Jesus Christ in my life.

I am, thankfully, not too feminine in the face anymore. Not that it was necessarily all that terrible, but...it seems that one of the core rules of manliness is to not be feminine, so the facial structure kinda messed with that, lol.

My people have moved up the totem pole, and now they're behind me, thank God! People in my area don't really care for me, but they have to leave me alone.

My social skills have miraculously improved. I was dorky to the max because of social isolation, and now I'm actually sometimes charming. Imagine that.

I *was* incredibly stigmatized around here, and now that's getting better, thanks to Jesus.

Ugh. Part of my healing seems to be returning some memories to me, so I can put my life into context (ect is amazingly effective at wiping out your past, btw). So, I get it now: I just didn't matter. Why was I involuntarily shocked? Because nobody cared, I was poor, and docs wanted to "teach me a lesson."

Undoubtedly, I committed major sins in my past. Those have been forgiven, and there won't be major repeats because...well...now I matter enough for people to actually care about what I do. Its amazing...if, when you're young, nobody cares what you do, you just might do anything.

Its incredible, really. I'm not trying to whine, or whatever, its just...man, with my memories returning, I see *why* I was so miserable. I get to have a whole new life, a real one. Before I just existed, and often I couldn't exist comfortably without a sedative. Now, I have hope and a future, in Christ Jesus...

...and I matter. For the first time, ever.

Yes you matter The Saviour died for you! You are a child of the King The King of kings no less...

Lord i pray you use this testimony for your glory.... open the eyes of some one they need to know they matter...

...not to sound whiney or whatever, but I think a lot of my problems boil down to this: I just didn't matter. Maybe its early onset crazy, I was also too pretty as a child, so on and so forth...

...I just didn't matter. I was a non-entity for most of my life, until very recently, and I only "matter" now because of the miraculous work of Jesus Christ in my life.

I am, thankfully, not too feminine in the face anymore. Not that it was necessarily all that terrible, but...it seems that one of the core rules of manliness is to not be feminine, so the facial structure kinda messed with that, lol.

My people have moved up the totem pole, and now they're behind me, thank God! People in my area don't really care for me, but they have to leave me alone.

My social skills have miraculously improved. I was dorky to the max because of social isolation, and now I'm actually sometimes charming. Imagine that.

I *was* incredibly stigmatized around here, and now that's getting better, thanks to Jesus.

Ugh. Part of my healing seems to be returning some memories to me, so I can put my life into context (ect is amazingly effective at wiping out your past, btw). So, I get it now: I just didn't matter. Why was I involuntarily shocked? Because nobody cared, I was poor, and docs wanted to "teach me a lesson."

Undoubtedly, I committed major sins in my past. Those have been forgiven, and there won't be major repeats because...well...now I matter enough for people to actually care about what I do. Its amazing...if, when you're young, nobody cares what you do, you just might do anything.

Its incredible, really. I'm not trying to whine, or whatever, its just...man, with my memories returning, I see *why* I was so miserable. I get to have a whole new life, a real one. Before I just existed, and often I couldn't exist comfortably without a sedative. Now, I have hope and a future, in Christ Jesus...

...and I matter. For the first time, ever.

To God and to us, you will always matter! There is nothing wrong with how you look because you were designed that way by God! I thank God that you are surviving the stigmatism others placed upon you. It is an awesome testimony how Jesus is transforming your heart and life! Your testimony is so unique! I'm sure it has an impact on others. Don't give up- 'cause we and God are going to be there for you to support you.

Hey all. I think I thanked everyone.

I'm really not trying to whine...that's why its a Praise Report. Its just, now that the ECT-induced memory wipe out is clearing up a bit (read: healing)...I'm putting it all together. I never mattered to most people, I wasn't considered "good enough," etc. I ran to the shrinks as a teenager for help and they just made me stupid and abused me :-(

So, now I'm a Born Again Christian. Apparently, God has seen fit to be extremely patient with me, because I should be dead by now. Instead, I've been saved and, it seems, (largely) healed of a life that, until recently, wasn't even a life. It was an existence, and a painful one, at that.

On the plus side, this world never had much for me except condemnation and pain, so now that I've been healed up to the point that I can do stuff in the world, I know better than to go with the sins of youth, the vanities of the world, etc. That's a good thing. From a traditional Christian perspective in which the first shall become last and the last shall become first, the weak (both literally and figuratively) matter and have value, etc., I guess I'd be an ideal candidate for Christianity. From a worldly perspective, people around here wonder what happened to that prematurely aged, short, stupid, junky sodomite/sissy.

Anyway...thanks again for your prayers and comments and all that.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back