Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Obamacare repeal fails in U.S. Senate, 49-51

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
E
Do you enjoy police protection?
What about your fire department?
Did you go to public school? Or do you have kids that do or did attend public school?
Don't go back to that crap; those things were in local hands long before the federal government inserted themselves and interfered. Unfortunately people were mesmerized by the money that the federal gov dangled in front of the and gave up control of those things in order to get the money.

E

Don't go back to that crap; those things were in local hands long before the federal government inserted themselves and interfered. Unfortunately people were mesmerized by the money that the federal gov dangled in front of the and gave up control of those things in order to get the money.
States are in control of aspects to Medicare through federal funding, so it can still be controlled at the local level.

Corruption can be dealt with and is not an excuse to not move forward.

Do you enjoy the things I listed above? Yes or no?

Btw, my son was on "Obamacare" in Texas and my niece in Washington State.
Both have opposing views on "Obamacare when it comes to the service and quality provided.

He can list fault after fault and she sings it's praises... kinda.

Washington is a very liberal state while Texas is hard right with Cruze. It doesn't surprise me Texas implemented it so badly.

Ohh, and my daughter in Washington just had a baby. The only thing she complains about is "having to enroll or face a penalty. I hate to say it, but if it wasn't for the mandate she wouldn't have had insurance at all. Think about that....

With attitudes like that, it's no wonder healthcare will never get better. Have you all lost your ability to dream of a better world? Have you lost your compassion for your neighbor?

We are the greatest nation on earth and we can do anything g we put our minds to. Unfortunately, we are also our biggest stumbling blocks.

There is not one issue raised that cannot be resolved. But there needs to be a shift in thinking that is open to resolution instead of obstruction and apathy.
Hardly,Jeff, you see my.posts on a 300000 dollar memorial? Do you go and partake in veterans out reach ,do you work with a 26 member organization with sub organizations to reach vets and working in unison.im.a part of that and none of that is federal funded.my retirement ceremony was driven by them.not a dime of taxes was spent.

We do work with the va,so please we do try to fix problems here.we prefer to get the community involved.imagine that.not let's go hit up the tanf office for assistance,we use a private food bank to educate the vet if they need it.

That's not entirely true. Aside from provisions A and B, the state's regulate the rest.
Do a quick Google search on what do I have to do with Medicare when moving across states
https://medicare.com/resources/changes-medicare-moving-another-state/
Do you have a Medicare Advantage plan or a Medicare Part D Prescription Drug Plan? Here’s how to handle your move to another state.

If you’re enrolled in a Medicare Advantage plan or a Medicare Part D Prescription Drug Plan, a change in residence, such as moving to another state, could qualify you for a Special Election Period (SEP). During your SEP, you’re allowed to enroll into a new plan that is offered in your new service area.

If you decide to permanently move somewhere that’s not covered by your current Medicare plan (that is, outside the plan’s service area), you need to tell your plan immediately. If you notify the plan before you move, your SEP timeframe is four months long. It begins one month before the month you move and lasts for three more months after that. If you notify your plan after you move, you can switch plans the month you provided notice of the move and up to two months after that.

You can switch to a new Medicare Advantage plan or Medicare Prescription Drug Plan during this period of moving to a different service area. If you prefer, you can return to Original Medicare.

Different plans are offered in different areas depending upon what insurer is in that area; it has nothing to do with the state. Those plans are between Medicare and insurance companies in each area; each insurance company has to comply with state law but they deal with Medicare to set up these plans.

Republicans have held Congress for over 6 years and they have undermined Obama care in many ways.
Baloney.
They have done absolutely NOTHING to change ObamaCare.
When Trump cuts the rest of the funding and your health care plumits as premiums and deductibles rise,
They have already risen outrageously BECAUES of the Pelosi/Reid?Obama "Affordable" Care Act which was a government takeover of the health care system that was working so well that people came to the USA from all over the world for healthcare.

The ACA was designed to stifle business, investment, and help to destroy the American economy IAW Cloward and Pivin's model of how to destroy a capitalist economy.

It is total garbage legislation that takes everyone's freedom of choice from them.

Baloney.
They have done absolutely NOTHING to change ObamaCare.

They have already risen outrageously BECAUES of the Pelosi/Reid?Obama "Affordable" Care Act which was a government takeover of the health care system that was working so well that people came to the USA from all over the world for healthcare.

The ACA was designed to stifle business, investment, and help to destroy the American economy IAW Cloward and Pivin's model of how to destroy a capitalist economy.

It is total garbage legislation that takes everyone's freedom of choice from them.
Slow down and retract those ugly claws for just a moment please.

First, I don't make too many claims without doing a little bit of research.

RUBIO cut funding to the corridor on its first installment "saving the tax payer billions of dollars. I want to say 5 billion? My memory is fading. That funding was cut on its first installment which caused many insurance companies to go under.

Because rates are locked until enrollment, insurance companies took a big hit the first year. When open enrollment came about, they were forced to raise rates.

Don't believe me though. Do your own research.

Slow down and retract those ugly claws for just a moment please.

First, I don't make too many claims without doing a little bit of research.

RUBIO cut funding to the corridor on its first installment "saving the tax payer billions of dollars. I want to say 5 billion? My memory is fading. That funding was cut on its first installment which caused many insurance companies to go under.

Because rates are locked until enrollment, insurance companies took a big hit the first year. When open enrollment came about, they were forced to raise rates.

Don't believe me though. Do your own research.
The republicans have not changed obamacare in anyway, shape or form......if you believe they have, please cite the evidence.

Do you have a Medicare Advantage plan or a Medicare Part D Prescription Drug Plan? Here’s how to handle your move to another state.

If you’re enrolled in a Medicare Advantage plan or a Medicare Part D Prescription Drug Plan, a change in residence, such as moving to another state, could qualify you for a Special Election Period (SEP). During your SEP, you’re allowed to enroll into a new plan that is offered in your new service area.

If you decide to permanently move somewhere that’s not covered by your current Medicare plan (that is, outside the plan’s service area), you need to tell your plan immediately. If you notify the plan before you move, your SEP timeframe is four months long. It begins one month before the month you move and lasts for three more months after that. If you notify your plan after you move, you can switch plans the month you provided notice of the move and up to two months after that.

You can switch to a new Medicare Advantage plan or Medicare Prescription Drug Plan during this period of moving to a different service area. If you prefer, you can return to Original Medicare.

Different plans are offered in different areas depending upon what insurer is in that area; it has nothing to do with the state. Those plans are between Medicare and insurance companies in each area; each insurance company has to comply with state law but they deal with Medicare to set up these plans.
Jason was right. It's Medicaid, not Medicare. I stand corrected.

That being said, the ACA was an expansion of Medicaid. It is federally funded, but instituted at the state level. This is why the program varies from state to state.

You can research this yourself and as I conceded to Jason for my wrong, it would be nice if you could humble yourself to admit Obamacare can differ state to state depending on how that state instituted it.

Jason was right. It's Medicaid, not Medicare. I stand corrected.

That being said, the ACA was an expansion of Medicaid. It is federally funded, but instituted at the state level. This is why the program varies from state to state.

You can research this yourself and as I conceded to Jason for my wrong, it would be nice if you could humble yourself to admit Obamacare can differ state to state depending on how that state instituted it.
Obamacare is obamacare no matter where you go in the country.....that is supposed to be one of the 'attributes' of it....it does not differ. Medicaid is an entirely different program and has been around for decades.....long before obamacare.

Obamacare is obamacare no matter where you go in the country.....that is supposed to be one of the 'attributes' of it....it does not differ. Medicaid is an entirely different program and has been around for decades.....long before obamacare.
The aca does Not help persons on medicare .

My state sued the feds as it wasn't paying it's share on medicaid.most states used the aca to expand medicare.my stare whose budget at the time was already at 60 % of funding for the indegent.we can't afford to expand medicaid.it would break the bank and we'll tax who? The tourist? Yeah good luck with that. I avoid the turnpike for good reason.

https://m.dailykos.com/stories/2017/3/23/1646512/-Risk-Corridors-or-How-Marco-Rubio-Broke-Obamacare

So the feds already failing to fund medicare as that sucks,I avoided that with good reason ,now should have paid for those risky,yet we already have my liberal state counties wanting to stop using narcan on addicts as its costs too much.

Yeah I'm sure the feds are compassionate. When the money dries up ,the poor will get hit first after the addicts.

Absolutely, totally separate.......
Which many in my state are on.Arizona is second on retirees .but they didn't mention that and also the ahca won't help a cancer patient, as well that's a seperate issue.it's why I bought cancer insurance.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back