Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Obese children taken from their parents

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

tim-from-pa

Should severly obese children be taken away from their parents? - Your Community

If you read this article, it only proves three observations I've been making:

1) Obesity comes from raping our foods with over-processing.
2) Thus, when the people eat the over-processed food, they become fat and it's "their fault"
3) It justifies government to then take control to mandate their Luciferian ideas onto the public, and thus more government (Illuminati ideas) onto the people to control them.

Such doctors have to be totally twisted to think of taking children away from their parents.

I take comfort when I KNOW that Obama, the medical establishment, the governments of the world, and yes, even most "Christians" will be destroyed on the lake of fire one day.

But in the meantime, it does show their unmitigated arrogance thinking they know best. They'll probably put the kid on "low fat" "low cholesterol" etc diets and find it won't help! But they wont admit to their severe error. They'll probably return the kid to their parents saying they weigh less and probably weigh more! We are not like ants. Ants and other disgusting insects love carbs which is what the medical world thinks you need more of! For a supposedly educated bunch, I cannot fathom the abysmal ignorance they have!

What's scary is that 42% of people who voted in the poll voted yes...and 11% weren't sure. Only a mere 47%...less than half who participated in the poll said "ARE YOU FREAKIN' KIDDING ME...OF COURSE THE STATE SHOULDN'T TAKE KIDS FROM PARENTS FOR SUCH A REASON!!!!!"

My kids came out of the foster system and not unscarred either. Taking children away from birth parents needs to be the last resort of a very bad situation.

Dora here is a case that made me so mad I cussed when I saw this on the news a few years ago, from my old neighborhood. This trial is still going on her mother is in jail, and some child care people are going to jail too, even supervisors. This goes to show you that the system can and does fail too. this trial is just starting to heat up. And boy are the courts and the people on the Child Services, here in Philly, they are trying send about 6 of them to jail. Even the girls brother testified last week, who was 15 at the time and now 20, that he tried his best for his sister but the mother would do nothing. You know I complain about my suffering, I have went trough nothing in comparison to this innocent girl. I do know that people like her who can't help themselves God takes them home. Because they don't have the ability to ask to be saved, so they are saved already.

Girl’s Parents and Agency Face Charges in Starvation

PHILADELPHIA — A city agency that was faulted by a grand jury in connection with the death of a teenage girl in its care is working to repair systemic problems that have led to other fatalities, its new commissioner said Friday.
02starve_190.jpg
Philadelphia District Attorney
Danieal Kelly, 14, weighed just 42 pounds when she died.

Nine people were charged on Thursday in connection with the girl’s death, including two social workers for the city agency, the Department of Human Services.
According to the grand jury report, the girl, Danieal Kelly, 14, starved in a dark room in a West Philadelphia apartment in August 2006. At the time, she weighed 42 pounds, about the weight of a normal 5-year-old, because her mother, Andrea Kelly, had stopped feeding her enough to live on.
Danieal, who had cerebral palsy, had lost almost all ability to talk or move, and was severely neglected by her mother, who had eight other children and was embarrassed to be seen in public with her disabled daughter, the report said.
“She was left to die in her own waste, developing huge, putrid bed sores that covered her back,” the report said. The sores were “so deep and rotted that they went down to the bone.”
Anne Marie Ambrose, commissioner of the Department of Human Services, said she could not explain why some of her 1,900 employees failed to save Danieal after receiving four complaints about her welfare. She could also not explain why that staff had allowed a private contractor working on the girl’s case to neglect her.
“I believe that a lot of the things issued in the report are accurate and true, but I’m using it as a platform to move forward and really change the system,” Ms. Ambrose said in an interview.
She acknowledged that the agency shared responsibility for Danieal’s death. “There were many, many staff at D.H.S. who failed Danieal Kelly and her family,” said Ms. Ambrose, who took over as head of the agency on June 23.
In May 2007, a city panel set up to review the department’s child welfare operations in the wake of the Kelly case and 51 other deaths of children in the agency’s care over several years, urged changes that Ms. Ambrose said were being adopted.
Employees have been retrained with an increased emphasis on safety, and the agency has adopted a “huge focus” on accountability, Ms. Ambrose said.
The agency is also reconsidering its reliance on outside social service agencies to manage individual cases, given the failure of the contractor in the Kelly case, which no longer works for the department, Ms. Ambrose said.
“We have great concerns about the monitoring of the private provider in this case,” she said.
The grand jury charged Andrea Kelly, 39, with murder and involuntary manslaughter. It charged Danieal’s father, Daniel Kelly, 37, who was separated from her mother, with endangering the welfare of a child.
Two social workers with the Department of Human Services were charged with felony counts of child endangerment. The report said they ignored concerns from friends and relatives that the girl was being neglected, and failed to ensure that MultiEthnic Behavioral Health, the private contractor assigned to the case, was doing its job.
The grand jury also charged two of the contractor’s employees with involuntary manslaughter and forgery. They were accused of falsifying documents after the girl’s death in an effort to show they had been working on the case.
Three friends of Andrea Kelly were charged with perjury for testimony that Danieal was happy and well cared for.

UPDATE:

That doctor really got a lot of flack from parents stating this. Even liberal news media I guess realized the dangers they may unleash when they promote leftist, liberal stuff like this that just wants the government to run everyone's lives. They were concerned as well.

The doctor got all defensive saying that he meant really, really fat kids, such as a 14-year-old that weighs 400 pounds and all other methods were tried and failed. It's not the run-of-the mill fat kid.

Well, that's NOT what the media is trying to present to the public. In a local news article here, it showed an overweight Hispanic girl walking with her mom ---- certainly not a kid that weighs 400 pounds. Yes, she was heavy, but not like the doctor was saying. She looked like many typical heavy kids, not overly, life-threateningly heavy.

So what does that imply? A form of discrimination IMO. I think they want to convey the idea of taking the minority kids and also typical overweight kids from anybody, or why else show such a picture? And they wanted to convey the idea that they meant all kids that did not fit into that unrealistic, worthless BMI size. I think that was DEFINITELY in poor taste to show that child walking with her mother.

Incredible.

Back