Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Bible Study Obidiah vs. America

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
What should the judgement of God look like towards this generation. When you have not taken the law to heart, be it affirmative action or the law of Moses, what shall be done with America. Shall he rain down plagues upon us? I think we do a pretty good job of destroying ourselves. Is judgement already upon us? Billionaire owners have been stripped of their franchise for verbalizing racist attitudes. No more can he buy and sell black players likes they stand upon the auction block.
The block they invented for themselves.

Now what is God's definition of a Jew? It not the blood that runs in ones veins, it is not ones name, it is not where they or their ancestors were born.
God's definition of a Jew is one who is in the Jewish Messiah, Yeshua, Jesus Christ. There is no Jew or Greek in Christ.
Rom 2:28 For he is not a Jew who is so outwardly, neither is circumcision that which is outward in flesh;
Rom 2:29 but a Jew is he who is so inwardly, and circumcision is of the heart, in spirit, not in letter, of which the praise is not of men, but of God.
I understand this is a growing sentiment but as a slave purchased by the blood of the Christ, grafted into the vine, made a son of God, I cannot forget my Lord's promise to the people He chose. (Duet. 7:9)

I understand this is a growing sentiment but as a slave purchased by the blood of the Christ, grafted into the vine, made a son of God, I cannot forget my Lord's promise to the people He chose. (Duet. 7:9)
What does scripture say. This has nothing to do with growing sentiments, only scripture. Can you address the scripture?
Deu 7:9 `And thou hast known that Jehovah thy God He is God, the faithful God, keeping the covenant, and the kindness, to those loving Him, and to those keeping His commands--to a thousand generations,
Deu 7:10 and repaying to those hating Him, unto their face, to destroy them; He delayeth not to him who is hating Him--unto his face, He repayeth to him--

Who were the promises for, Those loving and obeying Him. Are you one of those loving Him and obeying Him?
Do those who reject the Messiah, love and obey Him?

What does scripture say. This has nothing to do with growing sentiments, only scripture. Can you address the scripture?
Deu 7:9 `And thou hast known that Jehovah thy God He is God, the faithful God, keeping the covenant, and the kindness, to those loving Him, and to those keeping His commands--to a thousand generations,
Deu 7:10 and repaying to those hating Him, unto their face, to destroy them; He delayeth not to him who is hating Him--unto his face, He repayeth to him--

Who were the promises for, Those loving and obeying Him. Are you one of those loving Him and obeying Him?
Do those who reject the Messiah, love and obey Him?
You were right to high lite but you went, not, far enough. The inclusion of a thousand generations is so important to the context. A generation at the time of this verse could have been 40 years, 30 at the time our Savior lived and twenty-five years at my birth.

If we were to mess up and use the twenty-five number that transforms into twenty-five hundred centuries, the earth is not, even, that old yet. And there have never been any periods of time that God has not had a remnant of Jewish Men that did not believe.

And like Peter, Paul, James and the other Jewish Christians, the first, the Messianic Christian is not a new phenomena caused by you and I. No, we are, like it or not, grafted into that vine that is traced back through Jesus to Abraham who believed in the Spiritual Root before He was born of Mary.

I will add that God will not break His promise and will always retain a remnant. Thank you for staying the course when so much is done here to hijack and turn the course of this study.

What do we say when a young kid is infused with the ideology that the black man is no more than an animal and should be treated as such, and then goes on to carry out a bloody massacre trying to incite a race war.

There is none of that in the South but the Northern Dems did get a law passed, before the Civil War, they started, making the Black Man, by law, only three fifths human. A study of real history would do you well!

Well, I guess I have one of two choices from which to believe. Either South Carolina is not in the south, or this weekend just never happened.

And like Peter, Paul, James and the other Jewish Christians, the first, the Messianic Christian is not a new phenomena caused by you and I. No, we are, like it or not, grafted into that vine that is traced back through Jesus to Abraham who believed in the Spiritual Root before He was born of Mary.

And yet even Israel was broken off from the true vine, cast off and sown with the seed of the gentiles that they might be grafted back into the true vine of the Lord's Righteousness, but I would be careful, for it seems your desire is to attain to that vine that has been cast off to burned in the fire, for it is a vine of bitterness with a root of gall, and when you sip from the fruit thereof, you partake of the same blindness that has befallen them.

The inclusion of a thousand generations
Adding the thousand generations Jewish idiom is not a problem for me. :) Just like the cattle on a thousand hills.
And there have never been any periods of time that God has not had a remnant of Jewish Men that did not believe.
Agreed.
No, we are, like it or not, grafted into that vine that is traced back through Jesus to Abraham who believed in the Spiritual Root before He was born of Mary.
Which is exactly what I said, the vine is Jesus and yes we are grafted into Him. We are also, citizens of the commonwealth of Israel, because Abraham is our father through faith in Christ, the One Seed. (Eph 2:12)
I will add that God will not break His promise and will always retain a remnant.
Of coarse. Issac, Jacob, Joseph, David, Elijah, Isaiah, the apostles, jasonc, Dr. Michael Brown, etc........
Zep 2:9 Therefore, I live, An affirmation of Jehovah of Hosts, God of Israel, Surely, Moab is as Sodom, And the sons of Ammon as Gomorrah, An overrunning of nettles and salt-pits, And a desolation--unto the age. A residue of My people do seize them, And a remnant of My nation inherit them.
Who are the remnant, those who love God and obey Him. I listed a few of those above...

To stay with the topic of this thread.....
Gen 12:1 Now the LORD had said unto Abram, Get thee out of thy country, and from thy kindred, and from thy father's house, unto a land that I will shew thee:
Gen 12:2 And I will make of thee a great nation, and I will bless thee, and make thy name great; and thou shalt be a blessing:
Gen 12:3 And I will bless them that bless thee, and curse him that curseth thee: and in thee shall all families of the earth be blessed.
Here Issac passes on the blessing to Jacob....
Gen 27:27 And he came near, and kissed him: and he smelled the smell of his raiment, and blessed him, and said, See, the smell of my son is as the smell of a field which the LORD hath blessed:
Gen 27:28 Therefore God give thee of the dew of heaven, and the fatness of the earth, and plenty of corn and wine:
Gen 27:29 Let people serve thee, and nations bow down to thee: be lord over thy brethren, and let thy mother's sons bow down to thee: cursed be every one that curseth thee, and blessed be he that blesseth thee.
Your Deut. scripture tells us clearly who is blessed by this blessing and who are cursed....Those of Israel, who love God and obey Him. Did/do all those of Israel, love God and obey Him? Obviously not, God says a remnant.

So we see the remnant blessed and we see those in Abraham blessed, who are all blessed through Abraham? He is the father of us all. Those blessings come through the One Seed, the Messiah, Yeshua, Jesus Christ.
So who are the ones that the Lord says should not be harmed?

Edom's hatred of the Israelites, was a blood family issue. The US does not have that issue with Israel.
Are you saying that the Muslim people are descendents of Esau?

well if you are going to add my name to that listed of Hebrews. then include these too:
john, his son will be lord willing, my great uncle marshall kline, and john's middle child.

well if you are going to add my name to that listed of Hebrews. then include these too:
john, his son will be lord willing, my great uncle marshall kline, and john's middle child.
I hope you don't mind me mentioning you, I didn't think you would, seeing you don't keep it a secret here. :nod Glad you added more names. The more the merrier; the more cause to rejoice in the abundant grace of God.

I hope you don't mind me mentioning you, I didn't think you would, seeing you don't keep it a secret here. :nod Glad you added more names. The more the merrier; the more cause to rejoice in the abundant grace of God.
I had to reread it to find the tagging.Lol.im talking on fb about Camp Blanding, looking up maps for you and images and posting here.

oh. My aunt Jackie Cranman, the oldest of three , she is elder to my dad by about 6 years and was born during the time of Grandpas time in service. I may share that story if I can hear it again about how he had to see her on Miami's beach then report back to duty and ship out. Jackie attends a Baptist church and started doing so as my brother was used by God to show her things , It took his wedding to do that.

oh. My aunt Jackie Cranman, the oldest of three , she is elder to my dad by about 6 years and was born during the time of Grandpas time in service. I may share that story if I can hear it again about how he had to see her on Miami's beach then report back to duty and ship out. Jackie attends a Baptist church and started doing so as my brother was used by God to show her things , It took his wedding to do that.
That would be a great testimony story, I would think. I would love to hear it.

And yet even Israel was broken off from the true vine, cast off and sown with the seed of the gentiles that they might be grafted back into the true vine of the Lord's Righteousness, but I would be careful, for it seems your desire is to attain to that vine that has been cast off to burned in the fire, for it is a vine of bitterness with a root of gall, and when you sip from the fruit thereof, you partake of the same blindness that has befallen them.
One question, "Did someone make you the Bible?"

how Jackie started going to a Baptist church or how my grandpa had to see her on the beach of Miami and then leave for war?
Both
Probably should tell it in the testimonies forum. It would more appropriate and more will probably see it.

Both
Probably should tell it in the testimonies forum. It would more appropriate and more will probably see it.
okay. I will ask my brother on that with Jackie and my dad about that other story. I will not see my dad until the weekend. I will ask him then. John I will ask as well in the coming days. I know that my granddad wrote letters to my grandmother. if I can pry that from dad. I will read what I can on Jackie and post it.

And Army Aviation is combat, period. The Sams that tracked and tried to shoot my chopper down were not instruments of peaceful discourse. In 8 months in the Spade I patched over 350 shell holes. Now, let' s not try to be starting useless arguments and let's study the scriptures. If you have a different take on a verse, post it, all else is useless and uncalled for. Your anger is pulling you apart.
anger? I have no anger. I merely quoted what the army says about aviation. the logic you used about about aviation there is what has made my point. we have women in aviation prior to them being in air cav units. they could fly the other birds and be shot at as aviators in medevac units and other units. remember that all birds fly with cover. we had an lz at my location. I can post the images of birds landing. no anger here. just posting what is going on now and showing your position on combat has holes.

Did/do all those of Israel, love God and obey Him? Obviously not, God says a remnant.
This has a lot to do with what's so wrong with Christians today. Some of the verses of the New Testament are singled out, ripped from their context and destroyed because instead of leaving them in their context and then using a Chain Reference and/or the Nave's or Torry's Topical Study.

Christians did not become the new Israel! The promise of God, alone, is proof of that and pulling the scriptures out of their context should and were we like the Berans, would tip us off, immediately that something, major, is wrong. Using a part instead of the whole of scripture to define Israel is such a dangerous thing to do. Jason is a converted Jew, I know of none other here that can make that claim.

One question, "Did someone make you the Bible?"

No, no one has made me the Bible, nor have they made me in the image of the Bible. I am made in the image of Christ, and I am afraid that you confuse the words of the Bible with the Word of God who dwells with my heart.

Christians did not become the new Israel!
There isn't any NEW Israel.
God said the ones that were His people, loved Him and obeyed Him. That is the only Israel that is God's chosen people. The remnant, correct?
is proof of that and pulling the scriptures out of their context
If you believe that something has been pulled out of scriptural context, please address that scripture and give your understanding of it. I don't have a problem with that, this is a Bible Study. So let's study scripture. :thumbsup

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back