Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

old homes in my area, and from yours

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
saltbox.jpg
images
This house is in Haddam. I chose it to show the architectural design called a salt box. It's called that because it's shaped just like an old salt box. :wink
View attachment 6331 View attachment 6331 View attachment 6331

View attachment 6332 one of two that are close to each, other, the windows in the front are taller then me. this home is three stories. more to follow from this area. when they sold these homes they also included the original surveys back in the 1870's and also some Spanish surveying. the old maps I have posted is that.

List of the oldest buildings in the United States

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_the_oldest_buildings_in_the_United_States
(Redirected from Oldest buildings in the United States)
This article attempts to list the oldest extant, freestanding buildings constructed in the United States and its territories. The list includes sites in current states and territories which were not part of the original Thirteen Colonies when the United States of America. was founded in 1776. Sites on the list are generally from the First Period of American architecture or earlier.

one of the older homes, built in the late 1800's as a home( one shown but its two the other is the to left) that is the family from oslo, Norway that are called the Helseths. they came here and started a pineapple grove. just to the north of the homes is the office, processing plant from that time hidden in the trees. its now sold and is used as home. I cant show that. the barn for that still stands. when I work this route( the north end of the street is on the city grid) I will snap some shots with a decent phone and post.View attachment 6253
these are the first "Helseths" here. all Helseth's are related to these two. dated in the early 1900's all two of there homes and the grove office still stand(now a home).View attachment 6345

not far from either home on royal palm blvd/place or the wetmore penn and flora apartments is this. it is one of the older buildings that I have found on topos in this area. a few other Spanish styles home are nearby.View attachment 6346

these style homes and I can post a few seem to have large windows. a screened porch and always are few stories tall. most of them are well kept given their age. we have lost a few. I will be postingView attachment 6347 the twin of one.

Maybe I'll pay you a visit and we can go worship with them. :)
I would have to recon them first. they do share a parking lot and edifice with an apostate church. but im not sure if they do more together. I might recon that on easter. I drive that daily during my paper route. I will see their sign for easter service and see when it is.

there are two other united Methodist churches here that I can post but are younger. both I have worked on the routes. beach side and mainland. beach side I would feel out of place.

I would have to recon them first. they do share a parking lot and edifice with an apostate church. but im not sure if they do more together. I might recon that on easter. I drive that daily during my paper route. I will see their sign for easter service and see when it is.

there are two other united Methodist churches here that I can post but are younger. both I have worked on the routes. beach side and mainland. beach side I would feel out of place.

No one should EVER feel out of place in a Methodist church. I've worshiped with everyone, from the homeless (shelter in Hartford), to straight-up ghetto, to bank presidents. When we go to the altar, and pray on our knees, we're all in it together.

No one should EVER feel out of place in a Methodist church. I've worshiped with everyone, from the homeless (shelter in Hartford), to straight-up ghetto, to bank presidents. When we go to the altar, and pray on our knees, we're all in it together.
you don't know the barrier islanders here. I hope im wrong but given what I hear im might not be. but to be fair I haven't entered that church. I do wonder if they helped the widow across the street as her husband was murdered in his home. im sure they cant say they didn't hear of the crime. I go to church with the officer that responded to the crime.

Maybe I'll pay you a visit and we can go worship with them. :)
http://www.verobeachfumc.org/WhatWeBelieve

I should just go on the early sunday service and see but one service isn't enough to see how bad or good they are unless its blatent. I find one thing that im not sure about. the you don't have to believe to be part of the church thing. are they doing that to be welcoming while not being apostate? I know that Methodists of the past were pentacostal like. this church is rumored to be that way at one time.

http://www.verobeachfumc.org/WhoWeAre
ok, got it. they aren't as direct as I like. but they do claim the cross. im not used to circles outside of my style of "fundamentalism" ie born again, which I think Methodist don't use that term. but say it another way.
this church is only 4 years younger then st.helens. its old sanctuary that is dated as they say was standing up to 5 years ago , It was left to rot for a time and was repaired and used then razed at its original location. I have no pictures to offer otherwise I would post it.

you don't know the barrier islanders here. I hope im wrong but given what I hear im might not be. but to be fair I haven't entered that church. I do wonder if they helped the widow across the street as her husband was murdered in his home. im sure they cant say they didn't hear of the crime. I go to church with the officer that responded to the crime.

Well, Jason, if you're right and they're judgmental and exclusionary, I wouldn't waste any time on them. We're called to service, and humility, and sacrifice, not arrogance and scorn for others.

http://www.verobeachfumc.org/WhatWeBelieve

I should just go on the early sunday service and see but one service isn't enough to see how bad or good they are unless its blatent. I find one thing that im not sure about. the you don't have to believe to be part of the church thing. are they doing that to be welcoming while not being apostate? I know that Methodists of the past were pentacostal like. this church is rumored to be that way at one time.

Oh, we do that because we never know where someone is on his journey to God. I don't dare stand between God and someone who is seeking Him, no matter how unschooled that someone is in our theology. Church is not a social club, it's a hospital for sinners, and God meets us at the point of our needs, He will find us and nurture us.

Well, Jason, if you're right and they're judgmental and exclusionary, I wouldn't waste any time on them. We're called to service, and humility, and sacrifice, not arrogance and scorn for others.
I hope I'm wrong but im cynical about the wealthy beach goers and residents. case in point. one of my routes I made a mistake and parked my worked truck on a homeowners grass so that traffic could pass, I wasn't fully off the road or if I was I don't remember for sure. anyway he chewed me out and I moved it after he found me. three weeks later he called about a sprinkler head and sod. I read that route once a month. there is no way I can kill grass that easily. it wasn't wet and I didn't spin out. so as tom said he wants to get a new sod for nothing. if I did damage a sprinkler head and he ran it on the set cycle. which I know cant be three weeks after the fact. I would think that the right thing would be for us to pay for the fixing of the sprinkler. that is what we deal with. yet these types belly ache about taxes and government. they are part of the problem.

Oh, we do that because we never know where someone is on his journey to God. I don't dare stand between God and someone who is seeking Him, no matter how unschooled that someone is in our theology. Church is not a social club, it's a hospital for sinners, and God meets us at the point of our needs, He will find us and nurture us.
see the next post, I read on. I see what they meant by it. some churches do that that aren't Methodists. Emmanuel churches do that as well.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back