Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Bible Study Old Testament? New Testament? NO, NO!! Only One Covenant (Testament)

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
I know what Mr. Horvath calls the covenants; I watched the video. I ask you to address what I find to be discrepancies in his teaching because he can not. Was I mistaken in believing you could address the scriptures instead of just repeating what Mr Horvath teaches in the video? The vail remains in place; for the Words of the Book are sealed...

Do you understand that the covenants were marriage contracts? How can the widow renew the covenant with her husband when she had him killed? And if she seeks to renew that covenant, then she saith in her heart that she sits a queen and is no widow. Yet in the second death, which vows will she seek?

Chopper, just a simple question that I hope you can give a simple answer to in your own words: If you are trying to walk thru life on the "narrow road," where is it that this road takes you? What is your destination?

Lets get something straight. You feel that you know much more than Mr. Horvath. It appears that you delight in calling a person who teaches different than you, wrong. Pride goes before a fall ez. Be careful my friend, be careful.

Ez, my purpose of this thread is instruction, not debating your presuppositions. I'm just not interested in arguing against what I believe is Truth.

Sorry Chopper, but I do not see that as your purpose for this thread. You may tell yourself that , but you really have offered no instruction at all. If you were trying to give instruction, then you would have addressed the scriptures that dirtfarmer or myself have posted. We have both asked you questions concerning this teaching, and have provided the scripture we would like you to address, but you either won't or can't answer them. Why is that? Now you call me prideful? For asking you questions about the scriptures? It really is a shame that you have been a pastor for more than 40 years and then cop out by saying your not interested in arguing against what you believe to be the truth; because the only thing it shows me is that you don't have an answer for that hope that lays within.

If you won't address the scripture that dirtfarmer, or I, or a few others have posted in this thread, then you can not say that your purpose for this thread is for instruction in the scriptures, because the only thing that you done my friend is promote some video and then glory in another man. I thought you better than that. Maybe I was mistaken. I'm sorry.

After 40 years of pastoring and teaching, may I ask what is you sure foundation? and what is it your building upon?

Last edited:
hebrews and galations are the 2 best books that show the purpose of the law of Moses...
it was added because of transgressions....
galations 3:19
covenant of Moses was temporary
galations 3:17
galtions 3:25
Hebrews 8 shows the prophesy of Jeremiah that a new covenant was coming....
the New covenant under Christ made the old covenant obsolete.... and aging and disappear...
Hebrews 8:13
the covenant of Moses could never take away sins with the blood of bulls and goats

Lets get something straight. You feel that you know much more than Mr. Horvath. It appears that you delight in calling a person who teaches different than you, wrong. Pride goes before a fall ez. Be careful my friend, be careful.

I will write some more after I've prayed to Abba Father for what He wants me to add to this awesome thread. Until then, I'd like to say something about you, my friend ezrider. I believe that the Spirit of Yahweh nudged me when I read...."thou hast found grace in my sight, and I know thee by name." That's you Mr. Rider. You certainly have posted some very deep teachings about our Lord and His ways. You have found GRACE in the LORD's (Master) sight and He knows you by name. This is not vain flattery, it's the Truth! Yahshua (Jesus) is the Way, Truth, and the Life. Keep living it my friend, we all need you!

Which is it? :shrug

the confusision of the covenants has to do with the Law of Moses or the Covenant of Moses...
the covenant of Moses was never meant to be permanant only temporary because of Israels transgressions.....
the covenant through Abraham was not set aside my Moses Covenant and therefore is superior
galatians 3:17
"Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith."
But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster
galatians 3:24-25
As a schhool teacher I understand this.....
When the main teacher is sick we have to hire a substitute......
the Law is a substitute teacher until the origianl returns..which is Messiah

Last edited:
The Covenants ARE NOT LAWS!! From Genesis to Revelation, all that Jesus and the Divine Counsel has written (the entire Bible) Is INSTRUCTION not laws. There has always been a NARROW ROAD that God wants us to stay on. The Torah, and Prophets gave forth instructions on how to stay on God's narrow road, and instruction on how to discern when the tempter has laid a trap for God's children to fall for it.

From the leadership of Israel to modern day teachers, they see the Torah as laws, that's the main problem with all you who are arguing against my presentation. There are rituals that have subsided since Jesus died, rose to His Fathers Throne in which He fulfilled and there is no need for them now.

What is being said by those who don't understand the difference between the First Covenant and the Renewed Covenant is how righteousness is obtained, and how valuable the instruction phase of the First Covenant is for our growth in spiritual matters of being Holy as God is Holy.

There are so many, so called, believers in Christ Jesus who hardly ever study the First Covenant because they have been taught that it was done away when Jesus died and was raised. That's tragedy big time, in my book, and not at all prepared to do battle with Satan and his minions. WHY? They ignore Jesus' Battle instructions in the First Covenant.

There are so many, so called, believers in Christ Jesus who hardly ever study the First Covenant because they have been taught that it was done away when Jesus died and was raised. That's tragedy big time, in my book, and not at all prepared to do battle with Satan and his minions. WHY? They ignore Jesus' Battle instructions in the First Covenant.

Chopper, if you had listened to the words of the prophets, If you had followed the instructions of the Lord (You may insert any fancy Hebrew, Aramaic, Greek, or even Latin pronunciation for the I AM that you want, but we all understand the word Lord), but if you had followed the Lord's instruction given to you through the prophets, then you would have understood that those who are arrayed for battle against the enemy are actually fighting against Zion and the Lord; but being that you walk that straight and narrow path then I'm sure that you already understood that. Would you agree Oh Ariel?

Romans 11:25
For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in.

Has the fullness of the Gentiles come in? Until then blindness is still upon Israel, and the words of the book are sealed. So the blind follow the blind, and where does it lead them?

Romans 11:26-27
And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob: For this is my covenant unto them, when I shall take away their sins.

Has he taken away your sins? Or are you still repenting of them?

Romans 11:28
As concerning the gospel, they are enemies for your sakes: but as touching the election, they are beloved for the fathers' sakes.

Are you one of the elect, who are enemies of the gospel, but beloved for the fathers' sake. Are you all decked out in your gospel armor prepared to do battle? Ready to take on your enemy? Then as one of the election fitted as a vessel for destruction, lined up against Zion, you are called any enemy of the Gospel of Christ. If you are called, make sure your election is true.

Otherwise, for those who have heard the Word of Christ and listened for His Spirit, a friend of the bridegroom might ask: Does the bride come to her wedding dressed in battle armor? I would tell you that she does not.

Chopper, if you had listened to the words of the prophets, If you had followed the instructions of the Lord (You may insert any fancy Hebrew, Aramaic, Greek, or even Latin pronunciation for the I AM that you want, but we all understand the word Lord), but if you had followed the Lord's instruction given to you through the prophets, then you would have understood that those who are arrayed for battle against the enemy are actually fighting against Zion and the Lord; but being that you walk that straight and narrow path then I'm sure that you already understood that. Would you agree Oh Ariel?

Thank you for calling me Ariel. That word is, in the Hebrew, Strong's H739 "Lion of God" or "Lionlike man". Yep, that's me all right, Grrrrrr, Grrrrrr!!!!!!

Thank you for calling me Ariel. That word is, in the Hebrew, Strong's H739 "Lion of God" or "Lionlike man". Yep, that's me all right, Grrrrrr, Grrrrrr!!!!!!

Oh Ariel, Ariel, Oh mighty lion of God, shall we hear you roar? Grrrr!!!! Do you still wander about thirsting for blood seeking whom you may devour? So as you run off to the glory of war Oh Ariel; the calf remains in the stall. So roar on while you still can, but just remember one day the Lion must lay down with the LAMB.

The call has gone forth, the trump sounds in the land, to battle we go a mighty warrior indeed. But the voice of the Lord calls us in from the field where we shall lay down our shield for a great wedding feast.

Isaiah 29:1-4
Woe to Ariel, to Ariel, the city where David dwelt!
add ye year to year; let them kill sacrifices.
Yet I will distress Ariel,
and there shall be heaviness and sorrow:

and it shall be unto me as Ariel.
And I will camp against thee round about,
and will lay siege against thee with a mount,
and I will raise forts against thee.

And thou shalt be brought down, and shalt speak out of the ground,
and thy speech shall be low out of the dust,
and thy voice shall be, as of one that hath a familiar spirit, out of the ground,
and thy speech shall whisper out of the dust.

What has become of Ariel, she was brought down low to dust of the ground and her speech shall be made to whisper from the dust like as the serpent.

Isaiah 29:7-8
And the multitude of all the nations that fight against Ariel,
even all that fight against her
and her munition, and that distress her, shall be as a dream of a night vision.
It shall even be as when an hungry man dreameth, and, behold, he eateth;
but he awaketh, and his soul is empty:
or as when a thirsty man dreameth, and, behold, he drinketh;
but he awaketh, and, behold, he is faint, and his soul hath appetite:

so shall the multitude of all the nations be,
that fight against mount Zion.

Jesus said those who come to me shall never hunger nor thirst, for they shall be filled. Eat up the video, and you shall be hungry tomorrow. Pour some old wine into a new glass and drink from the cup, and tomorrow you will thirst for more. So shall those be that fight Zion.

Isaiah 29:9-12
Stay yourselves, and wonder;
cry ye out, and cry:
they are drunken, but not with wine;
they stagger, but not with strong drink.
For the Lord hath poured out upon you the spirit of deep sleep,
and hath closed your eyes:
the prophets and your rulers, the seers hath he covered.
And the vision of all is become unto you as the words of a book that is sealed,
which men deliver to one that is learned,
saying, Read this, I pray thee:
and he saith, I cannot; for it is sealed:
And the book is delivered to him that is not learned,
saying, Read this, I pray thee:
and he saith, I am not learned.

Cry ye out, they are drunken, but not with wine.... Guess what was said and declared on the day of Pentecost?

Isaiah 29:13-14
Wherefore the Lord said,
Forasmuch as this people draw near me with their mouth,
and with their lips do honour me,
but have removed their heart far from me,
and their fear toward me is taught by the precept of men:
Therefore, behold, I will proceed to do a marvellous work among this people,
even a marvellous work and a wonder:
for the wisdom of their wise men shall perish,
and the understanding of their prudent men shall be hid.

Oh Ariel, Ariel, Oh mighty lion of God, shall we hear you roar? Grrrr!!!! Do you still wander about thirsting for blood seeking whom you may devour? So as you run off to the glory of war Oh Ariel; the calf remains in the stall. So roar on while you still can, but just remember one day the Lion must lay down with the LAMB.

The call has gone forth, the trump sounds in the land, to battle we go a mighty warrior indeed. But the voice of the Lord calls us in from the field where we shall lay down our shield for a great wedding feast.
You are really good at dividing the Word instead of divining the Word of God. Blood-letting only happens to those that will not bend the knee and then God will just remove His hand and let them burn the planet and kill everything. He really is not bloodthirsty in our Biblical based Theology.

You are really good at dividing the Word instead of divining the Word of God

Why thank you. That is a compliment that I shall take, for we are to rightly divide the Word of truth. But when we are divining the word as you suggest, then we act the sorcerer parsing out the word(s) as we see fit because we won't believe that the words of the book are sealed, and only Christ is worthy to loose the seals thereof.

Why thank you. That is a compliment that I shall take, for we are to rightly divide the Word of truth. But when we are divining the word as you suggest, then we act the sorcerer parsing out the word(s) as we see fit because we won't believe that the words of the book are sealed, and only Christ is worthy to loose the seals thereof.
I'm sorry and I am not going to argue with you but the way a word is used controls it's definition and I believe you understood, fully, what I meant and I pray you the best but I have seen more evil and it's results, already, than I ever hoped for.

I pray you the best but I have seen more evil and it's results, already, than I ever hoped for.

Thank you for a sincere wish. But I'm sorry Bill, I mean no disrespect for what you have seen and experienced in the horrors of war, but I don't believe your statement. If you had seen all the evil that you had ever hoped for, then why do you hang out daily in the CE&P forum accusing liberals and those whom you disagree with as being evil? If you had truly seen all the evil that you had ever hoped for, then I would have thought you would have turned from this behavior and sought the righteousness of Christ and the Glory of the Lord instead.

I got a Leather Covered copy of the Hallelujah Bible and two DVDs of the same for my Birthday, last night, Chopper. It s a beautiful piece of work.

I am absolutely thrilled that you now have a Bible that has no major errors. All others have at least 200 errors. You will be blessed by your Abba Father for learning new ancient Hebrew names and words that honor our Elohim. Bravo my Buddy!!

I would love a leather bound edition, I could only afford the cheapest one. Same words though. Someday I'll get the leather one, it'll last a lot longer.

Moma and my daughter went halves and bought it after I mentioned it. My daughter researched it wife thought it a great idea. I, especially like the fourteen point font they got it in. I'm going to let the VA take the cataract out of my right eye. The doctor told me they were in both eyes but last year she told me the right was ready for removal but it was not hindering my vision then as iut does now.

The Old Covenant was between God and Israel.
The New Covenant is between God and whosoever will believe.

If Israel (the entire nation) kept the Old Covenant then they would be blessed (Deu 28:1-14) and would prosper and live long in the land which God would give them as a possession. (Deu 5:33; 8:1; 16:20; 30:16)
If a believer (individual) under the New Covenant, continues in his/her belief, he/she will experience persecution in this life (2Ti 3:12) and have eternal life in the kingdom of God. ( Mat 10:22; 24:13; [URL='https://www.blueletterbible.org/nkjv/heb/3/14/s_1136014']Heb 3:14[/URL])

If Israel did not keep the Old Covenant they would be cursed and expelled from the land which God gave them. (Deu 28:15-68)
Under the New Covenant, those who reject God's offer of eternal life, who do not obey Him, or who abandon their faith will forfeit eternal life and experience the second death. (2Th 1:6; 2Peter 20-22)

There are two essential elements found in both covenants: (1) the necessity of faith and (2) the necessity of obedience. (Action in accordance with faith)

iakov the fool

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back