Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

once saved always saved

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
John 10:27-30 ESV
My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me. I give them eternal life, and they will never perish, and no one will snatch them out of my hand. My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all, and no one is able to snatch them out of the Father's hand. I and the Father are one.”

1 John 5:13 ESV
I write these things to you who believe in the name of the Son of God that you may know that you have eternal life.

John 3:16 ESV
“For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.

John 5:24 ESV
Truly, truly, I say to you, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life. He does not come into judgment, but has passed from death to life.

I am very near the end of my journey and I will not turn in these last few days. And should my LORD choose to answer the prayers of some of my friends and my Pastor and give to me, Hezekiah's blessing, I will still, not, turn. The mark of a Saved Man is quite clear and I will demonstrate it!

Please understand, God doesn’t see you as a sinner after you get saved; He sees you as the righteousness of God. Your spirit, which is the real you, is recreated in holiness and is as pure as it will ever be. Therefore, when you miss the mark, you are not sinning with your spirit because your spirit cannot and does not ever participate in sin. It is your soul and body that partake of sin, not the spirit. So when you miss it, you are still just like Jesus within your spirit. Renewing your mind on a daily basis, and making a decision to align your soul with the Word of God, will cause your spirit, soul, and body to function as one unit.

1 John 3:9. “Whosoever is born of God doth not commit (Practice) sin; for his seed (Jesus) remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God." (Our new Christ nature can't sin.)

Last edited:
Hebrews 10:10-18 says: By the which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all…For by one offering he hath perfected for ever them that are sanctified … Whereof the Holy Ghost also is a witness to us: for after that he had said before, This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, saith the Lord, I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them; And their sins and iniquities will I remember no more. Now where the remission of these is, there is no more offering for sin.

Repentance
Repentance is an often misunderstood concept. It is not simply saying, “I’m sorry” to God for what we’ve done. Repentance is having a change of heart, a change of mind, and a change of direction.

John 10:27-30 ESV
My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me. I give them eternal life, and they will never perish, and no one will snatch them out of my hand. My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all, and no one is able to snatch them out of the Father's hand. I and the Father are one.”

1 John 5:13 ESV
I write these things to you who believe in the name of the Son of God that you may know that you have eternal life.

John 3:16 ESV
“For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.

John 5:24 ESV
Truly, truly, I say to you, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life. He does not come into judgment, but has passed from death to life.

I am very near the end of my journey and I will not turn in these last few days. And should my LORD choose to answer the prayers of some of my friends and my Pastor and give to me, Hezekiah's blessing, I will still, not, turn. The mark of a Saved Man is quite clear and I will demonstrate it!

:agreed

A lot of talking... from both camps. But,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, IF you did reach a point (say,,, after five or six of your children were killed in a two year period, or something like that) where you just threw up your hands, and swore to have no more to do with God....... Would He STILL make you come to Heaven to spend Eternity with Him?

It so vitally important to have insight and concept from God. Because if you don't have His way of looking at things, then Satan will do his best to blind your eyes and you are going to see it wrong. You see it wrong you do it wrong. And practically if you say it wrong - you can then start speaking in fear and that's what comes to pass. 2 Corinthians 2:11 NKJV

A lot of talking... from both camps. But,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, IF you did reach a point (say,,, after five or six of your children were killed in a two year period, or something like that) where you just threw up your hands, and swore to have no more to do with God....... Would He STILL make you come to Heaven to spend Eternity with Him?
The wrong question, Willie. The logical question, using the same scripture verses I posted is, was he ever Saved? This point in this discussion is an excellent time for folks asking this to read the entire book of Job... "in all these things Job did not curse God, Job did not sin.

Now, if a man is saved, I will liken him unto another man on an imaginary Ocean Going Ship. This ship has twelve foot tall steel walls from bow to stern and none of the upper decks are closer than twelve feet to the sides nor to the stern. Our man on the ship can fall on the ship but it is impossible to fall off.

God, like the ship is impossible to defeat! Christians have become a group of unled defeatests, not because God is unwilling to lead but, rather, because the sheep are not God's sheep and do not recognize His voice.

A great example will be the first couple of months after I took the Grumpy Old Men's Class at my Church. I did not attend the GOM Class because I deemed the teacher an Ear Tickler and, instead, seated myslf in another class where the Teacher, like myself, was and still is not afraqid to teach the Book of The Revelation of Jesus, the Christ.

As soon as I assumed the class with a co-teacher/Deacon the largest part of the membership began to grumble because I tossed the Quarterly Curricula in File 13 and began teaching through the Book of the Revelation and using it to launch a two year long course pointed at Godly living. The dissenters voice man told me early on that the rest of the class was not as Holy as I was... cut right to the bone.

By the end of the second month there were three regular members and the ten were gone to another church, seated under a man I promised My LORD I would never be seated under again until hye repented... he still refuses to repent, end of story.

The Barna Group did a double blind survey of the Church (cross denominational) in the mid-eighties that, clearly, demonstrated that less than 2% of the American Church Membership believes basics like the Virgin Birth, The Tribulation, that Jesus died for their sins, that Jesus will Take them to live for eternity in Heaven and so on.

The criteria for taking the survey was they had to be loyal, regular attendees, being present no less than three times a week. That is the same 10 to 15% that does all of the work to keep the Church operating and less that 2% believe.

So you see, I have, almost, no reason to believe a person is saved except the Spirit in me tells me so. And if you want to see me get kicked off a web site, all I need do is to listen to the Spirit and address a person on what the Spirit is telling me.

Sorry, this is too weak. In effect, all you are saying is that no one can truly say anyone is saved until a moment after they die.

Sorry, this is too weak. In effect, all you are saying is that no one can truly say anyone is saved until a moment after they die.
Willie,
Read the scriptures, you're not required to believe and I'm not called to doctor imaginary wounds, the Word says what it says.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back