Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

One hit wonders

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

humble soul

On Sabbatical from Rome
Sometimes we only have one good joke in us.
Or one good song. One good movie. One good book.
Not so for The Beatles or the Beach Boys. Or Robert dr Niro.
But the rest of us might only have a very short artistic run. When we peak. One good year.
1974. I was at my peak as a rugby player. Only 16. Little did I realise at the time, that magical time would only last another year. Playing then was like expressing joy. I especially loved creative attacking plays.

Notice that very few songwriters write a great song after age 60.
That creative spurt usually ends by age 40.
I wonder if I can break that trend.
I am hoping to create something fresh before age 70. One more good joke might do.

Or one good joke. A parody. A satire. As long as it doesn't hurt anyone. Well, having said that, some humour will offend some people. I mean I find some jokes not only offensive but just not funny.

I like how a songwriter for instance, has to combine creativity with some analytical skills.
I learnt formal music theory to a basic level. chord structure for example. These days I mainly play guitar by ear. But in the back of my mind, is chord knowledge and understanding of keys. When you learn to combine, it is rewarding.

Recently I have enjoyed watching impersonators. some are so clever. Getting someone's/ a celebrity's idiosyncrasy down perfect. They really hone their craft. It might be my fave kind of humour.

"Don't be so hard on yourself. You don't give me a chance to attack you as well."

See I think that's funny. Not hilarious but funny. It makes fun of self deprecation. But it also makes fun of those who don't like self deprecation.

One can set their mind to accomplish anything they want if they have the talent and initiative to pursue their dream. It might be just a one hit wonder, but it's theirs to keep and cherish and be proud of as being their own accomplishment.

I've written two Bible study books in the last 22 years as I have always had a talent for writing since my Senior year in High School back in 1973, but never had them published as I have never felt led of God to do so. I do share what I have written with others here in the forums as we discuss the different topics presented to us.

What ever the talent is do not waste it, but share it with others, especially if it glorifies the Lord.

"Don't be so hard on yourself. You don't give me a chance to attack you as well."

See I think that's funny. Not hilarious but funny. It makes fun of self deprecation. But it also makes fun of those who don't like self deprecation.
The master of self deprecation = Rodney Dangerfield. But, he was a tortured soul in real life.....as most comedians are.

One of my favorite one hit wonders = I Love You Always Forever by Donna Lewis. If my book could be a one hit wonder I would be very very happy. If my book were ever a movie, I'd insist that song be in the closing credits.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back