Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

One more thought on Eucharist.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

Jim Parker

Just Sharing - NOT FOR DISCUSSION - We've already beaten this to death.

This came to me last night and I wanted to share it.

Jesus teaching on the Eucharist in John chapter 6 came early in his ministry when he was preaching in the synagogue at Capernaum. (Jhn 6:59)

It was a baffling teaching and many of His disciples left Him after they heard it.
Jhn 6:60 Therefore many of His disciples, when they heard this, said, “This is a hard saying; who can understand it?”
Jhn 6:66 From that time many of His disciples went back and walked with Him no more.

It was at the end of His ministry, the night before His arrest, that he clarified the teaching when "Jesus took bread, blessed and broke it, and gave it to the disciples and said, 'Take, eat; this is My body.'” and "Then He took the cup, and gave thanks, and gave it to them, saying, 'Drink from it, all of you. For this is My blood of the new covenant, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.' " (mat 26:26-28)

So, the answer to the question asked at the beginning of His ministry, “How can this Man give us His flesh to eat?” (Jhn 6:52) is "This (bread) is my body."( Mat 26:26, Mar 14:22, Luk 22:19) That answer came at the end of His ministry and was given to those who stuck with Him the whole time.

That's all.

I thought it was interesting. :shrug

Iakov the fool

Last edited:
Just Sharing - NOT FOR DISCUSSION - We've already beaten this to death.

This came to me last night and I wanted to share it.

Jesus teaching on the Eucharist in John chapter 6 came early in his ministry when he was preaching in the synagogue at Capernaum. (Jhn 6:59)

It was a baffling teaching and many of His disciples left Him after they heard it.
Jhn 6:60 Therefore many of His disciples, when they heard this, said, “This is a hard saying; who can understand it?”
Jhn 6:66 From that time many of His disciples went back and walked with Him no more.

It was at the end of His ministry, the night before His arrest, that he clarified the teaching when "Jesus took bread, blessed and broke it, and gave it to the disciples and said, 'Take, eat; this is My body.'” and "Then He took the cup, and gave thanks, and gave it to them, saying, 'Drink from it, all of you. For this is My blood of the new covenant, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.' " (mat 26:26-28)

So, the answer to the question asked at the beginning of His ministry, “How can this Man give us His flesh to eat?” (Jhn 6:52) is "This (bread) is my body."( Mat 26:26, Mar 14:22, Luk 22:19) That answer came at the end of His ministry and was given to those who stuck with Him the whole time.

That's all.

I thought it was interesting. :shrug

Iakov the fool
"the words that I have spoken to you are spirit and are life. But there are some of you who do not believe." John 6:64b-65a. "You have words of eternal life." John 6:68b

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back