Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

One right religion?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
No one knows if those in heaven are aware of Earth's events. I don't think they think about it. They are too busy worshiping Jesus and beholding God the Father.

You are merely wishing. There is no biblical teaching on praying to dead people. If you do so, you are violating scripture concerning the dead. Rationalizing it away as not prayer is futile. You cannot talk to a dead person and not call it prayer. Therefore it crosses over to idolatry.

Actually there is biblical teaching for prying to dead people. Take Isaiah 8:19-20 for example:

‘And if at that time they should tell you, to go and seek those who give signs (from those who speak from the grave, or those who speak empty words from their guts), [you should ask]: Shouldn’t a nation inquire of their God?’
‘Why ask the dead about those [who are] living? For, He gave us the Law as our helper, so we wouldn’t say things like this, [or ask] about things that won’t help us!

And the dead can help us a lot. Look at what scripture says they know and how they can help the living in Ecclesiastes 9:

for those who are living there is hope, since a dog that is living is greater, than a lion that has died. 5 For, the living know that they’ll die, but the dead know nothing at all, nor do they have a reward, for the memory of them is forgotten. 6 Their loves and dislikes are both gone, and their zeal has already perished. Then through the age they’ll have no involvement, in anything that’s done under the sun.................
10 So, whatever your hands find to do, do with all of your power; for there’s no doing, thinking, wisdom, or knowledge, in the place of the dead where you’re going.

That might be well and good to stick to the Bible, but like the OP said - there are many denominations who interpret the Bible is vastly different ways - so how can you know which is the right one?

The true religion is the one established by God. And it is upon the earth today. If you want to find it, you need to be as the small children, humble, sincere and have real intent. When you do that, go straight to God and ask Him to show you, He will because He wants you to belong to the only true church upon the earth: His church. That is the only way you can be saved.

There are many saying come to my church, others saying here's the Christ. Others say, there's the Christ. Others say, follow this, or follow that. Others say all you need to is to believe. Other say all you need is to to confess. Some say, I am of Apollo, others say I am of Paul.

Does it sound familiar?

There is only on true church that can save you and the only way to find it is through humility and sincerity asking directly to the One that has established it, the Father. Other than that everything else is man's philosophies and teachings with no power to save, no matter how many times they quote the bible.

So, take the challenge: Ask God in humility, He will show you, I have no doubt, He has shown me.

have a great day,
mamre

You apparently are unaware of the Book of Revelation, which tells us that the saints in heaven are indeed aware of what is happening here below. Your idea of what happens in heaven is pretty superficial. A person united to God takes on the same Will as God. Thus, a saint mimics the will of God, who desires men to be saved. Saints here are concerned about others around them, and so do the saints in heaven. They are even MORE concerned about what happens here, since they ALSO will that "GOD'S KINGDOM COME, ON EARTH AS IT IS IN HEAVEN".

Talking to someone is not idolatry, by the way. Worshiping something above God is. No Catholic I know places any saint above God.

Regards

? Naw, he just does not understand whose daughter (Rev. 17:1-5) that he is of, huh, perhaps?;)
(but he is a she 'me' thinks??)

Just one question for you,;) seeing that you seem to be kind of up on some of rome's things?

And that is about the Command of Christ in Rev. 18:4 'to come out of her My People and be not Partaker of her sins', and now we are seeing on some sites where rome has shifted gears, & are now trying to get her daughter's to not leave the ex/protestant church's. Just wondering if you are having good results with these postings??

Perhaps that is over your head?

--Elijah

The most sensible thing to do in my thinking is to forget religion and go directly to God and use the bible as a guide.

Yes, and but in terms of Christianity only would it make sense to go straight to the Bible. Also, how do you know, out of the many different versions of the Bible, which one is actually the original?

The true religion is the one established by God.

Maybe this isn't the thread for it, but how can you be so certain? What makes Islam, Hinduism etc to be the ones that are not true?

I see it it difficult to get any other answers on a Christian site, but you saying to me Christianity is the only true religion, doesn't answer my questions or make me think any differently.

? Naw, he just does not understand whose daughter (Rev. 17:1-5) that he is of, huh, perhaps?;)
(but he is a she 'me' thinks??)

Just one question for you,;) seeing that you seem to be kind of up on some of rome's things?

And that is about the Command of Christ in Rev. 18:4 'to come out of her My People and be not Partaker of her sins', and now we are seeing on some sites where rome has shifted gears, & are now trying to get her daughter's to not leave the ex/protestant church's. Just wondering if you are having good results with these postings??

Perhaps that is over your head?

--Elijah

I don't respond to childish baiting comments, kido...

I will just remind myself that you still have no clue that Paul wrote to a true Church at Rome. This throws all of your presumptions on end-times out the window. "Come out of her" refers to the world of secularism, which was centered at the Empire's capital, not the Church, highly lauded in Scriptures...:screwloose

Regards

I don't respond to childish baiting comments, kido...

I will just remind myself that you still have no clue that Paul wrote to a true Church at Rome. This throws all of your presumptions on end-times out the window. "Come out of her" refers to the world of secularism, which was centered at the Empire's capital, not the Church, highly lauded in Scriptures...:screwloose

Regards

Baiting??;)
Hey, all of your daughter's are falling into line. No need to get personally upset with my remark over that is there?? Surely their pulpits are filled with jesuits pretenders, huh! And you talk of a 'secular' world?? How more secular could the world be than rome?? And 'Come out of her' from Rev. 18:4 was penned by Paul in rome:screwloose :study

Naw kid'o, I like much more the upfront 'guys' of rome from other sites who at least acknowledge that they already have these daughters in their Matt. 6:24 false satanic camp! And for them to stay in the Abomination of the Earth folds, and not to leave rome.. rather/their church! (bottom/line)

And that it was they who were, and are now ex/protest'ants who allowed the USA Supreme court to have two Jewish non/Christian's (+ one even a lesbian) and the last 6 being all of rome.

And lets get this opened up & over with as quick as possible, why waste time?? Most of the daughters of Rev. 17:1-5 could care less that their church's are infiltrated to the core with romes imposters to religeon. Or with their almost daily documented garbage of child molesters & homesexual priests. One news report even gives the ratio of your priest having Aids as being 4 to 1 in average with the average USA male. I have it around if you want it posted? But who really cares today, huh?

But just relax, the prophesy has these ALL as the Broadway Ones. And you will not change that by your posted stuff of me with your personal 'extra' love! :screwloose

--Elijah

Baiting??;)
Hey, all of your daughter's are falling into line. No need to get personally upset with my remark over that is there?? Surely their pulpits are filled with jesuits pretenders, huh!

Childish banter ignored...

And you talk of a 'secular' world?? How more secular could the world be than rome?? And 'Come out of her' from Rev. 18:4 was penned by Paul in rome:screwloose :study

I never said Paul penned anything IN Rome.

I said he wrote to a Church AT Rome, which denies your entire premise. I even cited two verses from this letter that speaks of the renown of the Roman Church THROUGHOUT THE WORLD. :nono2

Are you familiar with the Letter of Paul to the Romans? It appears not...:shame It seems your Bible reading is limited to the couple out-of-context verses cited by your tracts that you read.

Naw kid'o, I like much more the upfront 'guys' of rome from other sites who at least acknowledge that they already have these daughters in their Matt. 6:24 false satanic camp!

Up front. You should try that...

Is it possible for you to put a sentence or two together that others can understand who are not in the same "the sky is falling" cult as you?

The rest is just babble based upon your inability to read and understand the Bible. For example, Paul writing TO a Church at Rome, which you still deny.:screwloose

This is why people think you have lost credibility here. You deny what the Bible simply says to maintain your false point of view.

Did you know that the word "Church" is used to replace the word "Congregation?" That means that Paul addressed the Roman people, not the Roman Church.

Do any of you believe that there is one "right" religion?

We have so many denominations nowadays, how do we know which one to follow? For the most part, it seems that most of them follow the bible but interpret it in a different way.

I know that some religions practice and teach unbiblical doctrines. Do you think that would affect their salvation? For example, the Catholic pray to Mary and saints. In the bible it teaches we should only pray to Him. What are your thoughts on this?

I think we over complicate the issue of religion to the point where we become divided over ideologies... And I honestly think James hit's what true religion is dead on. No offense, but praying to Mary isn't a religion, and if it gets in the way of what James calls true religion, then it's simply a distraction to the things that are truly important to God.

James 1: 19 My dear brothers and sisters, take note of this: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry, 20 because human anger does not produce the righteousness that God desires. 21 Therefore, get rid of all moral filth and the evil that is so prevalent and humbly accept the word planted in you, which can save you. 22 Do not merely listen to the word, and so deceive yourselves. Do what it says. 23 Anyone who listens to the word but does not do what it says is like someone who looks at his face in a mirror 24 and, after looking at himself, goes away and immediately forgets what he looks like. 25 But whoever looks intently into the perfect law that gives freedom, and continues in it—not forgetting what they have heard, but doing it—they will be blessed in what they do.
26 Those who consider themselves religious and yet do not keep a tight rein on their tongues deceive themselves, and their religion is worthless. 27 Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.

Last edited by a moderator:
Did you know that the word "Church" is used to replace the word "Congregation?" That means that Paul addressed the Roman people, not the Roman Church.

I think you'll have to explain what "congregation" means v "church".

Read the first chapter of Romans and tell me who Paul was writing.

To all the people in Rome or those in Christ at the Church in Rome. It wasn't an open letter sent to Nero or the Roman Capital. It was sent to a visible location, perhaps a house of a person whom Paul knew (one of the people of the last chapter, perhaps). It was read only amongst those gathered in Christ at a visible location.

Regards

I think we over complicate the issue of religion to the point where we become divided over ideologies... And I honestly think James hit's what true religion is dead on. No offense, but praying to Mary isn't a religion, and if it gets in the way of what James calls true religion, then it's simply a distraction to the things that are truly important to God.

James 1: 19 My dear brothers and sisters, take note of this: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry, 20 because human anger does not produce the righteousness that God desires. 21 Therefore, get rid of all moral filth and the evil that is so prevalent and humbly accept the word planted in you, which can save you. 22 Do not merely listen to the word, and so deceive yourselves. Do what it says. 23 Anyone who listens to the word but does not do what it says is like someone who looks at his face in a mirror 24 and, after looking at himself, goes away and immediately forgets what he looks like. 25 But whoever looks intently into the perfect law that gives freedom, and continues in it—not forgetting what they have heard, but doing it—they will be blessed in what they do.
26 Those who consider themselves religious and yet do not keep a tight rein on their tongues deceive themselves, and their religion is worthless. 27 Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.

How would Marian devotion get in the way of "true religion" any more than any other devotional or prayer method???

I agree, ANY devotion can get in the way of "true religion", but Marian devotion does not make one more likely to, I would say LESS likely, for one who meditates on the life of Mary cannot help but pray to emulate those virtues of faith, humility and obedience that she displayed through her life.

Regards

Church and the Religion based upon it is not a Biblical contruct. There is no need to point fingers at any denomination as ALL are in the same boat. We need to stop letting religion divide us and instead practice righteousness by loving God and loving one another. True biblical religion has NOTHING to do with a church or institution, true religion is made up of actions in the life of the person practicing it. That means if you are religiously devoted to the Lord, you will practice righteousness. It's that simple! You will know them by their fruits so to speak.

How would Marian devotion get in the way of "true religion" any more than any other devotional or prayer method???

I agree, ANY devotion can get in the way of "true religion", but Marian devotion does not make one more likely to, I would say LESS likely, for one who meditates on the life of Mary cannot help but pray to emulate those virtues of faith, humility and obedience that she displayed through her life.

Regards

Im sure the Lord does not want you meditating on Mary, how you ever found a verse that says its ok to do this?

Its ok to Meditate on the law statues and the Lord but not Mary, she was a blessed lady yes, but a filty rag as we allare in comparision to Christ

Psalm 1:2
But his delight is in the law of the LORD; and in his law doth he meditate day and night.

Psalm 77:12
I will meditate also of all thy work, and talk of thy doings.

Psalm 119:48
My hands also will I lift up unto thy commandments, which I have loved; and I will meditate in thy statutes.

Regards

Hi Joe,

I do appreciate the way you pay attention to detail in the way I choose my words, as I also pay attention to the careful wording in which you reply.

In that sense, we are in agreement :yes

Not that I have, or will probably ever pray to Mary, but I do see a danger in doing so. Why else would there be so much RCC literature instructing it's parishioners not to worship Mary?

Call it hedging on my part if you will, but with such a human tendency to worship the created, I'd hedge not to even play in that sandbox.

But then, you can ask Jason... I won't swim in the ocean in Florida either :nod

Prince,
It's too bad you call, and view yourself as a filthy rag... Didn't you know you've been made a new, wonderful and beautiful creature in Christ?

Though we have not attained perfection, we are told we should follow after that perfection, and live up to what we've already attained...

Nowhere in scripture do I see where Christians are first and foremost considered "filthy rags"...

Prince,
It's too bad you call, and view yourself as a filthy rag... Didn't you know you've been made a new, wonderful and beautiful creature in Christ?

Though we have not attained perfection, we are told we should follow after that perfection, and live up to what we've already attained...

Nowhere in scripture do I see where Christians are first and foremost considered "filthy rags"...

Hey young'in, at least he does that to himself, but did you see what 'pope/peter' said about old Elijah??;) (and please do not 'mod' power this spirit away, :thumbsup)

For this attacking the person rather than the message is exactly how the Christian's on the forum can best understand the spirit of a 'cult' claiming love for Christ, & His creation! (see 2 Cor. 4:2) Who know no more about being Born Again than did King Saul who went to the 'witch for wisdom'.
And praying to a dead Mary is sure not the issue, but who answers these prayers are the issue!

And this same rome spirit was behind the executing of over one hundred and fifty million Saints during the dark ages according to Fox Book Of Martyr's. (they even suggest that that is a low estimate) And the [ONE RIGHT RELIGION?] has this 's'pirit, huh?

--Elijah

Hey young'in, at least he does that to himself, but did you see what 'pope/peter' said about old Elijah??;) (and please do not 'mod' power this spirit away, :thumbsup)

For this attacking the person rather than the message is exactly how the Christian's on the forum can best understand the spirit of a 'cult' claiming love for Christ, & His creation! (see 2 Cor. 4:2) Who know no more about being Born Again than did King Saul who went to the 'witch for wisdom'.
And praying to a dead Mary is sure not the issue, but who answers these prayers are the issue!

And this same rome spirit was behind the executing of over one hundred and fifty million Saints during the dark ages according to Fox Book Of Martyr's. (they even suggest that that is a low estimate) And the [ONE RIGHT RELIGION?] has this 's'pirit, huh?

--Elijah

Point well taken, ya old geezer :lol

Hello stovebolts

Prince,

It's too bad you call, and view yourself as a filthy rag

I didnt call myself a fithy rag - this is what I said

Its ok to Meditate on the law statues and the Lord but not Mary, she was a blessed lady yes, but a filty rag as we all are in comparision to Christ

Isiah 64:6 But we are all as an unclean [thing], and all our righteousnesses [are] as filthy rags; and we all do fade as a leaf; and our iniquities, like the wind, have taken us away.

Didn't you know you've been made a new, wonderful and beautiful creature in Christ?

Sure but once again I said in comparison to Christ, you left out that part.

I agree

Nowhere in scripture do I see where Christians are first and foremost considered "filthy rags

Ok so once again

Isiah 64:6 But we are all as an unclean [thing], and all our righteousnesses [are] as filthy rags; and we all do fade as a leaf; and our iniquities, like the wind, have taken us away.

ALL that includes everyone.

Peace

--Elijah

Excuse me but all I did was quote scripture perhaps Stovebolts wasnt familiar with the scripture.

Excuse me but all I did was quote scripture perhaps Stovebolts wasnt familiar with the scripture.

Lighten up, we were just having Straight Truth said 'cheerfully'!:thumbsup We all who are Christians know what we are outside of Christ. And what He expects of us in Heb. 12:4-8! (And if not, there is a touchy name for us there!)

He requires our BEST with Phil. 4:13 Strength of Christ & His 2 Cor. 12:9 supplied GRACE!

Yet, we are to relax when we can, even when called Beelzebub by Christ's truely executing enemies, huh? We all know what to expect! Matt. 10:25-28.

And naw, your scripture was just sidetracted some until you better explained your post. And you need to remember that the ones who live in Mi. are around a lot of carbon exhaust & their brain is sometimes a tad bit slow in the morning!:lol

(Oh' and that is where Bolts is from!;))

--Elijah

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back