Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Online Ministry - IMVU

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
I guess all I have to say is to be careful in not becoming the world in order to reach the world. The power to save is in the gospel and the Holy Spirit.
If we become like the world in order to reach the world, then we will only make false converts and have the guilt of actually blocking those from the kingdom who otherwise might have wanted real change. The Kingdom of God is for those who truly want to give up all and follow Jesus. It is not for those who want to retain the ways of this world.
Being born again means leaving old things behind and becoming a new creature in Christ. If a christian woman is dressing and acting no different than the world then she has no new life in Christ Jesus to offer the lost; However she will be guilty of increasing the worldly false church. The responsibility is huge.

That's my pennies worth. (due to inflation)

That's the battle we face many days. There are plenty of people on IMVU who believe they are Christian because of the church they attend. However, also just as with the physical churches, IMVU has a a small group of solid Christian looking to impact the community.

christian_soldier said:
Why is the a flashing message telling me that one of my buddies has a crush on me?

Tim, I believe your intentions are good, but your chosen medium isn't, IMO.
LMBO! :smt044

Hey now...Just like any of the Myspace like sites, you're going to have advertisements trying to get you to do this or buy that. Until you are a paying member, those adds stay up there.

I prefer feace to face ministry, as well, but that's not where God has me Soldier. I've called users who I've prayed the with as the accepted Christ, and then I've called a local church to get involved with those people.(411, phonebooks and the internet can be very useful.) Is it the best place, no I would agree it's not, but until God decides to have me serve in a church with people in the flesh, I'll be spreading the gospel online at IMVU. After all, God's word did say His word does not return void, did he not?

Please pray for this ministry. It needs the attention of a fulltime worker, and that is something I cannot do at this time in my life. God is begining to give me visions of what could take place, but I would need much help to get this off the ground.

I recently started building a message board off the main site of IMVU. However, I still need help running it. Please pray for this potential ministry.

I am so a newbie at new tech things and keeping up to date with them though am interested in hearing about them. I believe God has his disciples in all areas to reach the gospel to a certain group of people that might not listen to more traditional messages, also a person can relate to a Christian if they are into the same things as them.

So having a group of Christians in this IMVU is great and a forward looking ministry. I thought initially by clicking on the wiki link that the whole IMVU was Christian and it seemed to be about getting/making money for online life but if Christians are just using an existing system and meeting together in it like other groups then thats great to have a witness there. I take it its just a rival for second life (which I only heard and understood fairly recently) and that there is probably a Christian group in second life as well? Its just great that there is christians in all areas and walks of life that come up with continually new and inovative ways of sharing the gospel :biggrin

Second life does have a Christian ministry, and I had worked there for a few months. The enviroment of SL is much less controlled.It's is IMVU's rival, and I'd say IMVU is starting to edge away from SL. They work on thier program more. However, now that virtual reality is becoming so popular, Christians need to put a stake back to reality there.

Please pray for the ministry on IMVU. I had to leave because I just did not have the time to lead any longer and I felt God calling me to serve elsewhere. The ministry does have a new leader so please pray that God will guide him and have his heart.

Pray for the ministry on IMVU. The leaders need a renewing of God's power in their lives for them to impact that community.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back