Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

only in West Virginia

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

miamited

Hi folks,

Having been born and bred in West Virginia, I was humored by this tidbit of news:

In West Virginia, billboard ads are not allowed to contain the words “danger” and “stop” or to “imply the need or requirement of stopping or the existence of danger." Regulators worry that motorists cruising along the highway will slam on the brakes if they believe the ad is telling them to stop.

Thought it rather humorous.

God bless,
Ted

I love driving through WV when we go back to visit family in PA. The hills and valleys are so beautiful, especially in the early morning or around sunset.

I love driving through WV when we go back to visit family in PA. The hills and valleys are so beautiful, especially in the early morning or around sunset.
Yes, as the song says, almost heaven. Their slogan is the “The Switzerland of America.” And from a distance and in their abundant park system they have beauty unrivaled by any other forested state. Cool crystal clear running streams out of the highlands of the mountain tops. However, decades of coal mining has left its mark.

But economically, West Virginia is just so so poor. People in those small coal mining towns and little villages laid along side some shallow trout fishing river are just poor. The people of the Appalachian mountains live a pretty hard scrabble life, as compared to the rest of us.

But yes, it is beautiful passing through.

God bless,
Ted

Every time we pass through I always think about the old coal mining towns secretly tucked away in those hills and how those that stayed endure many hardships. Very sad indeed.

But remember: Don't slam on the brakes if the billboard says "STOP GAS!! GET GAS-X. SO YOU DON'T RUN THE DANGER OF OFFENDING YOUR NEIGHBOR.

:hysterical
Although, if it says "stop gas" it could be the last time you will find a gas satiation for man many miles, LOL.

Hi folks,

Having been born and bred in West Virginia, I was humored by this tidbit of news:

In West Virginia, billboard ads are not allowed to contain the words “danger” and “stop” or to “imply the need or requirement of stopping or the existence of danger." Regulators worry that motorists cruising along the highway will slam on the brakes if they believe the ad is telling them to stop.

God bless,
Ted
I'd definitely hit the brakes and I am from Illinois, but south of 36 I might add:missyou

Hi folks,

God bless,
Ted

Sounds like somebody made a boo boo, so they lobbied government rather than owning it, Lol.

Yeah, in Louisiana we have our own quirks. There's a good bit of Jesus billboards, which can be a real blessing sometimes. People also post humorous stuff. I was at a tire place last week, and just waiting around for work to be done. Then I looked up, and saw this:

multiverse-1024x461.jpg

He's an attorney, so I remember thinking, "What in the world is he doing now?" lol. But apparently he's developed several personas to let people know he will fight for them, including Latinos (which I'm guessing is what the avocado is about).

Not sure I'd be too confident if the poodle persona took my case, but hey, whatever works. Maybe that's for when he knows the judge has a soft spot for animals or something.

AirAroundTheClock.jpg

I refuse to brake for squirrels and chipmunks, they are just to indecisive "what should I do, what should I do a car coming", splat. :eek2
I do, but of course sometimes that can get you in trouble, I don't know how I escaped this but a family of raccoons were on the highway late at night one time and I swerved to miss them and a guard rail was on the side of the road, I believe God must have protected me, cause I don't know how I missed it, and didn't hit any raccoons either.

One should always practice safety first, mine happened instinctively.

Sounds like somebody made a boo boo, so they lobbied government rather than owning it, Lol.

Yeah, in Louisiana we have our own quirks. There's a good bit of Jesus billboards, which can be a real blessing sometimes. People also post humorous stuff. I was at a tire place last week, and just waiting around for work to be done. Then I looked up, and saw this:

View attachment 15091

He's an attorney, so I remember thinking, "What in the world is he doing now?" lol. But apparently he's developed several personas to let people know he will fight for them, including Latinos (which I'm guessing is what the avocado is about).

Not sure I'd be too confident if the poodle persona took my case, but hey, whatever works. Maybe that's for when he knows the judge has a soft spot for animals or something.
THE POODLE IS INNOCENT I TELL YA, INNOCENT.
I do, but of course sometimes that can get you in trouble, I don't know how I escaped this but a family of raccoons were on the highway late at night one time and I swerved to miss them and a guard rail was on the side of the road, I believe God must have protected me, cause I don't know how I missed it, and didn't hit any raccoons either.

One should always practice safety first, mine happened instinctively.
I will break for the bigger critters.

Back