Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

only the 144,000. Rev14:

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

tagan

Hello, I posted this to another christian forum, but I stumbled upon this site recently, and noticed it has an actual end times forum.
So what better place to post, to see what different responses I get from here?

Revelations 14:
3 And they sang a new song before the throne [of God] and before the four living creatures and before the elders [of

the heavenly Sanhedrin]. No one could learn [to sing] that song except the 144,000 who had been ransomed

(purchased, redeemed) from the earth.

4 These are they who have not defiled themselves by relations with women, for they are [[c]pure as] virgins. These

are they who follow the Lamb wherever He goes. These are they who have been ransomed (purchased, redeemed) from among

men as the firstfruits for God and the Lamb.

5 No lie was found to be upon their lips, for they are blameless (spotless, untainted, without blemish) before the

throne of God.

These 144,000 will be the only ones to learn this song,
they also have a mark on their forehead ( a good mark) that protects them from the calamities, and plagues, and
scorpions stings etc. bestowed upon the earth. ( you can find this in previous chapters of Rev.)

That means everyone else will be suffering these tribulations, and only these 144,000 will be protected from these wraths.
They are virgins who never lied, who follow Jesus wherever he goes.
So guess what, if you are reading this it most likely does not mean YOU, or me, because 144,000 out of 7 billion people is a very small percent. So be prepared to suffer plagues, and calamities during the tribulation.

Am I interpreting this correctly?
prayer.gif

Don't forget about Revelation 7:9

9 After these things I looked, and behold, a great multitude which no one could number, of all nations, tribes, peoples, and tongues, standing before the throne and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, with palm branches in their hands,

These are listed alongside the 144,000 put not part of the 144,000 as no one could number them. If these people can't be numbered, and the 144,000 can be numbered, these people are not numbered within the 144,000.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello, I posted this to another christian forum, but I stumbled upon this site recently, and noticed it has an actual end times forum.
So what better place to post, to see what different responses I get from here?

Revelations 14:
they also have a mark on their forehead ( a good mark) that protects them from the calamities, and plagues, and
scorpions stings etc. bestowed upon the earth. ( you can find this in previous chapters of Rev.)

That means everyone else will be suffering these tribulations, and only these 144,000 will be protected from these wraths.
They are virgins who never lied, who follow Jesus wherever he goes.
So guess what, if you are reading this it most likely does not mean YOU, or me, because 144,000 out of 7 billion people is a very small percent. So be prepared to suffer plagues, and calamities during the tribulation.

prayer.gif
Hi again Tagan. I personally believe there are four groups caught up into heaven. In Revelation 4:1 the Apostle John is caught up to heaven to see things which shall be hereafter and sees the twenty-four elders in Revelation 4:4, four living ones of Revelation 4:6, the great multitude of Revelation 7:9, and finally the one hundred and forty-four thousand of Revelation 14:1. None of these will experience the second half of great tribulation.

The one hundred and forty-four thousand like us are redeemed from the earth, and undoubtedly sing a song pertinent to their experience different to other parts of the church. For instance, the twenty-four elders and four living ones of Revelation sing a special song in Revelation 5:9, and they sung a new song, saying, Thou art worthy to take the book, and to open the seals thereof: for thou wast slain, and hast redeemed us to God by thy blood out of every kindred, and tongue, and people, and nation. Of course the one hundred and forty-four thousand cannot sing that song because they are all of Israel.

Blessings in Christ Jesus.

Revelations 14:

prayer.gif

This has been revealed to you, not everyone is meant to understand this. The significance of the 144K is that they will be the only male believers that will be alive at Christ's advent. The rest of Christendom will have been martyred.

So guess what, if you are reading this it most likely does not mean YOU, or me,,,,

That is up to you.

I sent you a PM. Let me know if you got it.

In Yehoshua,
Guy Smith

This has been revealed to you, not everyone is meant to understand this. The significance of the 144K is that they will be the only male believers that will be alive at Christ's advent. The rest of Christendom will have been martyred.

That is up to you.

I sent you a PM. Let me know if you got it.

In Yehoshua,
Guy Smith

"That is up to you." ?
"The rest of Christendom will have been martyred." What scriptures tell you this, please? Thanks

Hello Deborah,

The Fifth trumpet plague is designed to affect all mankind except those with the seal of God in their foreheads.

Revelation 9:1 The fifth angel sounded his trumpet, and I saw a star that had fallen from the sky to the earth. The star was given the key to the shaft of the Abyss. 2 When he opened the Abyss, smoke rose from it like the smoke from a gigantic furnace. The sun and sky were darkened by the smoke from the Abyss. 3 And out of the smoke locusts came down on the earth and were given power like that of scorpions of the earth. 4 They were told not to harm the grass of the earth or any plant or tree, but only those people who did not have the seal of God on their foreheads.

Only the ones with the "seal of God" in their foreheads will be protected from this plague, which is the 144K.

Revelation 7:3 “Do not harm the land or the sea or the trees until we put a seal on the foreheads of the servants of our God.” 4 Then I heard the number of those who were sealed: 144,000 from all the tribes of Israel.

If there were any other Christians alive at that time, then they would also be affected by that plague. This is the reason that the 144k are identified as "the redeemed."

However, the 144K is the male count. The female count is identified in the OT as "the daughters of Zion" (Isaiah 3 &4).

Last edited:
So then is this the doctrine of the Jehovah's Witnesses? I've always heard them talking about the 144,000 but never got that much into learning what they really believe and why they believe it. I've asked a couple of times, but their answers made no logical sense to me.

Gal 3:28
There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.

If you believe the 144K are Christians, then neither the actual genetics nor the gender of the 144K is important. However, references to these characteristics can be used to communicate other spiritual qualities shared by the 144K based on scripture. For example, the idea they are virgins is not in the physical sense, but spiritual, as in they did not defile themselves with foreign gods as would a harlot.:twocents

Hello Deborah,

The Fifth trumpet plague is designed to affect all mankind except those with the seal of God in their foreheads.

Revelation 9:1 The fifth angel sounded his trumpet, and I saw a star that had fallen from the sky to the earth. The star was given the key to the shaft of the Abyss. 2 When he opened the Abyss, smoke rose from it like the smoke from a gigantic furnace. The sun and sky were darkened by the smoke from the Abyss. 3 And out of the smoke locusts came down on the earth and were given power like that of scorpions of the earth. 4 They were told not to harm the grass of the earth or any plant or tree, but only those people who did not have the seal of God on their foreheads.

Only the ones with the "seal of God" in their foreheads will be protected from this plague, which is the 144K.

Revelation 7:3 “Do not harm the land or the sea or the trees until we put a seal on the foreheads of the servants of our God.” 4 Then I heard the number of those who were sealed: 144,000 from all the tribes of Israel.

If there were any other Christians alive at that time, then they would also be affected by that plague. This is the reason that the 144k are identified as "the redeemed."

However, the 144K is the male count. The female count is identified in the OT as "the daughters of Zion" (Isaiah 3 &4).

So I was right in the first place, only the 144,000 get mark from God, all the rest will suffer the plague. :sad

So then is this the doctrine of the Jehovah's Witnesses? I've always heard them talking about the 144,000 but never got that much into learning what they really believe and why they believe it. I've asked a couple of times, but their answers made no logical sense to me.

No, what we are addressing is not a JW doctrine that I am aware of.

So I was right in the first place, only the 144,000 get mark from God, all the rest will suffer the plague. :sad

Yes, in the light of this, who do you think Christ is instructing to watch and pray?

Luke 21:36Be always on the watch, and pray that you may be able to escape all that is about to happen, and that you may be able to stand before the Son of Man.”

Gal 3:28
There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.

If you believe the 144K are Christians, then neither the actual genetics nor the gender of the 144K is important. However, references to these characteristics can be used to communicate other spiritual qualities shared by the 144K based on scripture. For example, the idea they are virgins is not in the physical sense, but spiritual, as in they did not defile themselves with foreign gods as would a harlot.:twocents
:eek

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back