Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[ Testimony ] Only what you do for Christ will last . . .

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

23Psalm

The rest fails! 1/14/14...I will never forget.

God is amazing. God is good. I can't believe I waited for so long to embrace his power and truly devote my heart, my mind, my body to him and his glory. I am a high school football coach. I was at one school coaching Junior Varsity as a Quarterback and Defensive Back coach. The school was about an hour from my home so it was quite a commute, but the sacrifice was worth it as I gained valuable experience.

I am happy to say that I was offered a Head Junior Varsity coaching position at a school about 20 minutes from me. God is so good! This coaching journey was filled with bumps and bruies along the way. Years ago, I coached youth football and was treated badly by my coaches and parents. Two years ago, I was verbally and physically attacked by coaches and parents. Coaches that I thought were my friends turned on me and my family. There were times when I questioned my purpose for coaching as I suffered greatly. But I pressed on and endured the darts and daggers of the enemy and I have a job that I worked hard for now.

Not to gloat or anything, but that same coach that turned his back on me two years ago was recently fired from a high school position and contacted me about coaching on my staff. God put me in this position to preach his gospel and be a light to those young men that I will encounter every day. To God be the Glory. Oh yeah, I want to win and kick butt as well.

Back