Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Operation Iron Snare

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Yep, I agree when I comes to family law...men often get the short end of the stick.

However, this is far more the problem of the courts and judges...not the cops.

To my knowledge, in most states...I don't know about all...the child support is not sent directly to the custodial parent...it's sent to the state's child support collection agency and they send it to the custodial parent. So, when a guy is $30,000-$75,000 in arrears of child support payments, it is the state that handles the case. They are the ones that issue the warrants.

This is why I don't have a lot of sympathy for the guys in the sting operation...and the fact that there are women out there who are bilking the system doesn't negate their own wrongdoing.

If a guy who owes child support falls on bad times, he can always go to court and explain why he needs the cs payments lowered...I know this because my brother-in-law had to do this once.

Then again...stand up guy that he is...he also did his best to find another job so that he could pay the full amount...once was working three jobs to do so.

And, he also continued to pay, even after his eldest daughters turned 18, until they left the house on their own. He didn't have to do that...he just did.

My point to all this isn't to brag on my b-i-l...it's to show that, for a guy who is truly working for the welfare of his children...he'll find a way. My b-i-l worked three jobs...Reba's son lived in a car...they did what they had to to man up and support their kids.

Child support payments can add up quickly...I understand that. But, we're talking a minimum of $30,000 in arrears...even at the most generous of support payments, there is a significant amount of months that support wasn't forthcoming at that rate. Months that could have been used to work out a solution rather than stiff their kids out of support.

Yep, I agree when I comes to family law...men often get the short end of the stick.

However, this is far more the problem of the courts and judges...not the cops.

To my knowledge, in most states...I don't know about all...the child support is not sent directly to the custodial parent...it's sent to the state's child support collection agency and they send it to the custodial parent. So, when a guy is $30,000-$75,000 in arrears of child support payments, it is the state that handles the case. They are the ones that issue the warrants.

This is why I don't have a lot of sympathy for the guys in the sting operation...and the fact that there are women out there who are bilking the system doesn't negate their own wrongdoing.

If a guy who owes child support falls on bad times, he can always go to court and explain why he needs the cs payments lowered...I know this because my brother-in-law had to do this once.

Then again...stand up guy that he is...he also did his best to find another job so that he could pay the full amount...once was working three jobs to do so.

And, he also continued to pay, even after his eldest daughters turned 18, until they left the house on their own. He didn't have to do that...he just did.

My point to all this isn't to brag on my b-i-l...it's to show that, for a guy who is truly working for the welfare of his children...he'll find a way. My b-i-l worked three jobs...Reba's son lived in a car...they did what they had to to man up and support their kids.

Child support payments can add up quickly...I understand that. But, we're talking a minimum of $30,000 in arrears...even at the most generous of support payments, there is a significant amount of months that support wasn't forthcoming at that rate. Months that could have been used to work out a solution rather than stiff their kids out of support.

too the women and this did happen to my wifes kids and also could and did in a sense happen to the mother of that newborn(nathan has a different father, albeit useless).

my wifes ex and father of her kids didnt pay child support, so my wife nailed him in court, he paid and never saw the kids till i think a year before i dated her, this was a span of at least ten yrs or more. ere his death(he died while from kidney failure do to alcohol poisoning) he reconciled and was in their life and admited to his kids that he was wrong.

with nathans dad and this man, some women ie choose not to pursue this in court as they would rather have a dad in the child's life then money.

i dont agree with that but if as my brother has gone through, he let his house go so that he could have some time with his kids. supporting them and not seeing them or being that dad is more important to him then having a house.

the mother of his kids does take care of them but she tends to float throw men. she is divorced twice and also had kids from her each of them.

Thanks to everyone for posting here.

I have realized that I don't hate any individual people, but I do hate the way the system is set up, and I do hate the fact that people can't see the wrong in it.

Someone here asked me which is worse, not paying child support or lying? They are both evil, but if you can't get money from someone who maybe through no fault of their own has no money, or no job, then is it okay to punish them just for falling on hard times?

Child support, for example, does not work that way. The vast majority of say fathers, who don't pay child support, are deadbeats. However, that's the for the courts to decide.

If these guys had warrants then that's their fault. You have to do a lot of nothing to get a warrant for your arrest for not paying your child support.....that one guy can't pay his child support, but he was sure excited to go to a free foot ball game wasn't he. :lol

Thanks to everyone for posting here.

I have realized that I don't hate any individual people, but I do hate the way the system is set up, and I do hate the fact that people can't see the wrong in it.

Someone here asked me which is worse, not paying child support or lying? They are both evil, but if you can't get money from someone who maybe through no fault of their own has no money, or no job, then is it okay to punish them just for falling on hard times?

Much of your angst seems to be focused around the idea if lying, or the way the "beast" systems would use deceptive practices to ensnare delinquents. While I won't defend the perceived lying, I would be remiss if I did not remind you that the Lord said He would send you strong delusion so that you would believe a lie (2 Thes 2), and again, because of your abominations, the Lord would choose your delusions, and bring your fears upon you (Isa 66).

Please don't take the wording personally, I am using the word "you(r)" in a general sense.

We've talked "Operation Iron Snare" to death...but I have a question for anyone.....is there such thing as "Righteous deception" and can anyone draw some examples from the bible?

We've talked "Operation Iron Snare" to death...but I have a question for anyone.....is there such thing as "Righteous deception" and can anyone draw some examples from the bible?

Rahab

Joshua 2
"<sup class="versenum" id="en-NIV1984-5872">2</sup> The king of Jericho was told, “Look! Some of the Israelites have come here tonight to spy out the land.†<sup class="versenum" id="en-NIV1984-5873">3</sup> So the king of Jericho sent this message to Rahab: “Bring out the men who came to you and entered your house, because they have come to spy out the whole land.â€
<sup class="versenum" id="en-NIV1984-5874">4</sup> But the woman had taken the two men and hidden them. She said, “Yes, the men came to me, but I did not know where they had come from. <sup class="versenum" id="en-NIV1984-5875">5</sup> At dusk, when it was time to close the city gate, the men left. I don’t know which way they went. Go after them quickly. You may catch up with them.†<sup class="versenum" id="en-NIV1984-5876">6</sup> (But she had taken them up to the roof and hidden them under the stalks of flax she had laid out on the roof.) <sup class="versenum" id="en-NIV1984-5877">7</sup> So the men set out in pursuit of the spies on the road that leads to the fords of the Jordan, and as soon as the pursuers had gone out, the gate was shut."

Rehab from Jericho but that needs to be a new topic

reba

You're just miffed because you were 1 minute too late with your response. Awe! You were SO close!

I don't think it's off topic at all. If police have to "lie" for the greater good of society, sometimes that's the better thing to do. If Rahab hadn't lied, the Book of Joshua would only be 2 chapters long! ;)

Super moderator says go for it!

Gen 42:7 And Joseph saw his brethren, and he knew them, but made himself strange unto them, and spake roughly unto them; and he said unto them, Whence come ye? And they said, From the land of Canaan to buy food.

Gen 42:14 And Joseph said unto them, That is it that I spake unto you, saying, Ye are spies:

Exo 2:2 And the woman conceived, and bare a son: and when she saw him that he was a goodly child, she hid him three months.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back