Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

OriginDebate.com - A Contest

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
M

MikeD

http://www.OriginDebate.com is a contest between Intelligent Design supporters and Evolution supporters.
There are two advertising pages, one for Intelligent Design and one for Evolution. You can buy a spot on either page for as little as $10.

The first side to fill their page wins. At that point no more advertising can be bought for either side so a portion of the losing sides page will always be empty.

If the Intelligent Design side wins the 50% of the gross will be donated to groups or individuals who actively promote Intelligent Design. And I'll go to church every week for a year.

If the Evolution side wins then 50% off the gross will be donated to groups or individuals who actively promote Evolution.

Why you should buy advertising on one of these pages:
-to generate traffic for your website.
-to show your support for Evolution or Intelligent Design.
-to help me pay for college.
-to get me into church
-to generate money towards large donations that will help promote Evolution or Intelligent Design
-bragging rights

The advertising pages are based on the famous million dollar homepage by Alex Tew. Except that through modern advances in pixel manufacturing technology I'm able to offer these pixels at 10% of what he charged :wink:

I'm not donating 100% off the gross because I'm going to have to pay income tax on the total amount, gift taxes on the money donated, hosting and PayPal fees. The money that is left after that will be used to help me pay for college.

I guarantee I'll keep the site up for 5 years (aside from maintenance, DOS attacks, and things like that), however I plan to keep the site up much longer than 5 years.

Thanks for reading all the way through. :)

I have a basic idea who is going to get the money at the end of the contest. I'm going to conside this list preliminary for about a week. During that time I want to make sure that the recipients want to recieve these donations (I don't see why the wouldn't but you never know). I also want to get input from people. Is there someone you think should be included on this list? Do you think one of these recipients shouldn't be on the list? I welcome any input.

If the Intelligent Design page wins then:
William Dembski will receive 10% of the gross.
Denyse O'Leary will receive 10% of the gross.
The Discovery Institute will receive 15% of the gross.
ISCID will receive 10% of the gross.
Unchained Radio will receive 5% of the gross

If the Evolution page wins then:
Infidels.org will receive 20% of the gross.
Talk Origins will receive 5% of the gross.
The Rational Responders will receive 20% of the gross.
CreationismSucks.com will receive 5% of the gross.

Again, this list is preliminary. I might shift the amounts some, I might add someone else, I might even drop someone from the list but this will give you a rough idea of where the money will go. I plan to have an official list done by Monday November 20th.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back