Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Prayer __] Our child hates us.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
I mean that literally. We are Christians and we have always tried to live a Christian life. We're not perfect, but we were never abusive to our children. Our youngest, who is now in her 20's, got involved in wicca, tarot cards, drugs and just about anything else that we were against. She says she hears voices, she will sometimes call us and say the most horrible things. Some of the things she says about Jesus is unbelievable. We've prayed and things just keep getting worse and worse. She has literally threatened our lives. We've dealt with this for a couple of years now.

I don't know what I'm really asking for. I think I'm just reaching out for any kind of advice or prayer.

Is this your only child?

Were you consistent in disciplining this child?

Did you live truly in faithfulness to Christ as you raised her?

Was she babysat? Sometimes outside influences come in at an early age and cause a break in the normal development of a child's character.

I'm sorry I have to ask this but we need to see what her influences were from the beginning. A child who goes astray will show something is wrong from an early age...usually!

^ or, it could just be the devil's own working extra hard on her.

When you describe your daughter, it reminds me of me. I have said horrible things about my King when I didn't believe. I too always heard voices my whole life, and I always felt I was borderline schizophrenic. My voice would change with my moods, I know I frightened many people. Now that I am saved, I know it was demons tormenting me. They knew I was weak emotionally (I was adopted, birth mother did drugs when I was inside her) and I would be easy to break.

It probably isn't anything you did. I went on a serious spiritual sprint when I was 20. I wanted to find the TRUTH, and I fell into the horrid new age movement. Now, I don't think it's all that bad (I love eating right and learning to live with the earth!!) but looking to the sun as a God, and believing in aliens... no way!

Ok I am rambling now, but what I am trying to say is that trust me... she will find her way when the time is right. Jeremiah 29:13 "And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart." I am a mother now and I always pray to God to always hold my son close, always let him know that God will never forsake him. I am afraid that my child will have turned from God, and will not be with me in heaven. But you know what? God knows your daughter's heart. She was raised to know Jesus. I bet if she was moments from death, she would cry out and apologize to God. He would take her up to heaven in his arms as if she followed him to a perfect T her whole life.

I will pray for your daughter to return to Christ. I'm actually tearing up a bit writing this because I can imagine how you feel, mother to mother. Jesus, please be with Iwannagiveup's daughter. Please show her that you are the light and are the zest of life she is searching for. Lead her out of the darkness Lord Jesus, and into the light with you and your kingdom! Amen!

You can always send me a message, I am here for you whether to talk, or to listen to what you want to say. I'm a stay at home mama, so I'm usually always near a computer. Stay faithful to God and he will come through for you. Love always :)

I think involvement in the occult can lead to madness. It certainly didn't help me any, that's for sure. I hate to say this--I really, really do--but if your daughter is anything like me, she may have to "hit rock bottom," as they say, before she comes to see the Truth about God and Satan and herself.

You can pray, though. I'll pray for you and your daughter tonight. Keep hope alive, and try not to blame yourself. If she's in her 20s, she's old enough to make her own decisions, even if they are wrong and self-destructive.

I mean that literally. We are Christians and we have always tried to live a Christian life. We're not perfect, but we were never abusive to our children. Our youngest, who is now in her 20's, got involved in wicca, tarot cards, drugs and just about anything else that we were against. She says she hears voices, she will sometimes call us and say the most horrible things. Some of the things she says about Jesus is unbelievable. We've prayed and things just keep getting worse and worse. She has literally threatened our lives. We've dealt with this for a couple of years now.

I don't know what I'm really asking for. I think I'm just reaching out for any kind of advice or prayer.

Sounds to me like she is posessed. I say to keep praying, and when it gets worse, continue all the more. I will see if I can get my family in this. This will stop by the power of God!!

P.S. Never give up on God, he is with you always. Keep in faith and hold strong :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Adullam: No, she's our youngest. We diciplined both our children and I feel we were consistent. She was a great kid growing up, but fell in with the wrong crowd in her teens. We tied to keep her from them, but she ended up running away at 17. No, we did not follow Christ the way we should have when the kids were young - never went to church. Truthfully, we figured we could raise our kids without the church and tell them about Christ as we went along in life. Dumb? Yes. We never grew and as a result, neither did they. Babysat? Rarely. My wife stayed home. We realized the mistake of not following God's word.

Proverbs 22:6 Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it.

She has the basic knowledge of Christ and salvation, but married into a family of wiccan's (now divorced).

eliorah: Thank you for your prayers. We have faith in Christ that he will work in her life.

Christ_empowered: It's difficult not to blame ourselves. Sometimes the anger we get after we get one of those nasty late night phone calls. We don't curse her or anything, we just ask her "why are you doing this?" We can almost hear her seething with hate then she'll hang up. We finally blocked her number so she won't be able to call us from there anymore. We just don't want to communicate with her anymore.

Fire_inside21: I kind of wondered about this. 4-5 years ago she said we were the greatest parents on the planet. We did things together and just had a great time. Then as she got further into tarrot cards, fairies, wicca, Harry Potter stuff and her husband got heavy into world of warcraft (he'd spend hours, days playing that dumb game), her marraige went south, things happened in our lives to where we couldn't spend a lot of time with her. Maybe she felt ignored. I don't know.

She told her mother that grandpa (deceased) told her to buy a rat. The rat bit her and she said she killed it. She says she talks to dead people. If that's the case then I know she's communicating with demons.

I say to keep praying, and when it gets worse, continue all the more. I will see if I can get my family in this. This will stop by the power of God!!

P.S. Never give up on God, he is with you always. Keep in faith and hold strong.

Thank you for this. No, I won't quit praying for her, even if I say I want to give up, I won't. I'll pray for her until my last breath is taken.

Thank you for all those who responded and are joining me in prayer for my daughter.

Adullam: No, she's our youngest. We diciplined both our children and I feel we were consistent. She was a great kid growing up, but fell in with the wrong crowd in her teens. We tied to keep her from them, but she ended up running away at 17. No, we did not follow Christ the way we should have when the kids were young - never went to church. Truthfully, we figured we could raise our kids without the church and tell them about Christ as we went along in life. Dumb? Yes. We never grew and as a result, neither did they. Babysat? Rarely. My wife stayed home. We realized the mistake of not following God's word.

She has the basic knowledge of Christ and salvation, but married into a family of wiccan's (now divorced).

eliorah: Thank you for your prayers. We have faith in Christ that he will work in her life.

Christ_empowered: It's difficult not to blame ourselves. Sometimes the anger we get after we get one of those nasty late night phone calls. We don't curse her or anything, we just ask her "why are you doing this?" We can almost hear her seething with hate then she'll hang up. We finally blocked her number so she won't be able to call us from there anymore. We just don't want to communicate with her anymore.

Fire_inside21: I kind of wondered about this. 4-5 years ago she said we were the greatest parents on the planet. We did things together and just had a great time. Then as she got further into tarrot cards, fairies, wicca, Harry Potter stuff and her husband got heavy into world of warcraft (he'd spend hours, days playing that dumb game), her marraige went south, things happened in our lives to where we couldn't spend a lot of time with her. Maybe she felt ignored. I don't know.

She told her mother that grandpa (deceased) told her to buy a rat. The rat bit her and she said she killed it. She says she talks to dead people. If that's the case then I know she's communicating with demons.

Thank you for this. No, I won't quit praying for her, even if I say I want to give up, I won't. I'll pray for her until my last breath is taken.

Thank you for all those who responded and are joining me in prayer for my daughter.

Thanks. We will pray for your daughter!

Peace in Christ

John

I could say my brother has been in that hole, all his life he had anger that built up over the years, his divorce only made it worse, it brought him to literally punching his walls/doors (believe me I saw the damage). God reached him through my mom, who out of all her love never gave up on praying for him to surrender his life. No matter what God never gave up on him. He always used to play Dungeons and Dragons, and had this fixation with Dragons alone. Where he is now, he absolutely hates Dragons with a passion. God reached through the darkness and gave him peace. It will be the same for your daughter, God will reach through everything she is doing wrong and give her the peace she needs.

I wish I could say I have been praying, but out of all honesty, I haven't........I apologize for that and will from now on, type what I want to pray through here. (I usually forget most of the things on my mind half the time)

Lord God, I ask for you to break through this darkness that is plaguing your daughter, give her the peace she needs to surrender her life to you. Heal her from the inside, bring her joy only you can give. Bring her to her knees for you, these evil things she has given into have no strength against you oh Lord, hear our prayers here on this earth. In your wonderful and glorious name I pray, Amen.

God,
I pray that Iwannagiveup's daughter would be healed. That she would be healed from all the pain in her life and that you would show her the light. Become the light in the darkness that surrounds her, and lead her out. I ask for your amazing love to be poured out on this family, and that they would have faith and trust you in their times of need. In the name of Jesus Christ,
Amen.

My father struggles with a similar situation:

One of my brothers is homosexual. He hates God. My father beats himself up over this, he blames himself and his failed marriage to our mom for my bothers outcome. He recently said that when he stands before God, he will say that he'd rather spend eternity in hell with my homosexual brother, than in heaven without him.

My wife & I have an infant daughter (our first). I cannot imagine the suffering your family is going through.

Heavenly Father,
We know that it pains you to have your children live in rebellion. We thank you for sending your Son to suffer for our rebelliousness. Help us to nail our iniquities on the cross of Christ Jesus. Call your lost sheep back to you, through your Son!

Lord Jesus,
We know that you took the sins of the world upon yourself. You took the suffering of mankind, the Fathers justice for us so that we may be born again in you and die to ourselves. Oh Lord, shine your light on this families darkness! Replace this heart of stone with a heart of flesh and remove the scales that blind the eyes to your Glory!

Holy Spirit,
Comfort and guide this family! Give them strength and patience! Help them to remember that the world hated Jesus first. Help them to put their worries & strife on Christ. To carry His yoke instead.

Oh Merciful & Ever Loving God,
Heal these wounds! Pour out your Grace on this family! Stretch out the healing hand of Christ! For your Glory alone!

Amen

Ok, just my two cents here on something that may help.
Have you had your daughter put through a Psychological evaluation?

It isn't my place, as this is a Christian forum, and a prayer request sub-form to tell you not to seek an Exorcism or to simply pray, as I of course don't think either of those will work. But I would urge you, for the sake of your child to get some real world medical help first, and make sure she isn't suffering from a psychological disorder of some kind. I only mention this because of the death threats, not because of anything else.

I'm leaning towards Skeptic's advice as well. Psychology is not just a man made science. It's man's ability to reason and think to study God's creation more closely, but prayer does help and I will pray for you and your daughter.

We don't always know why God allows what he does, but have to know he has a purpose, and a plan for it.

Sounds to me like she is posessed. I say to keep praying, and when it gets worse, continue all the more. I will see if I can get my family in this. This will stop by the power of God!!

P.S. Never give up on God, he is with you always. Keep in faith and hold strong :)
Nah a demon wouldn't deny God. They're not stupid.

My father struggles with a similar situation:

One of my brothers is homosexual. He hates God. My father beats himself up over this, he blames himself and his failed marriage to our mom for my bothers outcome. He recently said that when he stands before God, he will say that he'd rather spend eternity in hell with my homosexual brother, than in heaven without him.

My wife & I have an infant daughter (our first). I cannot imagine the suffering your family is going through.

Heavenly Father,
We know that it pains you to have your children live in rebellion. We thank you for sending your Son to suffer for our rebelliousness. Help us to nail our iniquities on the cross of Christ Jesus. Call your lost sheep back to you, through your Son!

Lord Jesus,
We know that you took the sins of the world upon yourself. You took the suffering of mankind, the Fathers justice for us so that we may be born again in you and die to ourselves. Oh Lord, shine your light on this families darkness! Replace this heart of stone with a heart of flesh and remove the scales that blind the eyes to your Glory!

Holy Spirit,
Comfort and guide this family! Give them strength and patience! Help them to remember that the world hated Jesus first. Help them to put their worries & strife on Christ. To carry His yoke instead.

Oh Merciful & Ever Loving God,
Heal these wounds! Pour out your Grace on this family! Stretch out the healing hand of Christ! For your Glory alone!

Amen
Well if he wants to go to Hell then it seems he is not sane. No sane person would rather burn alive forever then go to Heaven.

Well if he wants to go to Hell then it seems he is not sane. No sane person would rather burn alive forever then go to Heaven.

My dad does not "want" to go to Hell, he doesn't want to be in Heaven without his children. I agree that my dad's plan (his "ace in the hole" as he calls it) is a bit foolish considering what the Bible teaches. However, unless you have children, which I'm assuming you don't, the prospect of knowing your son/daughter's fate of eternal suffering enables a parent to say "insane" things out of love for your child.

I will pray for your father also, and for the daughter of this thread, although sometimes they do not know what they say we must never lose faith in them to be saved. Of course we cannot force them but we must support them in every way, show them that God is love and through him, they can have eternal happiness.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back