Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

***Out of the mouths of babes***

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

Amielou

Got this idea from another thread elsewhere... post cute / funny / ironic things you have heard kiddlets say... they are always a catch for a giggle or two are our precious little'uns.

i have 2 for now:

one is:

from little Master 5 i used to care for (until recently)

Me: "So what are you and mummy and daddy up to tomorrow (Saturday)"

Mr5: "We are going to have my int"

Me" "your what??"

Mr5: "My int."

Me: " (insert child's name here), what is an int? there's no such thing as an int."

Mr5: "My int of meee."

Me: (getting most confused by now) "(insert name) what are you talking about... there's no such thing as an 'int'... maybe try and tell me slowly so i can understand you better."

Mr5: (very slowly and carefully, clearly trying not to get frustrated..) "My INT, you know, my INT of me, for school, my INT!"

Me: (finally cottoned on...) "oh, (name) you mean your interview?"

Mr5: (relieved) "YES! my 'int of me'... that's what i said!"

He had heard mum and dad and i talking about his INTERVIEW he had to go to for his fancy private school, and had heard it as "int-of-you" and as he knew we were talking about him and his school he calls it his int-of-me lol

and the other:

It was Christmas and miss 2 (in my sunday school class) was very excited...

Little Miss 2: (jumping up and down excitedly) "It's Christmas soon, sooooon!!"

Me: (leaning down to her,) "Yes, it is going to be Christmas soon, are you excited?"

Little Miss 2: (nods) "Yep."

Me: "Do you know what Christmas is about?"

Little Miss 2: (nods) "Yep."

Me: "mhmm.. can you tell me??"

Little Miss 2: "Jesus birthday... Jesus came to save us"

Me: "That's right (name), and do you know where Jesus is now?" (thinking she'd say heaven or something)

Little Miss 2: (hand on her chest with a sweet warm little smile says softly..) "In my heart. He's my friend."

Just adorable. Such a young, new and absolute faith she had, she inspired me that day.

oh, make that 3: one more...

While toilet training a toddler recently:

Miss 2: (watching me on the loo ) What you doin?

Me: (slightly befuddled ) A wee, dear.

Miss 2: (sooo excited + clapping hands) GOOD! GOOD! good-good-good!!! sticka!! sticka for wee for Amy

*I made her a sticker chart for every time she uses the toilet and does something in it, and she thought i deserved one for my wee too lol

Back