Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Overcoming fear?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Casting fear aside is something our Lord, through His perfect love, helps us to overcome. Step by step, His love strengthens us.

I become fearful when I think about.....
I become angry when I think about......
I become sad when I think about......

Too much thinking about the wrong things....... Stop It

Php 4:8 Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.
Php 4:6 Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.
Php 4:7 And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

There is nothing to fear, but fear itself - FDR

2Timothy 1:7 For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

If you are trusting, then you are not fearing.

I remember those stickers that said "NO FEAR" Based on what though?

The world can say "NO FEAR" until the emotional cataclysm caused by natural circumstances over comes their threshold to pretend.

To not have any fear, there must be a reason.

There's also a movement amongst worldly people to follow the creed "no fear" . Unfortunately it's mostly based on a strength/revenge mentality.

The world can say "NO FEAR" until the emotional cataclysm caused by natural circumstances over comes their threshold to pretend.

I have heard it said before that fear is merely a lack of faith in God. Be of good cheer brethren, for I have overcome the world.

That's a great video. :lol

When we have faith in the Lord, we need to realize that if we have faith, then we need no fear at all. Even though we have faced valleys more than mountains in our lives. But still, God is preparing for us to face valleys bigger and bigger. But God wants us to place faith in Him. So that we don't do it by ourselves. With His love, guidance, and understanding strength.

There's also a movement amongst worldly people to follow the creed "no fear" . Unfortunately it's mostly based on a strength/revenge mentality.

Right, No such thing as being free of any fear but of the Lord Jesus who defeated fear and death by which the world is subject to and in bondage to. The World uses mental assertion based on a personal strength, or imagined personal strength. For believers, Fear tolerated, is faith contaminated.

When we have faith in the Lord, we need to realize that if we have faith, then we need no fear at all. Even though we have faced valleys more than mountains in our lives. But still, God is preparing for us to face valleys bigger and bigger. But God wants us to place faith in Him. So that we don't do it by ourselves. With His love, guidance, and understanding strength.

The bigger valley......... Tribulation puts to work patience, patience produces experience, and experience Hope. Tribulation never produced faith. Through experience, David said that God had given to him the lion and bear. When Goliath came up, David already had traveled the lion and bear valley, and was confident that walking through the Goliath valley was cake. The bear and lion had more right standing with God than Goliath who did not even have a covenant with God.

I have to keep in mind that others, as I, had yet to walk through any valley's yet trusting God. If God can get you through the little valley, then a bit bigger one is also not a issue.

still, there is at least one fear that is good and 'recommended' in Scripture. (no, not referring to "the fear of the Lord" )(whether it means any kind or sort of 'fear' or the more often stated 'healthy respect' )....
Hebrews 4
and in view of the multitudes that Jesus tells to scat when it is too late to do anything about it,
it's a 'fear' not to be taken lightly.

You do not have to be in bondage to this devilish spirit; as a Believer, God has given you dominion over it! Fear tolerated is faith contaminated.

You might as well face it. As long as you are on this earth, the devil is going to talk to you. He has a right to test your faith by bringing you circumstances and lies to see if you’ll receive them.

But when he does, refuse them. Cast down those fearful imaginations and every thought that is contrary to the promise of God (2 Corinthians 10:5). Say, “The Lord is on my side, I WILL NOT FEAR!”

Then open your mouth and speak the Word of God. Use it to contradict the devil’s lies. If he tells you that you won’t have enough money to pay your house payment this month, don’t just struggle silently with that thought. Speak up. Say right out loud, “I will too have the money to pay my house payment. I know I will because my God supplies all my needs according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus!”

I found out a long time ago that when my mouth speaks, my mind has to stop and listen to what it’s saying.

bondage ? no. freedom and rest, yes. yet as it is written in Hebrews 4 -- some did not get the freedom and rest, because they disobeyed, and they didn't trust. >>>
Hebrews 4
Amplified Bible (AMP)
4 Therefore, while the promise of entering His rest still holds and is offered [today], let us be afraid [to distrust it], lest any of you should think he has come too late and has come short of [reaching] it.
2 For indeed we have had the glad tidings [Gospel of God] proclaimed to us just as truly as they [the Israelites of old did when the good news of deliverance from bondage came to them]; but the message they heard did not benefit them, because it was not mixed with faith (with the leaning of the entire personality on God in absolute trust and confidence in His power, wisdom, and goodness) by those who heard it; neither were they united in faith with the ones [Joshua and Caleb] who heard (did believe).
3 For we who have believed (adhered to and trusted in and relied on God) do enter that rest, in accordance with His declaration that those [who did not believe] should not enter when He said, As I swore in My wrath, They shall not enter My rest; and this He said although [His] works had been completed and prepared [and waiting for all who would believe] from the foundation of the world.
4 For in a certain place He has said this about the seventh day: And God rested on the seventh day from all His works.

5 And [they forfeited their part in it, for] in this [passage] He said, They shall not enter My rest.

6 Seeing then that the promise remains over [from past times] for some to enter that rest, and that those who formerly were given the good news about it and the opportunity, failed to appropriate it and
did not enter because of disobedience,

admittedly awkward to 'be afraid' to distrust Yhwh's Promise; but as it is written all the more encouragement to press in to Him to "adhere to and trust in and rely on Yhwh" and believe Him and do as He says so that we are not among those who "did not enter because of disobedience".

bondage ? no. freedom and rest, yes. yet as it is written in Hebrews 4 -- some did not get the freedom and rest, because they disobeyed, and they didn't trust. >>>
Hebrews 4
Amplified Bible (AMP)
4 Therefore, while the promise of entering His rest still holds and is offered [today], let us be afraid [to distrust it], lest any of you should think he has come too late and has come short of [reaching] it.
2 For indeed we have had the glad tidings [Gospel of God] proclaimed to us just as truly as they [the Israelites of old did when the good news of deliverance from bondage came to them]; but the message they heard did not benefit them, because it was not mixed with faith (with the leaning of the entire personality on God in absolute trust and confidence in His power, wisdom, and goodness) by those who heard it; neither were they united in faith with the ones [Joshua and Caleb] who heard (did believe).
3 For we who have believed (adhered to and trusted in and relied on God) do enter that rest, in accordance with His declaration that those [who did not believe] should not enter when He said, As I swore in My wrath, They shall not enter My rest; and this He said although [His] works had been completed and prepared [and waiting for all who would believe] from the foundation of the world.
4 For in a certain place He has said this about the seventh day: And God rested on the seventh day from all His works.

5 And [they forfeited their part in it, for] in this [passage] He said, They shall not enter My rest.

6 Seeing then that the promise remains over [from past times] for some to enter that rest, and that those who formerly were given the good news about it and the opportunity, failed to appropriate it and
did not enter because of disobedience,

admittedly awkward to 'be afraid' to distrust Yhwh's Promise; but as it is written all the more encouragement to press in to Him to "adhere to and trust in and rely on Yhwh" and believe Him and do as He says so that we are not among those who "did not enter because of disobedience".

That's a good point brother. I needed to hear this today. Almost as if I were supposed to it hear it today because of circumstances. I'm going to meditate on this one for sure. Bless you brother...

there are a lot of traps laid every day, even in the house of God, for believers. we need to learn to exhort, admonish, check, double-check, test, try, encourage, uplift, edify, and discipline ourselves and one another in Christ Jesus,
for just such a day as today.
SHALOM ! in YESHUA! (freedom from sin, and from the consequences of sin, to you and your household) amein.

Those stickers were simply advertizing the "No Fear" brand name, much like a sticker that says "Nike" or "Chevy". Nothing to do with theology.

Those stickers were simply advertizing the "No Fear" brand name, much like a sticker that says "Nike" or "Chevy". Nothing to do with theology.

I would hope so, I wonder how many that had those stickers knew that?

FEAR (Fabricated Experiences Appear Real)
We need to claim the promise to ask GOD to control of thoughts...

Ps 56:5 Every day they wrest my words: all their thoughts are against me for evil.

Isa 55:7 Let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts: and let him return unto the LORD, and he will have mercy upon him; and to our God, for he will abundantly pardon.

Shalom

FEAR (Fabricated Experiences Appear Real)
We need to claim the promise to ask GOD to control of thoughts...

Ps 56:5 Every day they wrest my words: all their thoughts are against me for evil.

Isa 55:7 Let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts: and let him return unto the LORD, and he will have mercy upon him; and to our God, for he will abundantly pardon.

Shalom
not all fear is fabricated. having faced war , I would say that my fear of death was quite real. loosing a job doesn't mean one doesn't have a reason to be fearful, rather we should overcome the fear by placing trust in god. this is akin to being brave.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back