Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Pagan Christianity? Frank Viola/George Barna

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Curious as to chapters 2,4 and 10.

Well let me see if I could sum it up rather simply.

Chapter 2 deals with the 'building' as a whole. It hits the song cord with me because they point out the obvious that most people think of the building as the church and not the people. They say that people 'hallow' the building rather than the individuals in whom God has poured out His Spirit. They also go to point out the fact that just about every faucet of the building is directed toward a passive participation in the corporate gathering, and that it puts attention and points direction to a very few 'parts' of the body, neglecting the other parts that make up the body of Christ.

Chapter 4 deals with the sermon. The 'focus' of most gatherings. They give the illustration that if you were to ask the average 'church goer' how the gathering went, they would probably relate it to the sermon in some way shape or form. The sermon also singles out one individual part of the body, and puts all the emphasis on that part. Instead of each part ministering to each other, one part ministers and the other parts just soak.

Chapter 10 deals with "Christian Education". Yet one more thing they claim points to the predominance of one individual and also to the 'knowledge of man' rather than the wisdom of God. People covet men of "knowledge" and without this schooling it is rather difficult to be taken seriously. This can be very subjective to the fellowship that a person goes to. I know of several fellowships that do not hold to any sort of demand of 'higher education' in order to lead. But it goes without saying that among the major denominations this is the rule.

I am sure that there is much more to be said, and my review does not give it justice. It is worth reading, and does not go against any doctrinal issues that I am aware of. If anything it simply causes a person to think about what they 'go to church' for and what 'church' really is. In all reality it is a very good book for putting the focus on Christ.

Yes, you should use the latest available CAP. No, you don't need to install all of them, just the latest. Yes, you can uninstall the old ones before installing the new ones.

Back