Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Part 1 of my new years resolution: de-cluttering the house!

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

Blake

When the new year rolled in I decided that I didn't have any resolutions. Well, a few days ago, I changed my mind -- this year I'm going to de-clutter my house, and start my photography hobby.

I wish I could have taken some "before" pictures to show you guys how much work I put into my office, which is the room I started in. A few months ago my wife and I bought a dinette set and got rid of our unsightly and bulky island, which we stored a ton of our unused dishes and junk in. Well, rather than sorting through the dishes and all the junk, I moved it into the office. Not long later, I put a huge piece of a sectional in there on top of it all, to make room for a recliner. That office became a complete mess. You couldn't even walk through it.

A truck bed full of garbage, some donations, and a bit of elbow grease later... we have a clean, minimalist office. Feels great to get rid of so much useless junk.

View attachment 8131 View attachment 8132 View attachment 8133

Tomorrow I start the kitchen. Next, the laundry room and bathroom. Finally, the master bedroom. I plan to have this place clutter free and clean by the end of January. And maybe I'll start using that treadmill again.

So far I'm doing pretty well at keeping my New Year's resolution. In the latter part o 2015 I resolved to not make any New Year's resolutions for 2016 and 11 days into the new year I have not made a single one yet. :)

Last edited:
My organisational skills are shocking. When I look for something the floor is a good start. You see my brain has been programmed from doing it to long, I went to look for the AC remote in my room and it took me about 10 mins, I double looked everywhere and then finally found it, in the AC case, on the wall, where it belongs.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back