Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Pastors with bodyguards

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

Classik

Pastors who have bodyguards or security persons. Is that a kind of extravagance? Maybe not just human guards - also devices for protection...:biggrinunno :shrug :confused

I have no problem with a pastor or anyone else packing a gun. I carry at times myself.

But bodyguards? Um, why? If a pastor is in command of such vast amounts of money that he feels threatened because of it, I'd say he's not what I would call a pastor; he's a business man in the business of promoting himself and (perhaps) religion. I am not comfortable with how God sees what he's doing - but am unsure.

Yeah as people like Copeland, Meier, Osteen, Hinn, etc. Need to have those. With the money they receive unfortunately!

You know, Edward, you DO make a lot of sense.

Billy Graham - one in a million and yea, I could see where he needed one.

I think it is a good idea. The bigger of a pastor you are, the more of a threat to satan and the government you are...there will always be someone wanting to take you down...not necessarily physically, but professionally. Physically would not be out of the question.

I can think of one who has had personal threats against his life and that's Jessie DuPlantis.
There are a lot of crazies out there. People who hate God and anyone who they think represents God.
Or they think they are obeying God. It's a mad, mad, world.

I guess it makes sense. Don't tempt the Lord or throw yourself on His mercy needlessly, you know? Wise as serpents, innocent as doves...

...even the Pope has the "Pope-mobile," right? Complete with bullet proof glass and all those Swiss Guards around him? Why should Protestants be any different?

Yeah as people like Copeland, Meier, Osteen, Hinn, etc. Need to have those. With the money they receive unfortunately!

I can't answer for the rest but Brother Copeland does not have body guards packing guns and is very approachable. I have personally worked with his staff, and is it unfortunate that you get any money? How do you eat? Food stamps?

We have millions of dollars that go through our church, one offering might be over 100K so we started having the Police department send a officer over that stays out front. My Pastor is known all over the World and is good friends with Copeland and He goes by himself to the store or out to eat.

Also met Kenneth Hagen Jr. (Wife did) at the Olive Garden and she talked to them a bit about his Dad's books we have. (NO BODY GUARDS)

Jerry Savelle and Jesse Duplantis do not have armed body guards. Jerry rides with the biker gangs.

I have met all these people and some might need to get some facts straight instead of just making stuff up.

I don't know about the rest, but I don't see why a Pastor would need body guards. The Ushers normally will remove someone causing issues but that is in any church.

Mike.

Keep in mind im completely new to this but if ur a huge follower of God and u preach to trust God... isnt having a body guard basically saying "I trust God for everything except to protect me"?

Basically, "my Gods big, but hes not that big..."

It's just hard for sum 1 like me to trust God when the guy telling me to trust god doesn't trust him. That's all I'm saying.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4

Keep in mind im completely new to this but if ur a huge follower of God and u preach to trust God... isnt having a body guard basically saying "I trust God for everything except to protect me"?

Basically, "my Gods big, but hes not that big..."

This is very good JumpingBean.
You can teach a lot of people on this forum that trusting in God is what Christianity is really all about.

Pastors who have bodyguards or security persons. Is that a kind of extravagance? Maybe not just human guards - also devices for protection...:biggrinunno :shrug :confused
My pastor has them' onetime we were in church and a demon driven woman ran up to the pulpit and tried to stab him. I saw it with my own eyes, so yes my pastor has them, and he has before that incident after' and my church is a very famous church' so he should have them.

I know a pastor who planted a very popular, growing church who had threats made to his life, and had have extra security. We live in a very embolden society these days, more so than in the past.

My pastor has them' onetime we were in church and a demon driven woman ran up to the pulpit and tried to stab him. I saw it with my own eyes, so yes my pastor has them, and he has before that incident after' and my church is a very famous church' so he should have them.

Whew good think body guards were there rather than God. That could have been bad! Lol

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4

Without reading through all the posts (my apologies), I think the dangers are very real to effective ministers of the gospel. I saw a video of a crazed fool leaping forward and punching a pastor right in the mouth.

Paul talks about ministering in our gifts according to the measure of faith we have to do that. If your faith has you standing outside a biker bar preaching the gospel all by yourself, go for it. If your faith will only allow you to place tracts while they're safely inside then good for you.

Paul often relied on the help of others to evade the authorities who were trying to capture him. But then we see him boldly going to Rome fully aware of the fate that awaits him there.

I have zero problem with a pastor putting a body guard between himself and others if that's what his measure of faith dictates for him.

Last edited by a moderator:
You can NOT admit you have learned something in this forum that changes your opinion about something.

ToS section 6.3.525 Thou shalt not have an open mind...

You risk being banned brother! (sic) :lol
You're definitely in the minority to have an open mind.

When I first read pizza's post I took note of this:

I am not comfortable with how God sees what he's doing - but am unsure.

The wisest words ever spoken in this forum. It shows his teachable, humble spirit. So it was no surprise to see him then acknowledge the truth of another's post. :thumbsup

I just realized what an irony it is that the prosperity gospel teachers who teach having bold, outrageous, and confident faith don't do that for themselves in regard to their own personal protection. Hmmmm.....

What kind of bodyguards were with CHRIST?

Don't we think the Angels of God whose responsibility is to also protect us may feel 'disarmed' when those guards are all around us? :biggrinunno :shrug :confused

or are spiritual things less effective than physical ones?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back