Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Bible Study Patterns To Receive A Revelation Of Jesus Christ 4

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

Soul man

In our verses of scripture, we see the third prerequisite for a revelation of Jesus Christ. The way God has dealt with you personally enters in here. Verse 13 says,
"For ye have heard of my conversation in time past in the Jews' religion, how that beyond measure I persecuted the church of God, and wasted it."
The term conversation in the Jews' religion referred to one who was very vocal about his doctrine.
Everywhere he went, he would tell people, "I want tell you what it means to be a good Jew. I want to tell you what the Jews think about this. I want to tell you what Moses and the Law says."
He was very fluent and vocal about the doctrines of Judaism.
So Paul says, "ye have heard of my conversation in time past in the Jews' religion."
We are rather like that in speaking of our past, and that is an important thing.
What about our past? Not everything that happened to us in the past is bad. A lot of it might have been wrong, but not bad.
No doctrine or anything that you have ever done was bad for you, if now you are earnestly seeking after Christ, because everything that has ever happened to you was necessary for God to bring you to where you are now, whether it was good or evil, adverse to or parallel to the word of God.
People often say ''I was in an old dead church, and I just wasted 20 years."
That is not so, every year and moment you spent in coming this far, if you have found Jesus, was necessary.
What is obvious is that it was not Gods time.
So all that has ever happened to you was necessary.
If it took a long time, thank God that you eventually came to knowledge you now have.
It takes longer for some to come to understanding. You may have been wrong in many things, but it was not bad if you came to know Jesus, because every step on the ladder was necessary to get to where you are now, even the bad things.
A young man may have robbed, stolen, or been a drunkard, and every bit of that may have been necessary to get him to where he is because that was part of his past which brought him to Christ.
So you see, you cannot discredit the past.
If you have heard and believed and are seeking after Him, thank God for the way He has brought you, it was all necessary.

In our verses of scripture, we see the third prerequisite for a revelation of Jesus Christ. The way God has dealt with you personally enters in here. Verse 13 says,
"For ye have heard of my conversation in time past in the Jews' religion, how that beyond measure I persecuted the church of God, and wasted it."
The term conversation in the Jews' religion referred to one who was very vocal about his doctrine.
Everywhere he went, he would tell people, "I want tell you what it means to be a good Jew. I want to tell you what the Jews think about this. I want to tell you what Moses and the Law says."
He was very fluent and vocal about the doctrines of Judaism.
So Paul says, "ye have heard of my conversation in time past in the Jews' religion."
We are rather like that in speaking of our past, and that is an important thing.
What about our past? Not everything that happened to us in the past is bad. A lot of it might have been wrong, but not bad.
No doctrine or anything that you have ever done was bad for you, if now you are earnestly seeking after Christ, because everything that has ever happened to you was necessary for God to bring you to where you are now, whether it was good or evil, adverse to or parallel to the word of God.
People often say ''I was in an old dead church, and I just wasted 20 years."
That is not so, every year and moment you spent in coming this far, if you have found Jesus, was necessary.
What is obvious is that it was not Gods time.
So all that has ever happened to you was necessary.
If it took a long time, thank God that you eventually came to knowledge you now have.
It takes longer for some to come to understanding. You may have been wrong in many things, but it was not bad if you came to know Jesus, because every step on the ladder was necessary to get to where you are now, even the bad things.
A young man may have robbed, stolen, or been a drunkard, and every bit of that may have been necessary to get him to where he is because that was part of his past which brought him to Christ.
So you see, you cannot discredit the past.
If you have heard and believed and are seeking after Him, thank God for the way He has brought you, it was all necessary.
Amen! If asked to give my testimony, almost without failure, someone will ask me if I could, would I chane my past. I was raised in a house filled with incest and much of what I experienced in Vietnam left me with nightmares but if I had not lived it, who would I be? I would not be the man I am so would I have ever sought after the LORD? And I always explain it just that way and tell them I am who I am because of my past, I wouldn't even change the feelings I experienced.

I believe that true healing comes to us when we can remember, or think about the past and Glory in it as Paul said he did. The pain in the memories are easing up, we go on to Glorify God in our affliction. I'm not saying it's easy but to God be the glory for bringing us through to Him.

Back