Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Paul's statement in Romans....

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
S

serapha

Hello et. al.

:smt039

Romans 1:9

For God is my witness, whom I serve with my spirit in the gospel of his Son, that without ceasing I make mention of you always in my prayers;

Paul was writing to the church in Rome at a time when he had yet to visit Rome, but there it is... in black and white.

"I make mention of you always in my prayers"

The apostle Paul prayed for people whom he had never met, for some that he had never heard their name, for some people that he would never see in his lifetime.... You in that passage is not the "church" but the "body" (the people) that Paul "always" mentioned in prayer.

But he prayed for them "always"... always holding the people in the Roman church in prayer and petition to God.

It appears from scriptures, that Paul kept prayer lists and that the people in the church in Rome were continually on his list. On your prayer list, do you have people that you have never met and whom you will probably never meet in this lifetime?

Or, is the list shorter, say your family, "we four and no more".

Paul loved the world through Christ. All of the world. And he prayed without ceasing, always making mention of people he didn't even know in his prayers.

On the internet, do you pray for your brothers and sisters in Christ? People that you don't know and will probably never meet in this lifetime. Do you pray for opportunity to witness? Do you pray for opportunities to present the good news of the Gospel of Jesus Christ?

~serapha~

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back