Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

PC Police Strike Again

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Full story on Charisma News

Isn't Kentucky in the Bible Belt? That's not the place I would expect something like this to happen.

The TOG​
im my town some of this has happened as well. a few years a go boxer who is a pizza shop owner used to have a sign that said god bless America on the door during the holidays , ie july 4th and any such like holiday. he was harassed for that. so he no longer hangs that sign.

Kentucky isn't fully in the Bible Belt.

Still, I wouldn't have expected this in Walton, Kentucky...a town of about 3600 people, in the northern part of the state.

For anyone to take offense at being offered the hope for a blessed day, well, there's just something wrong with that person.

Kentucky isn't fully in the Bible Belt.

Still, I wouldn't have expected this in Walton, Kentucky...a town of about 3600 people, in the northern part of the state.

For anyone to take offense at being offered the hope for a blessed day, well, there's just something wrong with that person.
I agree.Not the brightest crayon in the box.

I wonder if the 'complaints' came from people who don't particularly like this woman. In such a small town, there are going to be that little clique that ostracizes and causes problems for those they deem as 'unacceptable' for whatever reason.

I wonder if the 'complaints' came from people who don't particularly like this woman. In such a small town, there are going to be that little clique that ostracizes and causes problems for those they deem as 'unacceptable' for whatever reason.
I can see that.

I have a hard time believing that someone was fired for saying it, unless they had been previously warned not to.

Far too many people today get their noses out of joint over minor matters.

Yet, when Christians take offense at the major attacks on Christmas, Christians are ridiculed and are supposed to meekly stay quiet and take it on the chin.

Reactions: TOG
I have a hard time believing that someone was fired for saying it, unless they had been previously warned not to.

In the video in the article, her lawyer says that she was told to stop saying it and that she did in fact stop, but that she complained about it to the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, and that she was fired after she said it once after that.

The TOG​

When folks around me say "Jesus Christ " in a swearing way ... I smile and excitedly ask Is He here! Or "I didn't know He was playing "

so much for freedom of speech...
The bank has a right of control over the employees speech .....sure
The right of free speech in the USA is eroding. sadly yes
American Christians are cowards
In the 50s we sat back and waited for rapture and let the country go to hell

I can't help but think there's got to be more to this story (OP). While it is true that Christians will face persecution, I can't help but think the person that was fired might be trying to play the persecution card a bit.

Back