Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Pentacostolism - Interesting Article

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
This article just tells me that people are human. The Church has always been about forgiveness, but some delight in the travails of others. Why don't we pray for them instead of clobbering them?

May God bless, Golfjack

This article tells me that things are terribly wrong in the Church today.

golfjack said:
This article just tells me that people are human. The Church has always been about forgiveness, but some delight in the travails of others. Why don't we pray for them instead of clobbering them?

Holiness was the standard of the Apostles, and the saying that was quoted in the article, "'Your anointing can take you to a place where your character cannot sustain you.' " isn't biblical at all. Biblical is "The Lord will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation provide the way of escape so that you may endure." (1 Corinthians 10:13)
I have huge theological problems with the whole 'anointing' thing anyway. This false doctrine of 'anointing' has become a kind of spiritual 'get out of jail free card' in which the 'annointed' can basically do or say any thing, and isn't supposed to be challenged because of the twisting of Psalm 105:15 . The Apostles were annointed, but we don't see the Apostles acting in the shameful, downright sinful ways that these high-profile, money-grabbing TV charlatans do.

Jesus said to beware of false prophets that come in sheep's clothing but inside are raveousnes wolves. He told us that we would know them by their fruit and that a good tree cannot produce bad fruit and a bad tree cannot produce good fruit. He also told us that they would prophesy in His name, cast out demons in His name and perform miracles in His name, yet in the end He would tell them, "I never knew you, depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness." (Matthew 7:15-23)

The 'fruit' of these mega-bucks TV stars is entirely money in their pockets. Money they get by defrauding the foolish. Now, P.T. Barnum was pretty much on the money and if a fool and his money are soon parted, there will always be those willing to profit from the transaction. But, to do so by dragging the Name of my precious Lord in the mud gets my Irish up.

Paul didn't hesitiate to 'clobber' Peter, when Peter acted hypocritically and led the church in Jerusalem astray. The result was that Peter repented and the gospel message to the Gentiles was not polluted.

I will and I have prayed for folks like these. I prayed for Jim, Tammy, Orel and Jimmy. But, when a good clobbering is in order, I'm not going to hesitate on speaking out either. These guys need to be 'clobbered'. What they are doing is shameful, and it is making a mockery of Christ. The church should denouce them. If, when denouced, they repent, then they can be forgiven.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back