Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Pentecost&theNewJerusalem

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
H

Hitch

Based on the premise that the city in the quote below is a literal , stone&mortar construction;

And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.

2.The position of the city in R 21;10. It is generally agreed by interpreters of both views that the city seen in R 21;10 is suspended over the earth. On that basis it is argued that this could not be the millennial scene, for in the millennium the Lord returns to earth and his feet stand on the Mt of Olives(Z14;4). The lord it is argued will reign from earthly Jerusalem,not heavenly Jerusalem. Since this city is not on the earth it cannot be millennial fir it obviously is the center of the habitation of the Lamb.

In reply it may be argued that Christ will return to the earth at the second advent and He will reign on David's throne. the center of that authority is recognized to be earthly Jerusalem.That does not neccessitate the presence of Christ on that throne constantly. Christ may still reign on David's throne over David's kingdom ,but make the heavenly Jerusalem his place of residence ,with His Bride.

If it be objected by some that resurrected Israel has no part with the church but is destined to be on the earth and not in such an intimate relation to Christ and the church let us make several obvservations. (1)The first resurrection will include not only those in Christ (1Thes 4;16) but those that are Christ's (1Cor 15;23)(2) the desitny of the saved patriarchs and the just men made perfect(H 12;23) is said to be the New Jerusalem,which can only be entered by resurrection. (3)Old Testament saints are not to be subjected to the discipline of the King. (4)Ole Testament saints are to reign in the millennium(R20;3) even as the church. (R 3;21) and theymay reign from the heavenly city inasmuch as it is seen to be in relation to the earth and in the sphere of the earth, evn though not on the earth. . There would be no restriction on them to keep them from coming and going at will.
It would thus be concluded that during the millennium the heavenly city will be brought into a relation to the earth, although not settled on the earth. The resurrected saints of all ages in that city will be in their eternal state as possessed of their eternal blessings, even though such is not true of things on the earth itself.

The Lord promised to prepare a place for His own.At the rapture and resurrection of the church the saints of this age are after judgement and marriage, installed in that prepared place They are joined by the saints of the Old Testament at the time of their resurrection at the second advent.This dwelling place prepared for the bride, in which the Old testament saints find their place as servants (R22;3) is moved down into the air to remain over the land of Palestine during the millennium, during which time the saints exercise their right to reign. These saints are in their eternal state and the city enjoys its eternal glory. At the expiration of the millennial age during the renovation of the earth, the dwelling place is removed during the conflageration to find its place after the recreation as the connecting link between the new heavens and the new earth.

Quoted from 'Things To Come' Dwight Pentecost ,1958. Pgs 569,579,580

Distinguished Professor Emeritus of Bible Exposition, Adjunct Professor in Bible Exposition

B.A., Hampden-Sydney College, 1937; Th.M., Dallas Theological Seminary, 1941; Th.D., 1956.

Dr. Pentecost is recognized in every circle of evangelicalism for his 19 books, including Things to Come and The Words and Works of Jesus Christ. He pastored for 10 years before joining the Seminary faculty in 1955, and held a pastorate for 18 years during his faculty tenure. Today he remains in great demand as a conference speaker and Bible teacher who has ministered on six continents.
'

Im selling lots adjacent to the new ski resort just outside Orlando, pm if interested.

i like the part where it says the ot saints(jew btw) will serve the church.hmm if that doesnt have some anti-semitic ring to it then i dont what that stuff is.

yeah like a lot of christian have had the faith to do what the prophets did. ie raise the dead,. judge a nation and also stand in the gap for nations.

i like the part where it says the ot saints(jew btw) will serve the church.hmm if that doesnt have some anti-semitic ring to it then i dont what that stuff is.

yeah like a lot of christian have had the faith to do what the prophets did. ie raise the dead,. judge a nation and also stand in the gap for nations.
Its interesting that the Pentecostal , as in AOG, Hal Lindsey,, version engulphed the classic version of DTS. Folks really wanted to rule and reign with Jesus. These same folks desperately wanted to see signs of an event they just as desperately needed to be singless, the rapture.
I'll wager the average rapture watcher has no idea something this bizzarr has been taught at DTS for half a century.

Its interesting that the Pentecostal , as in AOG, Hal Lindsey,, version engulphed the classic version of DTS. Folks really wanted to rule and reign with Jesus. These same folks desperately wanted to see signs of an event they just as desperately needed to be singless, the rapture.
I'll wager the average rapture watcher has no idea something this bizzarr has been taught at DTS for half a century.
shoot on worthyforums the futurist are talking about this is the last generation. uhm while america may falter on christianity , God is in control and other nations will he use to do his will. hmm somehow god didnt rapture and comeback when the rcc went whacky and the protestants too.

Based on the premise that the city in the quote below is a literal , stone&mortar construction;

And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.

2.The position of the city in R 21;10. It is generally agreed by interpreters of both views that the city seen in R 21;10 is suspended over the earth. On that basis it is argued that this could not be the millennial scene, for in the millennium the Lord returns to earth and his feet stand on the Mt of Olives(Z14;4). The lord it is argued will reign from earthly Jerusalem,not heavenly Jerusalem. Since this city is not on the earth it cannot be millennial fir it obviously is the center of the habitation of the Lamb.

What you say can't be. Revelation book is not linear. It was put together by an understudy. John passed away without compiling it. Sinners cannot be outside the gates after the 1,000 years if they are eternally in the lake of fire after the final judement.

Also, to add, Babylon falling two times?

Last edited by a moderator:
(3)Old Testament saints are not to be subjected to the discipline of the King.

I want to know where he gets this. I'm not saying I agree or disagree, I just want to know what the basis is for this statement, because the implications could be something no pentecostal would want to accept.

Daniel served Nebuchadnezzar, while Christ washed Judas' feet. Judaism's service to the Church need only be seen as anti-semitic by those who despise servants. It is the pentecostal misinterpretation of service to the Church as a dishonor which is anti-semitic, not the service itself. I have no doubt that some self-called Christians fail to realize Christ our King is also the ultimate servant.

The Lord promised to prepare a place for His own.At the rapture and resurrection of the church the saints of this age are after judgement and marriage, installed in that prepared place They are joined by the saints of the Old Testament at the time of their resurrection at the second advent.This dwelling place prepared for the bride, in which the Old testament saints find their place as servants (R22;3) is moved down into the air to remain over the land of Palestine during the millennium, during which time the saints exercise their right to reign. These saints are in their eternal state and the city enjoys its eternal glory. At the expiration of the millennial age during the renovation of the earth, the dwelling place is removed during the conflageration to find its place after the recreation as the connecting link between the new heavens and the new earth.

that part. is what i mean. the YHWH of isreal was very much mericiful and moses wrote that noah found grace in the sight of god. how could moses and the hebrews know of that if they never felt that from God? that is why is say that. remember that there are hebrews in this raptured chruch. that is why i say that.

Last edited by a moderator:
I want to know where he gets this. I'm not saying I agree or disagree, I just want to know what the basis is for this statement, because the implications could be something no pentecostal would want to accept.

Dwight Pentecost is by no means a Pentecostal.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back