Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Pentecostal Christian

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

Bonairos

taken from dictionary.com

Pen·te·cos·tal<SUP></SUP>

[pen-ti-kaw-stuh
thinsp.png
l, -stl, -kos-tuh
thinsp.png
l, -tl-]
–adjective

1. of or pertaining to Pentecost.

2. noting or pertaining to any of various Christian groups, usually fundamentalist, that emphasize the activity of the holy spirit, stress holiness of living, and express their religious feelings uninhibitedly, as by speaking in tongues.

But by the grace of God I am what I am.

Be blessed, Stay blessed, and be Bold!

:) I heard 'bout people like you...

She: "Shall we fetch more driftwood for the fire, dear?"
He: Wait! Did you feel that? It's starting to rain.

The voice of a single drop is heard:
"I fall and as I fall I call... a lonely little drop yet my call is heard!"

:) I heard 'bout people like you...

She: "Shall we fetch more driftwood for the fire, dear?"
He: Wait! Did you feel that? It's starting to rain.

The voice of a single drop is heard:
"I fall and as I fall I call... a lonely little drop yet my call is heard!"

You "heard" about people like me? Consider yourself lucky. Imagine if you saw what we do at the church basement in the "locked" dark room in the corner! HAHA

Rain, Jesus, Reign!

You "heard" about people like me? Consider yourself lucky. Imagine if you saw what we do at the church basement in the "locked" dark room in the corner!

Hey now! You took the secret oath of secrecy, you can't divulge any of what we do in the dark basement corners to non-Pentecostals! That is, if we were to do anything in dark basement corners, and I'm not saying we do...

Hey now! You took the secret oath of secrecy, you can't divulge any of what we do in the dark basement corners to non-Pentecostals! That is, if we were to do anything in dark basement corners, and I'm not saying we do...

:couch

I went to a Pentecostal service once with a friend. It was the most fun I had ever had at a church service!!!:yes
Isn't it though? I'll admit, my pastor's sermons are a bit boring (mostly because he's real old and his interests and the interests of the majority of the church are not in alignment with the interests of the 18-30 crowd) but it's ok because the worship part more than makes up for it.

Yeah, but did you go to the basement!

Handy, Handy, Handy!

Has no one told you? The basement is by invitation only. One must first prove himself worthy by passing the "rolling on the floor" and "swinging from chandelier" obstacle course.

And only then could one hope for the invite!

HAHAHAHA!

And yes Pard, I did take the secret oath. So I guess I'll be disciplined. No lipstick for me and for a month I must now wear my hair in a bun!

BTW - Looking forward to seeing you at the next meeting and tasting your "special" punch brew!

HAHAHAHA

Has no one told you? The basement is by invitation only. One must first prove himself worthy by passing the "rolling on the floor" and "swinging from chandelier" obstacle course.
You forgot the seemingly crazy utterances at random intervals during a sermon!

And you should consider yourself lucky. My mother broke a rule and had to go without pants (ie, dresses only) for an entire year! Best part is that it's a true story!!! Man I love my grandparents :biggrin

:lol we roll on the floor during worship and laugh for no reason.

while accross town the baptists dont sing nor laugh. God is serious they say.:lol

:cryingJohn 15:26! 'He (The Holy Spirit!) SHALL TESTIFY OF ME' And if you think that this is what the 'TESTIMONY OF CHRIST' IS? Acts 4:12 Then this thread surely above all else needs DUMPING! (Rev. 3:16)

--Elijah

Handy, Handy, Handy!

And only then could one hope for the invite!

HAHAHAHA!

And yes Pard, I did take the secret oath. So I guess I'll be disciplined. No lipstick for me and for a month I must now wear my hair in a bun!

BTW - Looking forward to seeing you at the next meeting and tasting your "special" punch brew!

HAHAHAHA

All the lols aside have you guys ever seen the rolling on the floor?

You know in 30 years of having the privilege of being in numerous churches (for the most part non-denomonation, charismatic, pentecostal) I can't say I personally have. That's not to say I haven't viewed videos on youtube, etc. showing same.

Perhaps God chooses another way to entertain me.

Last edited by a moderator:
:cryingJohn 15:26! 'He (The Holy Spirit!) SHALL TESTIFY OF ME' And if you think that this is what the 'TESTIMONY OF CHRIST' IS? Acts 4:12 Then this thread surely above all else needs DUMPING! (Rev. 3:16)

--Elijah

What are you talking about?

Be blessed, Stay blesse, and be Bold!

What happened to just plain Christian or disciple of Christ??!:)

You know, without the qualifiers like...

Baptist Christian, Catholic Christian etc....?

What happened to just plain Christian or disciple of Christ??!:)

You know, without the qualifiers like...

Baptist Christian, Catholic Christian etc....?

HAHA! And for the most part that's how it is. But when you want to throw a wrench in things, one declares (with privilege I might add! HAHA) his persuasions!

It's all in how it's done. HAHAHA

HAHA! And for the most part that's how it is. But when you want to throw a wrench in things, one declares (with privilege I might add! HAHA) his persuasions!

It's all in how it's done. HAHAHA

OK, I'm a Christian HAHA!;)

Yes. Not at my church (but I figure the majority of the people at my church probably couldn't get up again once they began rolling around on the floor!), but at another pentecostal one I have. I wish I could tell you the subject matter of the sermon in which the rolling began, however I can't because it was in some other language (an African language). The pastor invited me to go.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back