Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Pentecostal Churches

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
what is your opinion on Pentecostal Churches practices?
They hold to what's called the 'Normative Principle' which means that if it (anything in worship) is not forbidden by God then it's all OK.

But God Himself commands His people to follow His prescriptions on how to worship Him. This is called the 'Regulative Principle.'

Look it up.

Btw, disregard the utter nonsense you will occasionally read (and hear) from people who are highly misinformed. Satan does a wonderful job of using others to slander those who actually walk in the Spirit as opposed to claiming to when in fact they speak on behalf of demonic spirits instead. It's something to simply be expected when you enter the real conflict.

God bless,
- H

Address the OP only. If you wish to address another member, please do so in an appropriate forum or via PM, as per the rules and guidelines of this forum:

4. Members who are not the Original Poster must not address other members in the thread.
5. If there is a difference of opinion or belief among the members in a thread, each member has the responsibility to present their views to the Original Poster so that the Original Poster may consider the differences and ask for clarification as needed.

https://christianforums.net/threads/forum-rules-and-guidelines.87393/

I have only visited two Pentecostal churches, but was put off by the mass outbreak of speaking in tongues.
Nobody asked beforehand if unbelievers were in the building, which would have been done by the real church.
It is written..."If therefore the whole church be come together into one place, and all speak with tongues, and there come in those that are unlearned, or unbelievers, will they not say that ye are mad?" (1 Cor 14:23)
At the first church, I asked outside after the service if they still committed sin.
Their "Yes" answer showed me that they were unrepentant.

At the second church, the lady that invited me had to go to work after the service, so she abandoned a 4-5 year old boy into my hands until his guardian showed up !
I was freaked out !

Pray to God for His guidance to the right church.
He listens to, and helps, the repentant.

Last edited:
Hi brothers and sisters, I live with n Melbourne, Australia and there is a Pentecostal church called NEUMA ( apparently NEUMA means the Spirit of God), you can look into their website.

They speak in tounges, they have a woman preacher and male preachers and they believe miracles are normal.
I’ve never been baptised in my life and I plan for now to get baptised by them.

Thanks

By female "preacher," do you mean a female pastor (aka - Elder/bishop/overseer)? If so, the church is in plain violation of the explicit directives of God's word concerning the role of Pastor/Elder/Overseer in the Church. I would, on this basis alone, depart the church.

1 Timothy 3:1-2 (NASB)
1 It is a trustworthy statement: if any man aspires to the office of overseer, it is a fine work he desires to do.
2 An overseer, then, must be above reproach, the husband of one wife...

Titus 1:5-6 (NASB)
5 For this reason I left you in Crete, that you would set in order what remains and appoint elders in every city as I directed you,
6 namely, if any man is above reproach, the husband of one wife...

1 Timothy 2:11-14 (NASB)
11 A woman must quietly receive instruction with entire submissiveness.
12 But I do not allow a woman to teach or exercise authority over a man, but to remain quiet.
13 For it was Adam who was first created, and then Eve.
14 And it was not Adam who was deceived, but the woman being deceived, fell into transgression.

God can - and does - act supernaturally today, but not to excite His children, to stimulate the sensual side of their nature with dramatic "experiences," to give them signs in support of their faith, but, as He did in Acts, to further His Church in the world. Sign-seeking, like tongues, and miraculous healing, and religious hysteria (aka - "slain in the Spirit") is by-and-large, as Jesus said, the activity of the wicked and faithless, especially in regions of the world already well-saturated by Christianity.

Matthew 16:4 (NASB)
4 "An evil and adulterous generation seeks after a sign; and a sign will not be given it, except the sign of Jonah."...

2 Corinthians 5:7 (NASB)
7 for we walk by faith, not by sight—

Why do you wish to be baptized?

By female "preacher," do you mean a female pastor (aka - Elder/bishop/overseer)? If so, the church is in plain violation of the explicit directives of God's word concerning the role of Pastor/Elder/Overseer in the Church. I would, on this basis alone, depart the church.

1 Timothy 3:1-2 (NASB)
1 It is a trustworthy statement: if any man aspires to the office of overseer, it is a fine work he desires to do.
2 An overseer, then, must be above reproach, the husband of one wife...

Titus 1:5-6 (NASB)
5 For this reason I left you in Crete, that you would set in order what remains and appoint elders in every city as I directed you,
6 namely, if any man is above reproach, the husband of one wife...

1 Timothy 2:11-14 (NASB)
11 A woman must quietly receive instruction with entire submissiveness.
12 But I do not allow a woman to teach or exercise authority over a man, but to remain quiet.
13 For it was Adam who was first created, and then Eve.
14 And it was not Adam who was deceived, but the woman being deceived, fell into transgression.

God can - and does - act supernaturally today, but not to excite His children, to stimulate the sensual side of their nature with dramatic "experiences," to give them signs in support of their faith, but, as He did in Acts, to further His Church in the world. Sign-seeking, like tongues, and miraculous healing, and religious hysteria (aka - "slain in the Spirit") is by-and-large, as Jesus said, the activity of the wicked and faithless, especially in regions of the world already well-saturated by Christianity.

Matthew 16:4 (NASB)
4 "An evil and adulterous generation seeks after a sign; and a sign will not be given it, except the sign of Jonah."...

2 Corinthians 5:7 (NASB)
7 for we walk by faith, not by sight—

Why do you wish to be baptized?
As Jesus said, you are not far from the kingdom of God.

The natural order is:

But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God. 1 Cor. 11:3.

God ---> Christ ---> man ---> woman.

And the woman does not need be married. The men in the Body of Christ are to keep eye on and take care of the women in the Body of Christ [and keep yourself from inappropriate behavior.]

The spiritual order is:

There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus. Gal. 3:28.

The mention of "Christ" before Jesus signifies "spiritual" [things] since the word "Christ" is transliterated from the Hebrew "Messias." So, in spiritual matters the spiritual order is:

God ---> Christ ---> everyone else in the body of Christ.

So, in spiritual matters there is neither male nor female and this means a woman can be called of God and hold to a spiritual office such as apostle, prophet, evangelist, pastor, and teacher. However, a woman cannot be an 'elder' for she cannot be the 'husband of one wife.'

Pentecostal and Charismatic congregations vary greatly in doctrines and practices. I grew up in pentecostalism and have seen tons of stuff, both good and bad.

I would be more than happy to answer to any specific questions.

Hi brothers and sisters, I live with n Melbourne, Australia and there is a Pentecostal church called NEUMA ( apparently NEUMA means the Spirit of God), you can look into their website
In the Greek NT pneuma means breath or spirit, roughly the same as ruach in the Hebrew OT. Not sure why they would drop the "P" in pneuma.
They speak in tounges,
That is pretty much universal in Pentecostalism.
they have a woman preacher
Some pentecostals do, others do not. Depends on the denomination or congregation. Interestingly, the first denomination to ordain a woman preacher was the Wesleyan Methodists, back in the 1850s in London. They turned out to be very ANTI-pentecostal.
they believe miracles are normal.
Yes. All pentecostal and charismatic congregations believe that to some extent. Even non-pentecostal groups can believe in miracles as well.
I’ve never been baptised in my life and I plan for now to get baptised by them.
Being water baptized is good. It is expected in scripture. IF you want the story of why it is important, I suggest you look up one Derek Prince (of blessed memory) and either read his Foundation Series (section on water baptism) or watch his youtube teaching on it. BTW - he was the best Pentecostal bible teacher I ever came across.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back