Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Perfect christmas gift for geeks.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

Claudya

Stumbled upon this on the internet:
The Useless Box.
It's perfectly useless, because all it does when you switch it on is to switch itself off.

It's so mega cute.
Question: is it still useless if it makes me laugh?

There's a link in the info of the video where you can buy it. It's 40 $ for the electronics assembly kit, so this actually a rather awesome gift for people that are into that sort of technology and have the right sense of humour.

Stumbled upon this on the internet:
The Useless Box.
It's perfectly useless, because all it does when you switch it on is to switch itself off.

It's so mega cute.
Question: is it still useless if it makes me laugh?

There's a link in the info of the video where you can buy it. It's 40 $ for the electronics assembly kit, so this actually a rather awesome gift for people that are into that sort of technology and have the right sense of humour.
Claudya, stop it.
Claudya, help me.
I can't stop laughing.

P.S. where can I buy one?

I like the ThinkGeek store. I got two slide rules from them but if you did not get them, it's too late as they don't carry them anymore. Those things may become as valuable as gold one day, and I think I have up to 4 in this house, two from my HS days. Even at my age, calculators were starting to make their debut when I was in HS but the one chemistry professor insisted we learn slide rules. Glad he did, and I took a liking to them.

I like the ThinkGeek store. I got two slide rules from them but if you did not get them, it's too late as they don't carry them anymore. Those things may become as valuable as gold one day, and I think I have up to 4 in this house, two from my HS days. Even at my age, calculators were starting to make their debut when I was in HS but the one chemistry professor insisted we learn slide rules. Glad he did, and I took a liking to them.

Me too. But I used mine through college. I have a few dozen of them; they can be had for very little money, except for the very newest, which were made in very low quantities, as calculators came on line.

I still get a sense of satisfaction at using one to find the nth power of a decimal.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back