Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Persecution

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

Gloria

I am part of Harvest/GMO Ministries as a volunteer and still in training. I answer letters from new Christians, recommiting Christians, and those who have not yet decided if they want to follow Christ. It is my joy, but in the last 2 days I've had to reply to 2 new souls who live in countries that heavily persecute the Christian faith.

The first was yesterday. I tried to reassign the letter to my team leader, but he wasn't having it. He promptly reassigned it back to me and told me that I was God's instrument - let the Spirit lead. Yikes! I carefully answered, using a variation of my last name to hide my gender. I prayed a lot during the writing, let me tell you! Apparently God thought it was a good idea to send me another this morning...sigh. He does grow us, doesn't he?

We in America have no idea what these Christians endure on a daily basis. Just the fear alone would destroy most of us. The danger not only to themselves, but their families. I can not fathom the faith it must take for them, the courage to follow Christ despite their fear. I am in awe and greatly humbled by each and every one of these dear brothers/sisters.

Sadly, I am seeing a growing trend in our own country that shows the persecution here is spreading by leaps and bounds. Just look at what the mayor of Houston tried to do several months ago, requiring pastors to submit their sermons for approval. Prayer and bibles banned from schools. A president who says he's converted to Christianity, but continues to support Islam and pull support from Israel. TV and movies that celebrate gay relationships, divorce, and sex outside of marriage. While we Christians sit passively back and allow it. We don't turn off the TV and we continue to watch hit movies. Our culture worships self and youth. The "family" for all intents and purposes has been destroyed and we are seeing the fallout everyday.

Only we Christians can turn the tide. Only we can take a stand. Turn off the TV. Stop watching their movies. Refuse to participate in their celebrations of the things that God has commanded we not do. And LOVE. Do it all with the hope of winning a few to Christ. Not condemning, but lovingly pointing the way to salvation. It is our only hope.

Persecution builds His Church..... It is hard to read the OT with out making the comparison of how Israel turned away from God ... God put them through hell tell they hit their knees... The USA is no different...

2Ch_7:14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Welcome to CFnet Gloria

Dear Sister Gloria, it is a pleasure to welcome you to our Christian fellowship in Jesus' name. May you find these forums to be a blessings to you.
:wave2

Thanks for coming Gloria, and what she's saying is true, judgment is coming to America God has been sending warnings to us to be ready when things take a drastic turn. Persecution is all around us but we've become so wrapped up in the things of this world our hearts are becoming callous to it. i lost two brothers just south of the border, their crime? preaching salvation through Christ and Christ alone, don't believe it, go into Mexico and do what they did...

tob

Where is it that they are persecuted for being Christians?

I am part of Harvest/GMO Ministries as a volunteer and still in training. I answer letters from new Christians, recommiting Christians, and those who have not yet decided if they want to follow Christ. It is my joy, but in the last 2 days I've had to reply to 2 new souls who live in countries that heavily persecute the Christian faith.

The first was yesterday. I tried to reassign the letter to my team leader, but he wasn't having it. He promptly reassigned it back to me and told me that I was God's instrument - let the Spirit lead. Yikes! I carefully answered, using a variation of my last name to hide my gender. I prayed a lot during the writing, let me tell you! Apparently God thought it was a good idea to send me another this morning...sigh. He does grow us, doesn't he?

We in America have no idea what these Christians endure on a daily basis. Just the fear alone would destroy most of us. The danger not only to themselves, but their families. I can not fathom the faith it must take for them, the courage to follow Christ despite their fear. I am in awe and greatly humbled by each and every one of these dear brothers/sisters.

Sadly, I am seeing a growing trend in our own country that shows the persecution here is spreading by leaps and bounds. Just look at what the mayor of Houston tried to do several months ago, requiring pastors to submit their sermons for approval. Prayer and bibles banned from schools. A president who says he's converted to Christianity, but continues to support Islam and pull support from Israel. TV and movies that celebrate gay relationships, divorce, and sex outside of marriage. While we Christians sit passively back and allow it. We don't turn off the TV and we continue to watch hit movies. Our culture worships self and youth. The "family" for all intents and purposes has been destroyed and we are seeing the fallout everyday.

Only we Christians can turn the tide. Only we can take a stand. Turn off the TV. Stop watching their movies. Refuse to participate in their celebrations of the things that God has commanded we not do. And LOVE. Do it all with the hope of winning a few to Christ. Not condemning, but lovingly pointing the way to salvation. It is our only hope.

Hello Gloria and how are you all? I took the time to read your message, you said:

Yes! Gloria, your statement above is enough to lead someone on their way to Christ, also that
I can remember when Jesus said, all souls belong to me, http://biblehub.com/parallel/ezekiel/18-4.htm but at first I thought that I can help someone by telling them about their salvation in Jesus Christ is our only concern in following his steps would count for our salvation:
For even hereunto were ye called: because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that ye should follow his steps: I Peter 2:21

Then, about for 17years I thought of once saved always saved, but I was wrong about his commandments in not loving him properly, so that I can be counted as a new christain/creature https://www.google.com/search?client=aff-maxthon-maxthon4&channel=t26&q=A new creature&gws_rd=ssl, with my walking in faith until the end of time or to be raptured up with Jesus Christ. I Thes. 4:1-16. And welcome to CFnet, but please have joy with you staying.

Last edited:
I agree with you Gloria. You said, "We in America have no idea what these Christians endure on a daily basis." I have read the stores and even some of my family are Christians in Nazareth, Israel. The tension abounds over there against the Christians, from both sides. You never hear it on the news. They tattooed a cross on the inside of their wrist so when they meet someone, or buy something, they can slightly push out their arm, so the tattoo would show, so they can get a discount, or open up and be honest. The fear that they walk in everyday is horrible. They have children and fear for their lives and ridicule. I did some work in Gaza, and was surprised at how many Christians lived there (5 years ago) many have tried to leave, as many have left from Bethlehem. A friend in Gaza was so scared that he asked me to meet him and take his newborn with me out of the checkpoint. He feared for his families lives. It made me cry. I could not get through the checkpoint with his child, for it needed papers.

There are so many other places, as we can read in the news. God put a burden on me a long time ago to pray for our brothers and sisters in those countries.
As for America, we are also persecuted in unseen ways...in so many companies and places of work, to be accepted and a part of the "culture" is to go drinking, accept gay marriages, work on Sundays, etc...there is a growing lack of respect for Christians and it is not easy to make it is "our" culture with all of this going on. If we want to pray with someone who is hurt, we can't. That is sad.

I have been looking for work in the Christian community for years because of this and cannot find anything. I find this aspect hard also. But I am glad that our lives are not at risk, as in many other countries.

Thanks for coming Gloria, and what she's saying is true, judgment is coming to America God has been sending warnings to us to be ready when things take a drastic turn. Persecution is all around us but we've become so wrapped up in the things of this world our hearts are becoming callous to it. i lost two brothers just south of the border, their crime? preaching salvation through Christ and Christ alone, don't believe it, go into Mexico and do what they did...

tob
True words tob.I agree.

I agree with you Gloria. You said, "We in America have no idea what these Christians endure on a daily basis." I have read the stores and even some of my family are Christians in Nazareth, Israel. The tension abounds over there against the Christians, from both sides. You never hear it on the news. They tattooed a cross on the inside of their wrist so when they meet someone, or buy something, they can slightly push out their arm, so the tattoo would show, so they can get a discount, or open up and be honest. The fear that they walk in everyday is horrible. They have children and fear for their lives and ridicule. I did some work in Gaza, and was surprised at how many Christians lived there (5 years ago) many have tried to leave, as many have left from Bethlehem. A friend in Gaza was so scared that he asked me to meet him and take his newborn with me out of the checkpoint. He feared for his families lives. It made me cry. I could not get through the checkpoint with his child, for it needed papers.

There are so many other places, as we can read in the news. God put a burden on me a long time ago to pray for our brothers and sisters in those countries.
As for America, we are also persecuted in unseen ways...in so many companies and places of work, to be accepted and a part of the "culture" is to go drinking, accept gay marriages, work on Sundays, etc...there is a growing lack of respect for Christians and it is not easy to make it is "our" culture with all of this going on. If we want to pray with someone who is hurt, we can't. That is sad.

I have been looking for work in the Christian community for years because of this and cannot find anything. I find this aspect hard also. But I am glad that our lives are not at risk, as in many other countries.
Dear Sister quiettime, thank you for the informative first-hand report of a continuing and possible escalating persecution of Christianity throughout the world. The world has always hated us, but recent news coverage has made it clear how severe it is that we're feared to bring forth the atrocities such as children being shot for not denouncing Christ.

Welcome to our Christian fellowship, I look forward to your posts, and may you be blessed among us in the blessed name of Jesus.
:wave2

Quite right, and even sadder still is that these people who endure these trials look up to American Christians as some giant of faith and leadership.

In my church there was an Indian pastor who visited us regularly, as he also had ties here in the USA. One of our members goes back to India on occasion with him and the people there think so highly of us and love how we support them materially and yet they endure persecution and have to go underground a lot of times. They seem to esteem us as some great apostolic-like Christians who know everything here in the USA and yet we are snivelling, often ignorant cowards. I feel sorry enough for their persecution, but sorrier for us that we are not tested at all, and sorry for their delusions about us. What a shame.

Not to offend anybody but we in the U.S. are currently being persecuted just as much as other countries.Maybe were not being hanged or beheaded YET but I don't have a home anymore because I was giving advise on quitting meth by getting into physical fitness and living by the word of the Bible.I mean they said if I ever go back they'll torture me and crucify me.They've gone so far as to follow me over a thousand miles to a new state trying to pay people with meth and cash to kill me. That sounds like persecution to me.

You know when I joined the Mormon church they used their persecution as a selling point. In fact any group that is persecuted these days use it to validate their truth claims. Heck I've been persecuted for just being a non christian, but I don't use it to validate my truth claims.

Sadly, I am seeing a growing trend in our own country that shows the persecution here is spreading by leaps and bounds. Just look at what the mayor of Houston tried to do several months ago, requiring pastors to submit their sermons for approval..

Hello. I am from Houston. I happened to be reading your post, and I simply must point out the truth.

Mayor Parker did not ever seek to make pastors submit anything for approval. Several area pastors were proven to have conspired to fake signatures on the petition to overturn the Houston Equal rights ordinance. Mayor Parker alleged that they used sermons to tell people to put fake names and sign more than one. She subpoenaed the sermons. That is what actually happened. Those pastors engage in deception.

Hello. I am from Houston. I happened to be reading your post, and I simply must point out the truth.

Mayor Parker did not ever seek to make pastors submit anything for approval. Several area pastors were proven to have conspired to fake signatures on the petition to overturn the Houston Equal rights ordinance. Mayor Parker alleged that they used sermons to tell people to put fake names and sign more than one. She subpoenaed the sermons. That is what actually happened. Those pastors engage in deception.
Hi Houstonian and thanks for your input. I have in fact not kept up with the results you speak of, but has the mayor made public the contents of those sermons. Thanks.

Hi Houstonian and thanks for your input. I have in fact not kept up with the results you speak of, but has the mayor made public the contents of those sermons. Thanks.

The pastors never made the sermons public. She backed down after it became a national tv hoopla with people making accusations that she was trying to make preachers submit sermons for approval or freedom of speech and that stuff.

Hey, good to hear from you. Today I was able to google some of the information available concerning these accusations made by the Houston mayor, and found important facts attached to the story. First it appears the mayor is openly gay, and may have an overt interest in censoring anti-LGBT sermons, and I truly do not know that to be factual. I suppose just as it is with many politicians, they make a big noise to impress their constituents, and then set back and enjoy the publicity.
In Christianity there is presently contention concerning the acceptance of the LGBT lifestyle within the church, and I see that this Houston Mayor Annise Parker is married to another woman Kathy Hubbard, and also lists United Methodism as her religion. There is going to be little acceptance within the body of Christ, and I can't help but believe some have preached about it, but it appears this mayor has in this case cast the first stone.

In any event I appreciate your input, and thanks again. :)

To get back to what you said. No our mayor did not try to get sermons censored. That just isn't true. The way "Christian" pastors acted in Houston during this election was terrible. Just hate filled bigotry. Calling on murdering LGBT people from multiple churches.

Now we have "christians" following women and children with guns and masks in Irving.

Today we have some being terrorists in planned parenthood.

Are Christian fundamentalists trying to emulate Muslims in being evil violent fanatics?

Back