Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Peter & John...the woman/the man child

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

whirlwind

We are given a "type" of the woman and the man child in two of the disciples, Peter and John. The woman is (Israel/the church) and the man child is the very elect that (Satan/the Dragon) wants.....

• Revelation 12:4-5 And his tail drew the third part of the stars of heaven, and did cast them to the earth: and the dragon stood before the woman which was ready to be delivered, for to devour her child as soon as it was born. And she brought forth a man child, who was to rule all nations with a rod of iron: and her child was caught up unto God, and to His throne.

Standing with Jesus when Judas betrayed the Saviour in the garden were the disciples...they all fled, [Mark 14:50]. Two followed Him.....those two disciples are symbolic of the woman and the man child that follow Him now. What they did is an example of what will again happen.

• John 18:15-16 And Simon Peter followed Jesus, and so did another disciple: that disciple was known unto the high priest, and went in with Jesus into the palace of the high priest. But Peter stood at the door without. Then went out that other disciple, which was known unto the high priest, and spake unto her that kept the door, and brought in Peter.

[list:13mdbq72]Revelation 12:17 And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.
[/list:u:13mdbq72]

The dragon is the "high priest" and he knows the disciple that "went in with Jesus." Both (Peter/the woman ) and (John/the man child ) followed Jesus but....only one, the man child who is the "remnant of her seed," went in to face the (dragon/high priest ) with Jesus. The (disciple/man child ) is known to the dragon as God instructed them to be marked in [Ezekiel 9:1-4]. As the man child was with Jesus...so is Jesus (with/in ) the man child of end times when they face the dragon as foretold in [Mark 13:9-11]. But....what of (Peter/the woman/the church)?

• John 18:27 Peter then denied again: and immediately the cock crew.

He loved the Savior but denied Him three times. "The spirit was willing but the flesh weak." [Matthew 26:41] His denial, I believe, caused him to lose his linen garment. He was then naked...without Christ as the woman/church will be when she denies Christ...when she follows the antichrist.

• John 21:2-4 There were together Simon Peter, and Thomas called Didymus, and Nathanael of Cana in Galilee, and the sons of Zebedee, and two other of his disciples. Simon Peter saith unto them, I go a fishing. They say unto him, We also go with thee. They went forth, and entered into a ship immediately; and that night they caught nothing. But when the morning was now come, Jesus stood on the shore: but the disciples knew not that it was Jesus.

John 21:7 Therefore that disciple whom Jesus loved saith unto Peter, It is the Lord. Now when Simon Peter heard that it was the Lord, he girt his fisher's coat unto him, (for he was naked,) and did cast himself into the sea.

Peter/the woman is naked...without Christ. He still works for the Lord as the woman does today but he can't truly hear or see the Lord. The other disciple, the one Jesus loved...the one Jesus dwells in, the man child, tells Peter/the woman of Christ. Then...they hear, put on their coat and are no longer naked, no longer without Him. Now when they fish for souls in this great sea....they catch.

As Peter denied Jesus three times, Jesus three times told Peter..."Feed My lambs, Feed My sheep, Feed My sheep." He then said....

• John 21:18-19 Verily, verily, I say unto thee, When thou wast young, thou girdest thyself, and walkedst whither thou wouldest: but when thou shalt be old, thou shalt stretch forth thy hands, and another shall gird thee, and carry thee whither thou wouldest not. This spake He, signifying by what death he should glorify God. And when he had spoken this, He saith unto him, Follow me.

John 21:20-23 Then Peter, turning about, seeth the disciple whom Jesus loved following; which also leaned on his breast at supper, and said, Lord, which is he that betrayeth thee? Peter seeing him saith to Jesus, Lord, and what shall this man do? Jesus saith unto him, If I will that he tarry till I come, what is that to thee? follow thou Me. Then went this saying abroad among the brethren, that that disciple should not die: yet Jesus said not unto him, He shall not die; but, If I will that he tarry till I come, what is that to thee?

The disciple whom Jesus loved, John, is a type for the man child. The man child teaches as the Holy Spirit teaches them and those that "hear" are no longer naked. They are clothed with Christ. They girded themself and walked where they wanted to walk until...the other, the man child clothed and carried them where they would not. The man child is born into this flesh life at the end of the age....they "tarry till" He comes again. They are the chosen few of the many called. The first (fruits) born at the last (of days).

• Isaiah 48:12 Hearken unto Me, O Jacob and Israel, My called; I am he; I am the first, I also am the last.

Matthew 20:16 So the last shall be first, and the first last: for many be called, but few chosen.

Revelation 22:13 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last.

He is the first and the last. He dwells in the chosen few firstfruits who serve Him at the last.

John 18:15-16 And Simon Peter followed Jesus, and so did another disciple: that disciple was known unto the high priest, and went in with Jesus into the palace of the high priest. But Peter stood at the door without. Then went out that other disciple, which was known unto the high priest, and spake unto her that kept the door, and brought in Peter.

• The dragon is the "high priest" and he knows the disciple that "went in with Jesus." Both (Peter/the woman ) and (John/the man child ) followed Jesus but....only one, the man child who is the "remnant of her seed," went in to face the (dragon/high priest ) with Jesus. The (disciple/man child ) is known to the dragon as God instructed them to be marked in [Ezekiel 9:1-4]. As the man child was with Jesus...so is Jesus (with/in ) the man child of end times when they face the dragon as foretold in [Mark 13:9-11]. But....what of (Peter/the woman/the church)?

John 18:27 Peter then denied again: and immediately the cock crew.

In the previous post I suggested that Peter is a type for the woman, the misled church. She loves Christ but stands naked...without Him. Earlier today I was involved in a study about Biblical fire and it revealed more about Peter.....

• Mark 14:54 And Peter followed him afar off, even into the palace of the high priest: and he sat with the servants, and warmed himself at the fire.

Luke 22:54-55 Then took they him, and led Him, and brought Him into the high priest's house. And Peter followed afar off. And when they had kindled a fire in the midst of the hall, and were set down together, Peter sat down among them.

This fire from the house of the "high priest" isn't of God. It is symbolic of Satan's lies and Peter is sitting among them absorbing heat from that fire of deception....as the misled church does today!

WW,

This is very strong symbolism, in its elementary simplicity. Those things that symbolize the sufferings of Christ and the glory which should follow cannot be validated through exegesis and historical context and even through the science of words, most agreeing to the elementary meaning of the words.

The natural spirit within us, even when the spirit of Jesus comes and questions us, is to think of the problem as being outside of us; even as Adam and Eve revealed by their response in the garden.

The woman of Revelation 12 does not appear again until Revelation 17, in the wilderness. This woman is our flesh, which lusts against the spirit. The desires for the good, natural life; the good of this world that is in our flesh, lusting against the workings of the spirit revealing the eternal purpose of the things of the life that God purposed in Jesus Christ. When the flesh would do good, evil is present with it; like Eve at the tree, the serpent was present with her. The flesh finds comfort in the promises of God through Moses; instead of the crucifixion and resurrection and intercession of Jesus, our Lord, and the promises of God through Jesus' mouth.

We were baptized into Moses through the cloud and the sea. The beast that the woman of Revelation 17 rides upon came out of the sea. Our flesh rides upon Moses and hopes to achieve the promises through Moses while naming the name of Jesus. The church, in knowing Christ after the flesh ( Moses ), is soon to be hated by the ten horns ( commandments ) and they will hate the whore and burn her with fire and eat her flesh. God will put it into the heart of the horns to fulfill his will in the discipline of his wayward betrothed spouse, who like the woman with the wide mouth in Proverbs 7, has fornicated with many lovers, thinking her husband has gone on a long journey and will not be back soon because he has taken his money bags with him. This is the same lesson in Isaiah 40.

Let us remember that John bowed down and worshiped the angel messenger twice, and was given a reproof for this. Even when faith and grace and the love of God in Jesus Christ come to us, there is lust and pride to be destroyed. We are God's workmanship in Christ Jesus, first to tear us down, then to lift us up. Simeon told Mary at the enrollment, that Jesus was a sign spoken against, for the falling down and the rising up of many in Israel.

Joe

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back