Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Pizza is now a vegetable, so says Congress

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

tim-from-pa

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/11/16/us/politics/congress-blocks-new-rules-on-school-lunches.html

I see congress considers pizza a vegetable. Actually, I'm not against that per se. I always look at the bigger picture, i.e. the first steps telling people what to eat. I really believe some of these liberals want everyone to be a vegetarian, e.g. PETA's plea to kids to not eat turkeys for thanksgiving comparing that to a eating your pet dog.

The body has 3 main sources of calories: proteins, carbs and fats. Proteins break down to amino acids. Carbs are simple or complex, also soluble and insoluble fiber. Lastly, fats can be monounsaturated, poly or saturated (also trans).

The trick is to know what food group give us what from each source of calories. We need ALL of them to some degree. The veggie-arians basically want you to eat fruits and vegetables. That's it. That mostly covers simple carbs, and fiber. So where's the proteins and fats?

So as soon as you demonize one thing erroneously (e.g. saturated fat is "bad" fat mantra) and overfill on something else in it's place, a nutritional imbalance and disease occurs. Then after they cram this junk science down our throats they wonder why every one is sick.

My opionion is that people gotten sick lately eating too much carbs in the form of sugar, refined flour and processed vegetable oils. Just look at ingredients even on a loaf of "whole grain" bread they push. It has too much corn sweeterner and soy and canola oils are big --- oils we should basically avoid in favor of olive oil.

My personal stance is eat anything protein, meat and eggs. I don't think we get enough.

Then eat fats in this order: monounsaturated (e.g. olive oil), saturated (meats eggs coconut oil, and polyunsaterated last--- the ones in nuts for example are OK, but man-processed oils is another thing.

Complex carbs and fibers also lots of raw vegetables, the carbs being lowest on the list, and simple carbs only in moderation at the bottom of the list (found in fruit).

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back