Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

"Pizza's Ongoing Life Thread"?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
It's a pleasure to say it, too. I'm trying a new church this weekend, too. Found a baptist church about 5 miles from home that looks like it might be 'home'.
Sure hope so....

Yes, all believers need a true, spiritual home where congenial fellowship may be enjoyed and where the faithfully taught Word of God may be fed from.

Blessings.

You are just full of good news.... Glad ya made it over here :) the guys are working i think a can of RAID might help... I am liking the new site more all the time

Last edited:
I try. I am SO BUSY with this Nuclear job - I was put in charge of, and am named "Project Manager" and single point of contact for the customer and their consulting engineers - i'ts my chance to show what I can do. I'm hoping that bigger, and better things are waiting after this.

My days are long and challenging, but I am enjoying (most) of it. They sent me to Seattle last week for school - horrible traffic and LONG plane ride - it was worth it, but it was a long, tiring week.

Pray that I find a real church "home", please. I really need an anchor.

Thanks, all!

Gotta say it, I dislike the new forum software. I was looking forward to the change, but I'm not impressed at all.

Maybe there is a "skin" I can install that will make it look and perform better...

Yea, I'm back. I guess my old account is not recoverable.

Life is much the same: Still with Kenwood, no girlfriend, still have the same fun car, sister's M.S. is contributing to her further deterioration (very sad - why God?)

They have me working on a project at a Nuclear Power Plant in Michigan. I've been on this project 5 1/2 months... it will go on for at least another YEAR. That is a totally different world: The Nuclear Industry. Never seen anything like it.

Smiles, all! :)

Thanks. Not sure how much I'll post, real busy these days. But had a few minutes today as I sit here waiting on a contractor at the office.

Thanks Deb!

Jason, see my comment at the bottom of the page. ;)
I thought so. I wanted to be sure the tampa bay paper is a liberal rag. inside vero isn't left nor right more centered. but left if me of course. mark is honest but has a centrist bias.

Tell us about it. Never worked in it myself but have always been curious. :)
The nuclear industry is like no other. Wait till my comment over there is approved (which it probably won't be, so here it is):

WOW, lots of misinformation and conjecture in those articles. The NRC is the toughest federal agency out there, accusations that they are being lazy or inattentive don’t add up in my mind.

Additionally, the engineers at Nuclear plants who are directly involved in the safety of the plant’s operation are tough to deal with. You cannot push them around and if they feel pressured to allow anything that they feel uncomfortable with, they only need complain to the NRC inspector on site and he has the authority to step in and bring the full force of the NRC to bear on the plant.

These articles read like typical “jouralist” tripe, and are full of the essential ingredients: scare tactics, misinformation, conjecture and innuendo.

Think about this: virtually every engineer employed at the plant lives and makes his families’ home in the vicinity of the plant. A dangerous plant threatens his family as much as it does anyone else. Most of us dont realize, until we work in the industry (as I have been since August of last year), the layers of inspections, approvals, reviews and regulation that go into a nuclear plant’s daily operation. It is an industry like no other.

It is impossible for me to make you all understand, but I've been working EVERY DAY since August of 2013 on this project. We are putting a new radio system in the plant. We have it built, it has been ready to go for 6 weeks, I am told they MIGHT let us put it in starting in June. Why the delay?

Because they have consultants (who they have paid $300,00 so far) working to make SURE my radio system won't interfere with the instruments in the plant, that it will survive an earthquake, that it won't easily break down, that it can't be cyber-attacked, that it will serve the purpose, that if something DOES break down, they won't loose the whole radio system, that we will provide individual training for all persons using it - custom-tailored to that person's job in the plant. Also, they are reviewing all of my training material, all of our system documents, all data sheets on all components and parts, they are rechecking my heat dissipation and power consumption numbers, they are verifying that no OTHER equipment will interfere with my system and they even are making us prove that all components do not radiate anything that could look on plant instruments like nuclear radiation.

And that is a partial list. NOTHING in a nuke plant is left to chance. And don't get me started on security - you have NO IDEA what security is unless you have been in a nuke plant or near the president of the USA. :nono

The nuclear industry is like no other. Wait till my comment over there is approved (which it probably won't be, so here it is):

WOW, lots of misinformation and conjecture in those articles. The NRC is the toughest federal agency out there, accusations that they are being lazy or inattentive don’t add up in my mind.

Additionally, the engineers at Nuclear plants who are directly involved in the safety of the plant’s operation are tough to deal with. You cannot push them around and if they feel pressured to allow anything that they feel uncomfortable with, they only need complain to the NRC inspector on site and he has the authority to step in and bring the full force of the NRC to bear on the plant.

These articles read like typical “jouralist” tripe, and are full of the essential ingredients: scare tactics, misinformation, conjecture and innuendo.

Think about this: virtually every engineer employed at the plant lives and makes his families’ home in the vicinity of the plant. A dangerous plant threatens his family as much as it does anyone else. Most of us dont realize, until we work in the industry (as I have been since August of last year), the layers of inspections, approvals, reviews and regulation that go into a nuclear plant’s daily operation. It is an industry like no other.

It is impossible for me to make you all understand, but I've been working EVERY DAY since August of 2013 on this project. We are putting a new radio system in the plant. We have it built, it has been ready to go for 6 weeks, I am told they MIGHT let us put it in starting in June. Why the delay?

Because they have consultants (who they have paid $300,00 so far) working to make SURE my radio system won't interfere with the instruments in the plant, that it will survive an earthquake, that it won't easily break down, that it can't be cyber-attacked, that it will serve the purpose, that if something DOES break down, they won't loose the whole radio system, that we will provide individual training for all persons using it - custom-tailored to that person's job in the plant. Also, they are reviewing all of my training material, all of our system documents, all data sheets on all components and parts, they are rechecking my heat dissipation and power consumption numbers, they are verifying that no OTHER equipment will interfere with my system and they even are making us prove that all components do not radiate anything that could look on plant instruments like nuclear radiation.

And that is a partial list. NOTHING in a nuke plant is left to chance. And don't get me started on security - you have NO IDEA what security is unless you have been in a nuke plant or near the president of the USA. :nono
I do. I know the guards at that one. they prefer mps. I could if I didn't wait to long work at the facility. they train you there and have a range. yes you have badges for each area that only are allowed in.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back