Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Please ehlp my stuffed up bubba :(

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

Amielou

Bubba girl is having trouble pooping :sad poor little mite, she's not so bad that we need to go to the doctor yet but i was hoping to help her before it gets that bad. she's 3 months, so not yet on solids so i can't give her pumpkin soup, apple puree or banana which are the normal things for this... she won't drink prune juice... she hates it, spits it our and screams :sad i got her to drink a little pear juice and that helped a bit so i'll keep doing that but does anyone have any other tips??

Amielou,

I would just nurse them more frequently, but if that didn't work I would put them in a warm bath and massage, starting at the top of the outersides of their upper thighs and with gentle pressure rubbing downward. I know it doesn't sound nice, but I would let them go right in the tub, and then just scoop it out with a disposable cup to be poured into the toliet, wash out the tub, and then put them in again to get cleaned up afterward. Of course, if she doesn't like baths then maybe just laying her down and doing the massage will help.

I have heard that diluted prune juice is good, if they will take it, and the pear and apple too, but I have never tired these. I heard that a little castor oil helps too, but again I have never tried this and I'm not sure it would be good for a child her age. I have also heard of mothers flushing them out, but never have...and probably wouldn't since I don't know how. I would say, if the juice, the bath, or the massage do not work, and If things go on too long, let the doctor do something for you.

The Lord bless you.

Amielou, our son was horribly constipated at that age, and he was only breastfed. We used glycerin suppositories to help him "go," until he could start eating cereal, which loosened up things for him. :clap I don't know if they are called the same thing in Aussieland, but if you're not sure, just google it. :)

Okay, the pear juice i was using worked, we had a huge bum - explosion (sorry, bit TMI) this afternoon and shes much better now :biggrin

Wow, that's great Amielou! Glad to hear it!

And you know, after I made my post, I thought my son wouldn't really appreciate me sharing this via the net now that he's 22! Your bub doesn't know it now, but one day, she'll want you to hit "delete." :lol

Back