Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Please help i need it so desperately 🙏🏻

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

kaystony

Hi everyone, I received from the Spirit a message that I thought I should confess a past sin to my husband. I prayed about it for long I didn't want to confess it I thought it would hurt him too much. But the prompting kept coming up. I finally did it and it hurt him so much. He said to me that he would've been happy to have gone through his whole life without knowing. I am so sad that I hurt him I feel terrible and need answers from God. Why did He lead me to do this it damaged my marriage

The first problem with questioning in Christianity, is the times we are in now, which are many false teachers rising to deceive many.

Even 2000 years ago, Gods word made it clear we did not need other people to advise us, because of course God by the Holy Spirit teaches us all things, brings to remembrance all things Christ spoke to the disciples, which are what saves a person from the deceit of satan, and makes us wise to salvation, which is in the name of Jesus Christ only, not in anyone elses name, that anyone uses. ( satan has a lot of names, his ministers have godly ones.)

The only advise is not the subtilty of the deceivers, but the simple, straight, wholesome words of Jesus Christ, which is believing in His love, which has no hatefulness ( sin) in it, so we stop hearing a sinful, ( unfaithful) message.

1 John 3:5 And ye know that he was manifested to take away our sins; and in him is no sin.

1 John 3:9 Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.
10 In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother.
11 For this is the message that ye heard from the beginning, that we should love one another.

The first problem with questioning in Christianity, is the times we are in now, which are many false teachers rising to deceive many.

Even 2000 years ago, Gods word made it clear we did not need other people to advise us, because of course God by the Holy Spirit teaches us all things, brings to remembrance all things Christ spoke to the disciples, which are what saves a person from the deceit of satan, and makes us wise to salvation, which is in the name of Jesus Christ only, not in anyone elses name, that anyone uses. ( satan has a lot of names, his ministers have godly ones.)

The only advise is not the subtilty of the deceivers, but the simple, straight, wholesome words of Jesus Christ, which is believing in His love, which has no hatefulness ( sin) in it, so we stop hearing a sinful, ( unfaithful) message.

1 John 3:5 And ye know that he was manifested to take away our sins; and in him is no sin.

1 John 3:9 Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.
10 In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother.
11 For this is the message that ye heard from the beginning, that we should love one another.
The promises made in jn.14-16were made to the Apostles alone,not you

Hi everyone, I received from the Spirit a message that I thought I should confess a past sin to my husband. I prayed about it for long I didn't want to confess it I thought it would hurt him too much. But the prompting kept coming up. I finally did it and it hurt him so much. He said to me that he would've been happy to have gone through his whole life without knowing. I am so sad that I hurt him I feel terrible and need answers from God. Why did He lead me to do this it damaged my marriage
Christians are admonished to tell the innocent mate if a marriage vow is broken. Most of the time it will turn out for the best, but it is up to the innocent mate to either forgive, or divorce. Hopefully they will choose to forgive, as God forgave those who violated their vows toward Him. Consider the Lord's prayer as well, forgiving persons are forgiven.

The promises made in jn.14-16were made to the Apostles alone,not you
The Spirit of truth is what the world cannot receive, all who are not of the world receive the Spirit of truth.

Judas Iscariot questioned Jesus about this. How would Christ manifest Himself unto the Apostles, and not to the world. ( to all)

Jesus answers, when a man ( any man) loves Christ, they keep His words, and the Father loves him, and the Father and the Son ( the Holy Ghost/.comforter.) make their abode in him. ( the Spirit of truth, shall be in you. John 14:17.)

John 14:17 Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

John 14:22 Judas saith unto him, not Iscariot, Lord, how is it that thou wilt manifest thyself unto us, and not unto the world?
23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

If people keep silent, cover their sins, keep in what they have done, it cannot prosper.

Confession was always the way of the Lord, as that is the way to forsake them too.

Proverbs 28:13 He that covereth his sins shall not prosper: but whoso confesseth and forsaketh them shall have mercy.

Continue onto the New test, and if a fault overtakes, those burdens are to be shared, when one was tempted, to reveal what was done, otherwise no restoration could be done, by those who are spiritual. ( not overtaken in a fault.)

Confessing sins one to another, to be healed. ( keeping the sin in, is not healing/no prospering, confessing and forsaking is.) The righteous man can then pray for them. ( those overtaken in a fault.)

Galatians 6:1 Brethren, if a man be overtaken in a fault, ye which are spiritual, restore such an one in the spirit of meekness; considering thyself, lest thou also be tempted.
2 Bear ye one another's burdens, and so fulfil the law of Christ.

James 5:15 And the prayer of faith shall save the sick, and the Lord shall raise him up; and if he have committed sins, they shall be forgiven him.
16 Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.

Christians are admonished to tell the innocent mate if a marriage vow is broken.
Where is that in scripture?
Most of the time it will turn out for the best, but it is up to the innocent mate to either forgive, or divorce. Hopefully they will choose to forgive, as God forgave those who violated their vows toward Him. Consider the Lord's prayer as well, forgiving persons are forgiven.
It’s a mistake to do something to
someone expecting that they’ll have to forgive. She has burdened her husband with knowledge he wished he didn’t have to bear. It would have been more loving to bear it all oneself.

Where is that in scripture?

It’s a mistake to do something to
someone expecting that they’ll have to forgive. She has burdened her husband with knowledge he wished he didn’t have to bear. It would have been more loving to bear it all oneself.
Those who do their evil in darkness, cant bring light to the one they are joined together as one flesh with.

Ephesians 5:11 And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove them.
12 For it is a shame even to speak of those things which are done of them in secret.
13 But all things that are reproved are made manifest by the light: for whatsoever doth make manifest is light.
14 Wherefore he saith, Awake thou that sleepest, and arise from the dead, and Christ shall give thee light.

How can anyone bear the burden of another, if they say, do not give me any burdens, that is advise against the law of Christ.

Galatians 6:1 Brethren, if a man be overtaken in a fault, ye which are spiritual, restore such an one in the spirit of meekness; considering thyself, lest thou also be tempted.
2 Bear ye one another's burdens, and so fulfil the law of Christ.

James 5:15 And the prayer of faith shall save the sick, and the Lord shall raise him up; and if he have committed sins, they shall be forgiven him.
16 Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.

These forums and especially the question answers, need to be completely redone, it has no righteousness in it, no sincerity in Christ.

How can honest questions be asked ( according to the forum name) in a place that gives no honest answers, or has nobody caring if honesty is answered.

Sometimes, in order to build something new what was once standing must be torn down.
Ask any engineer about this. One cannot build in the same place or location a new building on top of the old. The old structure must be torn down in order to erect a new building.
What you did may be the seeds of a new planting. Now, this is something your husband will have to take to prayer and allow God to heal and to strengthen...if he is born-again, that is.
If you feel terrible you have to examine those feelings. Are they for him, or for you for hurting him?
Are they still guilt for what you did in the past?
Now, through your confession the trust is broken. But the trust you had was built upon a lie. Now, you can build new trust.
Ones built on truth.
Go, and sin no more.

These forums and especially the question answers, need to be completely redone, it has no righteousness in it, no sincerity in Christ.

How can honest questions be asked ( according to the forum name) in a place that gives no honest answers, or has nobody caring if honesty is answered.
Please take your concern to TWTS so we can discuss this there. Thank you.

Yes we need help desperately, but not because we ask a question on a forum, and do not wait for an answer.

The reason we need help desperately, is because good words and fair speeches deceive the hearts of the simple. ( they are of satan, not serving our Lord Jesus Christ as they claim they are, who needs to be bruised under our feet shortly, because of seemingly sounding right in advice, yet denying the power of God.)

Romans 16:17 Now I beseech you, brethren, mark them which cause divisions and offences contrary to the doctrine which ye have learned; and avoid them.
18 For they that are such serve not our Lord Jesus Christ, but their own belly; and by good words and fair speeches deceive the hearts of the simple.
19 For your obedience is come abroad unto all men. I am glad therefore on your behalf: but yet I would have you wise unto that which is good, and simple concerning evil.
20 And the God of peace shall bruise Satan under your feet shortly. The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you. Amen.

2 Timothy 3:2 For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,
3 Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,
4 Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;
5 Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.

Yes we need help desperately, but not because we ask a question on a forum, and do not wait for an answer.

The reason we need help desperately, is because good words and fair speeches deceive the hearts of the simple. ( they are of satan, not serving our Lord Jesus Christ as they claim they are, who needs to be bruised under our feet shortly, because of seemingly sounding right in advice, yet denying the power of God.)

Romans 16:17 Now I beseech you, brethren, mark them which cause divisions and offences contrary to the doctrine which ye have learned; and avoid them.
18 For they that are such serve not our Lord Jesus Christ, but their own belly; and by good words and fair speeches deceive the hearts of the simple.
19 For your obedience is come abroad unto all men. I am glad therefore on your behalf: but yet I would have you wise unto that which is good, and simple concerning evil.
20 And the God of peace shall bruise Satan under your feet shortly. The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you. Amen.

2 Timothy 3:2 For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,
3 Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,
4 Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;
5 Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.
Jesus gave very good words and very fair speeches.

Jesus gave very good words and very fair speeches.
Jesus gave words that are Spirit and life, people give death or life in their words. ( in Christ is only life, and His Spirit and words show who tells the truth and who lies.)

Proverbs 18:21 Death and life are in the power of the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof.

We pass from death to life if we believe in the words of Christ, not of anybody else.

John 1:4 In him was life; and the life was the light of men.

John 5:24 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.

John 6:63 It is the Spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are Spirit, and they are life.

I cannot believe that God or the Holy Spirit would tell you to hurt another human being. Sin is sin and Jesus said to confess our sins to Him, then let it go. He will deal with it. If it stays on your mind, you probably have not confessed it to Him but you are holding on to it.

Ephesians 5:11 And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove them.
12 For it is a shame even to speak of those things which are done of them in secret.
13 But all things that are reproved are made manifest by the light: for whatsoever doth make manifest is light.

1 Timothy 5:24 Some men's sins are open beforehand, going before to judgment; and some men they follow after.
25 Likewise also the good works of some are manifest beforehand; and they that are otherwise cannot be hid.

If people keep silent, cover their sins, keep in what they have done, it cannot prosper.

Confession was always the way of the Lord, as that is the way to forsake them too.

Proverbs 28:13 He that covereth his sins shall not prosper: but whoso confesseth and forsaketh them shall have mercy.

Yes, confess....but to God, not anyone else. We don't need a priest, we don't need another human being, we need to confess only to God. Confessing to your husband has merely caused him pain that he may or may not get over. Also, all these other quotes about confession are out of context, a common mistake. If you want to look at scripture yourself, which I hope you will do, use a different translation than the King James Version (KJV).

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back