Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Prayer __] Please help me pray for my finances and for favor

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
I'm 20, and when I was 18, I had my first job while I went to school. But when I turned 19, we had to move. And since I didn't have a license at the time, I had to quit the job.

I was applying for work where we would move before we even packed. It's been over a year now, and I still can't find anything. I've had 4 interviews that I thought went well, and I followed up with phone calls. So I don't know what happened there.

It's not like I'm even being picky. At my age without years of experience I know I'm confined to fast food, stores, maybe receptionist work. I can't even get hired at McDonald's. They say they're overstaffed. I apply to as many places as I can and call to follow up, so I don't know what I'm doing wrong here.

On top of that, I'm trying to stay in school. I want to get a Bachelor's in Nursing. I'm currently trying to transfer to the school of nursing from the school of management. And I know that I can do it, but the cost just isn't being covered, it never really has been. I currently owe the school three grand on the 29th or they're going to turn my account over to University Collections. Great. I know I can't just pull that kind of money out of my rear end, so I don't know what to tell them.

But any prayers you can give me will greatly help. Please and thank you. :)

Mary, I have prayed for some things to break for you.

I assume you've applied for grants and student loans.

As far as a job, I'll give you advice I've given others, because I was laid off once and had company-paid transitional employment courses. These were top notch and expensive, but fortunately my company flipped the bill.

It's tougher because you're in a new area with less people you know, but this is a tact they highly advised. Ask anyone you know if you can call their manager and tell him/her you were told you could call. Ask if you could meet with them for 10 minutes just to ask their advice. If they can't take time during work, offer to buy them coffee before they start. You'd be surprised how many people will want to help you out. People generally do, sometimes because it makes them feel useful.

In today's economic environment, you really need an inside advantage. They may not be inclined to spend time and consider hiring when they walk up, but even after spending a little time getting to know you, they'll feel a little more motivation to help. Just don't come right out and say "Will you hire me?". Tell them what you're trying to do, and they'll understand why you're there.

I know it's stressful to be unemployed & in debt.

Have you tried any Employment Agencies in your area? When I was unemployed, I did some temp work. Also, look on craigslist. You may find odd jobs/temporary work posted there too.

My wife & I have had some of our medical bills go into collection (and we're both gainfully employed!) just give them whatever amount you can. But don't stress about paying your loan until you take care of necessities first (obviously).

Heavenly Father will provide.
You are in my prayers.

I'm praying for you. I've struggled financially all my life, more so in the past couple years. Now things are looking up. I'm quite amazed, looking back over the past year, that I made it. I know I made it with the help of the Lord. Hang in there and know I am praying for you.

It's not an easy or quick fix, but if you have anything lying around that you could sell on either Ebay or Craigslist, that may be something to look into. I've been selling online for 8 yrs now. It was easier years ago when it paid my entire rent every month, but now it's just something that I can do on the side to get me through those tough times. It won't be a great source of income but every little bit helps.

God bless you.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back