Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Please Help

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

TyGuy

About a month ago, I truly felt as though I had given myself to the Lord. I felt that I was on the right path in life, I had repented and asked for strength, and I was (and still am) ready to do whatever the Lord required of me. Ever since then though, very strange things have been happening. The day after I had made my "break through", I felt very empty all of a sudden. I had no desire to to anything, and even the simple act of reading a book proved to be too overwhelming to handle. The all of a sudden, I could hear what sounded like the most beautiful choir of voices I had ever heard, resonating in my head, and I felt what could almost be described as "spiritual menthol" (if that makes any sense). This all happened in less than ten seconds. After that day I find that I have been very sympathetic to others' pain and sorrow (to the point of tears, at times), and I have not been able to get enough of the Bible. It is as if I am "thirsty" to read it. Lately, even stranger things are happening; I keep feeling overwhelming waves of sorrow , and I feel as though there is a furnace of emotions roaring inside of me. Please tell me your thoughts on what is happening, and I would appreciate any advice you may have.

Sincerly, Tyler

Honestly, just about everything you described above happened to me in the very first few hours I was saved. :yes Yup.

That Saturday was the most confusing, yet most comforting time of my life. It ws like my body was taken over by an alien force. I hate to even describe it that way, but for lack of a better way to say it, that was what it felt like.

Before we are saved, we are just ego (self). When that Comforter (Holy Spirit) enters us, the Spirit wants to push that ego aside. It does just that and for many people, the feelings are almost indescribable. Not everyone I've talked to had a similar experience and I can't explain why. I wouldn't even try to explain.

Maybe your "sorrow" is really empathy, not uncommon, but not always evident in such a strong way as you described.

My advice: never forget this feeling and don't let the ego be the center of your being... ever!

The Lord is always close to us, even in times we don't always feel the presence. There will be times when that is so, but try not to ever doubt your salvation. The Lord say he will never forsake us.

Heb 13:5 Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.

Sorry Tyler, we did everything we could, but the "old man" didn't make it...

Sounds like a textbook case of regeneration to me, brother.

-HisSheep

Sorry Tyler,

Just some biblical humor… sorry if I confused you.

One reference I made was to say that it sounds like you have undergone a spiritual rebirth. The high-falootin’, theological term for it is “regenerationâ€; it means, “to be recreatedâ€. Happened to me too, about 4 years ago, just as you describe. I still wake up with hymns stuck in my head! You have been born into the Kingdom. You’re in for quite a ride. If you’ve not been baptized since this occurred, you should consider doing so.

My other reference was to a term coined by Paul in his letter to the Romans:

Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin. (Romans 6:5)

When we are “born-againâ€, the “old man†is said to have died… The “old man†represents the sinful man; the man who was a slave to sin. The new man, by contrast, is a slave to Christ.

Welcome to the family (of God), and welcome to the forum.

-HisSheep

Oh I see, that's actually quite funny now that you explained it haha. Thank you for your thoughts, and thank you for giving me a good laugh :)

Tyler

It sounds as though your new birth has unblocked some abilities to be compassionate perhaps? I, too, am a sensitive in areas, and while it is a gift, it can also wear you down and out.

Stay in the Word and learn. Know that the devil will do all he can to discourage you now, since he's lost your soul to God. Rebuke him and keep looking to Christ, in whom all else pales.

:yes

Thank you very much for the words of encouragement! I definately am drastically more compassionate and sensitive to others' pain as opposed to before. I wouldn't say that I had a heart of stone, but I just wasn't sympathetic to other people as far as genuine feeling for them went.

Tyler

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back