Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Prayer __] please keep on praying for verna and jason

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Verna, my older, wiser Pentecostal friend, continues to have issues. She had some imaging done of her kidneys and lab work, as well. She sees the nephrologist Tuesday.

Her son-in-law's wife's son, Jason, has lymphoma or something. It doesn't look good. He keeps on going to work, but whatever it is, its stage IV. I don't think he's a believer, nor is his mother. Verna's been praying for her son-in-law, Wade, and Wade's wife, Jane. Jane is older than Wade and Jason is her son from a previous marriage.

This is hard for me. I call Verna daily, and she's always upbeat enough to uplift me :) On the other hand, she's dealing with swelling, her voice is fading, she's been a widow for less than 1 year, so on and so forth. I'm really hoping this kidney thing--which seems to be stemming from a new fangled once-yearly infusion for the treatment+prevention of osteoporosis--will resolve. At the very least, I'm praying Verna will be spared dialysis.

Please pray :)

Verna got a good report on her kidneys. Turns out, she's malnourished. Her appetite has been bad since her husband passed away last year, and before that she took care of him for about 3 years while he suffered through treatments for cancer :-( . My best guess is that she stressed her body out and didn't get adequate nourishment, relaxation, rest, etc., and now she's (unfortunately) suffering. Also, that osteoporosis infusion did a number on her body. God seems to have answered my prayers--she will most likely be spared dialysis.

Jason is getting sicker and sicker. Stage IV of some sort of disease. There's not a whole lot of hope that he'll make a come back. Pray that he gets right with The Lord. His people sent him to Christian schools when he was younger, but they weren't and aren't believers themselves. I pray that he can repent and be saved before his life ends.

Sharon apparently had some sort of operation. I don't know the details. Verna told me that a doc insisted that have an operation, even though that one scan and test came back clear, except for some (treatable) diverticulitis. I don't know what's going on. She's recovering. Her soon-to-be former husband turned her family against her, except for her one son from a previous marriage. He's helping take care of her, thank goodness.

OK...that's about all the updates. Keep on praying, please. :)

Thanks for the good news on Sister Verna CE. We know the will of God is that none be lost, and sometimes those like Jason can be taken to the very edge to call out for help. There's many a testimony of fox hole conversions, and God lets no seed sown not have its desired effect. Let's continue praying in Jesus' name.

Back