Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Prayer __] Please pray for me: Lost Dog

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

Pigeon

I know something like this probably seems paltry to a lot of you, but my dog means a lot to me. Moved in with my grandparents, he got out of the backyard and so far he's been gone for 48 hours. I'm doing everything I can, searching, flyers, calling shelters. But I know what I need most is God helping me through this rough patch. And the possibility that I may never see my dog again.

So please pray for me. That I'll be able to handle the outcome, whatever that may be.

You, your dog, and your situation are in my prayers, Pigeon88. And no, I do not view your prayer request as 'paltry' at all.

You mentioned searching, flyers, calling shelters. Have you called your local radio stations? Sometimes, stations are willing to air a brief 'missing pet' alert. If there is a station in your area that has an open line show, where callers are encouraged to call in, please take advantage of the opportunity. It's worth a call to the stations.... the worst they can do is say 'no' to your request. Also, call the various vets in your area to see if your dog has been brought in to them; follow up by posting a flyer at their offices.

I'm praying here also. :pray No., this is not a paltry issue at all. I'm more of a cat person although I love all animals so I know how special they are and how we always worry about not only the safety & health of our furry friends but their happiness too. I pray that your dog returns healthy and happy, none the worse for wear for having been away.

Thanks you guys. I'm praying almost unconsciously. I'll be handing out more flyers tomorrow. And I'll definitely go to any near by vets. What I'm most concerned about is his health and well being. For all I know someone might have decided to keep him. Maybe they'll take him into the vet office.

I'm praying for you as well. Our love for our animals speaks volume of our good and Godly character. Something that hurts you as much as a pet getting lost is worth as much prayer as anything!

Hi Pigeon, and I too have joined in prayer for you and your dog. May God return it to you safe in Jesus' name.

I know something like this probably seems paltry to a lot of you, but my dog means a lot to me. Moved in with my grandparents, he got out of the backyard and so far he's been gone for 48 hours. I'm doing everything I can, searching, flyers, calling shelters. But I know what I need most is God helping me through this rough patch. And the possibility that I may never see my dog again.

So please pray for me. That I'll be able to handle the outcome, whatever that may be.
I'm sorry, I hope our lord can do something here.

Amen! Please, Pigeon88, never think a prayer request for a pet is a paltry affair, I know we all feel your pain at the separation which, we all hope and pray is only temporary.

Mike

Matthew 10:29 Are not two sparrows sold for a copper coin? And not one of them falls to the ground apart from your Father’s will.

Hi Pigeon88, I'm praying for you :pray

Don't be worried my friend, everything has a purpose. Maybe there's a blind man who's in need of a guide dog and God borrowed your dog to that man, until he gets his own guide dog. I don't know? Only Lord knows but don't be worried, everything has a purpose. :)

Hi Pigeon88, I'm praying for you :pray

Don't be worried my friend, everything has a purpose. Maybe there's a blind man who's in need of a guide dog and God borrowed your dog to that man, until he gets his own guide dog. I don't know? Only Lord knows but don't be worried, everything has a purpose. :)
Great words.There is a reason for everything that happens in this world.Sometimes we just do not understand.

Do your grandparents live close to where you moved from, is it the first visit for the dog, is it an older dog, could be the dog is curled up on somebodies back porch lost and confused, maybe ask the Lord to show him the way..

tob

Do your grandparents live close to where you moved from, is it the first visit for the dog, is it an older dog, could be the dog is curled up on somebodies back porch lost and confused, maybe ask the Lord to show him the way..

tob
Good idea :)

our dog is hurting something is wrong.... Dolly could use some prayers also.... she goes to the Vet tomorrow...

Back