Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Prayer __] Please pray for me...marriage is over

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

23Psalm

I need strength. I feel empty and lost. My marriage is over. We tried counseling, tried everything. Neither one of us loves each other anymore. We have three kids that we are concerned about. We live like roommates, complete strangers basically. No intimacy, no communication. It is driving me crazy. I know how she feels. I tried to ride this as long as I could, but I cannot no longer bare this. It has torn a hole in my mind, heart and soul.

The name is Cee, so please lift me up when you call on the Lord in prayer. Thank you.

Nothing is beyond the Lord's reach. I had a similar story and I prayed and prayed for this hardness to be lifted off as I wanted so badly to love her again. Over the course of 2 miraculous moments, the Lord lifted the hardness from my heart. I pray for the same healing to come upon both of your hearts.

Jeremiah 32:17

17 ‘Ah Lord God! Behold, You have made the heavens and the earth by Your great power and by Your outstretched arm! Nothing is too difficult for You,

You just want prayer? There is much that can still be done, but one of you have to get focused on the Word. I have been there and done that, even got handed divorce papers, but someone has to step up to the plate so to speak and do what the Lord says do.

Mike.

You're in my prayers, Cee, as are your spouse & your children.

Communication between the 2 of you will have to commence anew, and quickly. There are children involved, and if you and your spouse do not communicate, the kids are going to suffer worse that they already are. Plus they will learn rapidly how to dominate and control both you & your spouse.

My heart goes out to the 5 of you .... and my prayers are offered up for all of you.

Hello Cee. I have been there myself and my marriage looked not just over but nuked, several times over. For over two years it was a nightmare, but I kept calling on God, never giving up, praying when I could. God did restore us, even better than it had been and made us better people for it. The emotional turmoil over those years though was full-on and at times mind numbing, at times also it left me just a shell running on empty every day. Hang in there If you can and keep knocking on that door with prayer. Its not easy I know. My prayers and thoughts are with you. Draw your strength from the Lord, that was all that kept me going, and it did.

Dear Brother Cee, there just seems no way to express my sorrow for the trial of your faith you are experiencing, but I also know that God does have confidence in your ability to stand and withstand or the test would not have been given. Tests are not to see if you can do something, but as with Job in front of Satan in Job 1:8, God brags on him as a perfect and an upright man, one that feareth God, and escheweth evil? How did Job do? The thing we must learn is to accept what God gives us; Job could change nothing concerning the ills that befell him, but until those things came he defended himself against all opposition; I haven't done this, I did that, etc. His life was changed with the acceptance of God's will for his life.

I have sent you a private message containing a Marriage Seminar I thought was so good I transcribed it from CD's. If you have any strength at all left I hope you'll give it a bit of a read. The options of divorce are not irreversible but they can sure put a hitch in your get-a-long, and spiritually they can affect more than just you and your wife. I'm praying for you and your family brother in Jesus' name.

I need strength. I feel empty and lost. My marriage is over. We tried counseling, tried everything. Neither one of us loves each other anymore. We have three kids that we are concerned about. We live like roommates, complete strangers basically. No intimacy, no communication. It is driving me crazy. I know how she feels. I tried to ride this as long as I could, but I cannot no longer bare this. It has torn a hole in my mind, heart and soul.

The name is Cee, so please lift me up when you call on the Lord in prayer. Thank you.

Well, let me say that Scripturally you can start by loving your wife. (Whether or not 'feelings' might lead you in that direction.)

Hi
I am also in similar situation. Brother Cess - I pray for you. I know it is very difficult, as I am going thru this myself.
Sometimes cold, sometimes war, sometimes loving. Mainly ridiculed - be little
Last two nites were so beautiful. Then tonite I have to sleep outside - and worst - my daughters guy friend is also sleeping in the living room
I am embarrass. All these just for a simple thing that I did not include her in a coffee session with a church member that is going to London. And she say I do not care about her and treat her like ++++ etc.
Like that also want to get angry...

My marriage - I thought was over -but came around... however, it did some recovery - Gods' grace.
I was encouraged in this forum folks who prayed for me... and other folks...
there was a turnaround.. but there were turn backs also..

please pray for me too.
matthew

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back