Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Prayer __] Please pray for me?

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00

rohanthomas

Hello all.

The Lord has been merciful to me to bring me to a different country to pursue my graduate studies. As the semester comes to an end, things have gotten really difficult. The semester started on a completely rough note, I still don't know many people here and the education system is completely new to me. I've been studying hard, but I'm afraid that if I don't achieve a certain GPA, I will be suspended. Please pray for me so that I will be able to clear my finals and continue my studies here. I'm very worried about it (in the since that I would be very depressed thinking about the fact that I've let down my parents and their investment in my studies, and I really don't want that to happen).

You're in my prayers, RohanThomas. University studies are difficult enough without the additional stress under which you live currently.

Your 'signature' says it all so much better than I ever could: "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:6-7

Blessings!

I just said a prayer for you. Just trust in The Lord to give you the resources to study and guide you towards success. Good luck and blessings to you, and don't forget to update us! :)

Dear Father, I come to you asking that You help Rohan as he studies to achieve the GPA in the schooling You have allowed him to enter. Bless him as only You can in that which You have designed for His life, and I thank You for this in Jesus' name. Amen.

As an older person who has university behind him, I would make the following suggestion: try to focus on the passion for the subject matter you are studying - embrace learning for the very joy of it, and for the possibility to use it to advance God's kingdom. And try not to focus on grades. Does God command us to get good grades? Or to advance the kingdom?

Of course, I can empathize with your position - I remember the stress in University. I wish I had focused more on the joy of learning than on worrying about achievement. In any event, I have also prayed for you.

Drew, you're absolutely right. I know what you mean.
Thank you everyone for praying for me, I made it through, and now I have a scholarship as well! :biggrin God is good!
I would like to sincerely thank you all for sparing time to pray for me in my hour of need :) God bless you all!

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back