Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

PLS HELP !! my girlfriend is not a christian , and im scare.....

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Hi , my name is Carlsson Choong. I am 15 years old , a christian.

So , my girlfriend is not a Christian. Last week I ask her ''would u be a Christian ?'' and she said ''NO''. I was kinda sad because the bible said ''unbelievers go to hell'' and i started to cry. Because afterlife i scare that i would be in heaven and she be in hell.....and it is sad to see your love ones suffer in hell...

even if i did or did not marry her in the future....i would still be sad. Now everyday when i think bout that i would slowly started to cry....

someone help me ??

Awww, is this your first crush ? ! :biggrin :twolove :thud: :pepsi

You're only 15 and she's probably about the same age. I think you're too young to be in a relationship now, much less, talk about marriage .... :chin

You can start by praying for her salvation but take care not to get romantically involved with her even if she turns to Christ. She may or may not be the one God has in store for you for a future wife and you have a long adult life ahead of you before you make the right decision about who your wife is going to be. :biggrin

first of all , welcome to Cf.net CarlsSon Chong ( chinese name?)

yeah really Awwww... very young and cute , don't stop praying for her! I am telling you this out of my own experience. I was 15 and in highschool and there was this young boy named Japh he's only 13 my first boyfriend ( confession?) he's the christian and I was not at that time. He has this very deep respect on women the one thing I admired of him way back. But when I went to college we broke up , there I become a Christian in the university.

I didn’t knew that he prayed for me and for my salvation . Seven years after , we met again he is already engaged and we talked and I told him I love the Lord and I am already a born again Christian. And he smiled said, “ Praise God my prayer was not invain!â€

I'm very happy for him though we did not end up together , I owe him his prayers.
So I’m telling you, don’t stop praying for her. Stand up for your faith and you will still grow as a man.

Great advice so far. All I would add is that you should be considering marraige only as far as what God wants for your life and then treat any relationship you start as if God was confirming his plan to you. It worked in my life. I never dated a non-believer, although one was a weak chrisitan. and God always brought me out of a relationship where the other did not share this approach.

Yeah....I'm chinese. She believe in buddhism and she is my 1st crush. But hey , thanks alot for giving me advice......i mean seriously , thank you.....

I wouldnt worry about it to much right now as said your only 15 =O, as much as you want it to last for ever there is always that little thing telling you that your odds are slim, but not always. To help im basically on the opposite side of the problem not being christian with a GF who is and for me at this age im just going with respect each others choice in belief and live in the moment for now. Keep thinking about what you could do but dont force anything on anyone, iev seen alot of people end their relationships that way.

and for me at this age im just going with respect each others choice in belief and live in the moment for now. Keep thinking about what you could do but dont force anything on anyone, iev seen alot of people end their relationships that way.

I can address both of your threads in response to this statement: living in the moment now. For a non-believer, the "now" is all they have. When a person is brought to faith, they too experience the "now" by having Christ within them. But, more importantly, they live for the day that they will inherit a place in His Kingdom. A Christian knows his/her time here is fleeting and what awaits is greater than anything anyone can imagine. They will find difficulties throughout life in a relationship with someone who does not live life in a grateful response to Him.

What will the non-believer do if they marry a believer who is Led to give back to the Lord a percentage of what He has given them? These kinds of things might sound agreeable to the non-believer when they are dating and infatuated with each other. When that infatuation settles down, and it will, and they are sharing everything (children), they will need to agree on these life decisions.

Carl, I'd listen to the counsel of those who share your faith and be patient for Him to show you the girl who does as well.

Im sorry that it took me so long to reply to this (and that its probably outdated now) but i was so dumbfounded by how knowbody else seems to get the basic point behind this, the guy who posted this thread is relatively young so from a realistic point of view, the relationship probably wont make it too a year. Yes the view is very pessimistic but its just the probability so whether you believe he will live on or not is irrelevant as he probably wont be with this person for the rest of his life, nor get married to her or possibly even have a serious relationship with her at his age so living in the "now" would be the best way to go about for him.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back