Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Pocket Old Testaments

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Why can't I find one? I can find pocket New Testaments all day long, but not an OT. What gives?

And even though I have two pocket KJV NTs in the mail coming to me now, I can't help but think how nice it would be to have both pocket sized that I could switch in and out of my purse at will.

It's only a couple hundred more pages than the NT, so I don't see how it can't end up the size of a thick wallet. :shrug

Why can't I find one? I can find pocket New Testaments all day long, but not an OT. What gives?

And even though I have two pocket KJV NTs in the mail coming to me now, I can't help but think how nice it would be to have both pocket sized that I could switch in and out of my purse at will.

It's only a couple hundred more pages than the NT, so I don't see how it can't end up the size of a thick wallet. :shrug

You hit the nail on the head as to what is wrong with mainline (not all) Christianity. Most seem to believe one can truncate the OT because "we are not under the law" as if it no longer matters and thus worship a NT Jesus which I call "worshipping Jesus in a vacuum". The OT is very much in effect yet and many prophecies not fulfilled yet. It is the critical foundation to NT theology and understanding. Without it, the NT Jesus is just an imaginary creation. But in reality, regarding the OT, Jesus said, "Moses spoke of me".

We now know the reason why, I'm just sorry I can't answer for you what the solution is. Maybe get like the younger crowd and get some smartphone gizmo and put an OT app (or just web site HTML pages) on it. There are many web sites that have the entire bible on it, so one just has to call it up.

But seriously, I know where you're coming from.

that is because well one cant easily tell the lost that never heard of jesus about the torah and so forth. i dont use the torah for the lost gentiles but to the hebrews as i KNOW them and where they are as im a hebrew. but with a gentile i use the nt and mainly it alone. yes i do use the tanach but they arent going to see that the slavery et all or what the torah was for like a jew would.

aquamarinesky54:

Well, I'm glad that your eyes are good enough for you to contemplate using a complete Bible that is in such small print! |:)

Blessings.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back