Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Politically Correct Toilets?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Not to sound disgusting or anything, but how exactly does a Woman who has confused herself enough to think she is a man use a urinal with out some kind of surgery?

Transphobia? I don't fear transexuals. I think they have issues, but none that are my concern, other than the general concern we need to have for any of God's creatures with issues.

Here's my phobia: That we women are forced to accept men in our restrooms, because "inside he is a she". But, what if he isn't a "she", but a he that is stalking women in a compromised position? Let's face it, being in a stall with one's pants down with a sexual predator right on the other side and no one else around is about as compromised a position as one can be in.

Maybe when I plan on being out and about, I'll just need to stock up on Depends. Sheesh.

Clearly most people don't want this kind of toilet. I agree with the question in the article about political correctness gone mad. Who gets all this power for these few to push their agenda on the majority anyway? I'm getting a little tired of it. Probably these few are the likes (since this was an article from Britain) of the same types that complain about special interests and lobbyists in Washington.

handy said:
Transphobia? I don't fear transexuals. I think they have issues, but none that are my concern, other than the general concern we need to have for any of God's creatures with issues.

Here's my phobia: That we women are forced to accept men in our restrooms, because "inside he is a she". But, what if he isn't a "she", but a he that is stalking women in a compromised position? Let's face it, being in a stall with one's pants down with a sexual predator right on the other side and no one else around is about as compromised a position as one can be in.

Maybe when I plan on being out and about, I'll just need to stock up on Depends. Sheesh.

To use words like homophobia or transphobia automatically puts the attention on other people rather than the person with the issue. I don't think I have ever been afraid of a homosexual, there's no reason for it, but by using that word it makes it sound like I'm the one who needs to make an adjustment in my thought process, and not them.

And you brought up a good point about predators. This opens up the door (literally) for any number of sicko's to help themselves to a woman's right to privacy, and it goes the other way around too. I'm sure there are plenty of men who would not want an imposter using their bathroom! I think that there was talk recently about doing the same thing in California...I think that common sense has been dead for a long time :sad

Maybe I should have used this excuse when I walked into the ladys room on accident at new wing bar I went to the other night. No one was in there so I didn't notice because I was just washing my hands. I did notice the bouncer standing outside the door with 2 girls who asked me what I thought I was doing in the ladys room.

If you were born male you will always be male regardless of any surgery, remember that "Male" who became pregnant, well guess what it was a FEMALE :lol:

Seriously what is this world coming to.

"You don't necessarily have had to have gender reassignment surgery, but you could just define yourself as a man, feel very masculine in yourself, feel that in fact being a woman is not who you are."

That's insane! C'mon people :-?

If my cat starts to act like my dog, does that mean my cat IS a dog? Heavens no.

Fact is, it's not always how one "Feels", as scripture states, "Proverbs 28:26 He that trusts in his own heart is a fool: but whosoever walks wisely, he shall be delivered."

The simple wisdom of nature states that what defines the male from the female, or the female from the male is more than a feeling...

I'm reminded of some writing by G.K. Chesterton lol!

Chesterton said:
The madman’s explanation of a thing is always complete, and often in a purely rational sense satisfactory. Or, to speak more strictly, the insane explanation, if not conclusive, is at least unanswerable; this may be observed specially in the two or three commonest kinds of madness. If a man says (for instance) that men have a conspiracy against him, you cannot dispute it except by saying that all the men deny that they are conspirators; which is exactly what conspirators would do. His explanation covers the facts as much as yours. Or if a man says that he is the rightful King of England, it is no complete answer to say that the existing authorities call him mad; for if he were King of England that might be the wisest thing for the existing authorities to do. Or if a man says that he is Jesus Christ, it is no answer to tell him that the world denies his divinity; for the world denied Christ’s.
Nevertheless he is wrong. But if we attempt to trace his error in exact terms, we shall not find it quite so easy as we had supposed. Perhaps the nearest we can get to expressing it is to say this: that his mind moves in a perfect but narrow circle. A small circle is quite as infinite as a large circle; but, though it is quite as infinite, it is not so large. In the same way the insane explanation is quite as complete as the sane one, but it is not so large. A bullet is quite as round as the world, but it is not the world. There is such a thing as a narrow universality; there is such a thing as a small and cramped eternity; you may see it in many modern religions.

Or suppose it were the second case of madness, that of a man who claims the crown, your impulse would be to answer, “All right! Perhaps you know that you are the King of England; but why do you care? Make one magnificent effort and you will be a human being and look down on all the kings of the earth.†Or it might be the third case, of the madman who called himself Christ. If we said what we felt, we should say, “So you are the Creator and Redeemer of the world: but what a small world it must be! What a little heaven you must inhabit, with angels no bigger than butterflies! How sad it must be to be God; and an inadequate God! Is there really no life fuller and no love more marvellous than yours; and is it really in your small and painful pity that all flesh must put its faith? How much happier you would be, how much more of you there would be, if the hammer of a higher God could smash your small cosmos, scattering the stars like spangles, and leave you in the open, free like other men to look up as well as down!ÀÂ

I've never been a fan of political correctness and i think this validates my viewpoint: its ridiculous and endangers womens safety (and childrens, if this becomes more widespread) i for one, would not feel comfortable entering what was once a mensroom only to find women in it and i very much doubt that they would feel any better with my presence.

Gabriel Ali said:
I've never been a fan of political correctness and i think this validates my viewpoint: its ridiculous and endangers womens safety (and childrens, if this becomes more widespread) i for one, would not feel comfortable entering what was once a mensroom only to find women in it and i very much doubt that they would feel any better with my presence.

Gabriel, thank you! Thinking about the children is super important! Scary things happen in restrooms as is! We don't need to add more danger by mixing genders. Ridiculous.

Gabriel Ali said:
i for one, would not feel comfortable entering what was once a mensroom only to find women in it and i very much doubt that they would feel any better with my presence.

Yeah, and I can hear it now,

Lift the lid!!

Response,

Go use your own restroom!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I had an experience one time in the ladies room in our local grocery store restroom. I'm sitting there doing my business an I hear this cough next to me, and I thought wow that cough sounded masculine. So I look down at the shoes, te he ha he, and wow those look like men's dress shoes and the slacks around the ankles look like men slacks. And I'm praying please let me not be in the wrong restroom. I calmly finished, washed my hands and proceeded to walk out and glance at the door on the way out. YES!!! I'm in the correct place for women, but when that man came out, and he looked at the door...jumped back, looked down at my shoes....and he turns red as a beet!!! And me too!!! Then we both busted out laughing, he apoligized and we went our own ways.
But I got to tell you, while I was in there and just not knowing who for sure was next to me in the stall, sure made it hard to tinkle. :lol: So I can't even imagine a unisex rest room, I'd never tinkle, my body just wont let me!!! And I can't imagine trying to sit on a wall urinal, that's out!!! And no offense to some of you men, I'm sure we have gentlemen here in this forum, but some men can be nasty with a toilet, and I'm not interested in using the restroom after a man unless it's my husband....took me twenty years to train him. He was real bad when we first got married about leaving the seat up, and I had the awful experience of getting up in the middle of the night without turning on the lights to wake me, and fall in the toilet cause he left the seat up. So after about 3 or 4 of those times, I warned him, leave it up again and I fall in and I coming in here in the middle of the night, flipping your covers back and sitting my cold wet bum on your lap. Well my husband is a hard head and of course it happen again and I did what I said I would do (I'm a person of my word) te ha he Well since then it's never happened again, such a rude awaking when your trying not to wake yourself up with the lights, but the lights on and fighting to get back to sleep would have been better out of the two. :wink:
But I agree with Dora, if they do that......depends are going to be my new best friend on my shopping days. 8-)

:smt043 :smt043 :smt043 That was funny, Carole!

In one of the Jacksonville Fla. movie theaters there's a mens, womans, and unisex restroom. And it has been that way for years. At least they aren't trying to use the same restroom as the woman... or the men; But still, seeing "unisex" on the door seemed really strange to me.
All is just a sign of the times.

:-D Carol, I wish I had thought of that one with Steve.

Here in Idaho we have "Family" bathrooms in most (not all) public places. It's understood that parents with small children, or perhaps a handicapped person with a caregiver of the opposite sex would use them. I suppose that any trannies here in Idaho might find them handy as well, for it certainly is an option for them to use without having to worry about whether or not it's a men's room or a women's room.

StoveBolts said:
"You don't necessarily have had to have gender reassignment surgery, but you could just define yourself as a man, feel very masculine in yourself, feel that in fact being a woman is not who you are."

That's insane! C'mon people :-?

If my cat starts to act like my dog, does that mean my cat IS a dog? Heavens no.

Fact is, it's not always how one "Feels", as scripture states, "Proverbs 28:26 He that trusts in his own heart is a fool: but whosoever walks wisely, he shall be delivered."

The simple wisdom of nature states that what defines the male from the female, or the female from the male is more than a feeling...

I'm reminded of some writing by G.K. Chesterton lol!

Chesterton said:
The madman’s explanation of a thing is always complete, and often in a purely rational sense satisfactory. Or, to speak more strictly, the insane explanation, if not conclusive, is at least unanswerable; this may be observed specially in the two or three commonest kinds of madness. If a man says (for instance) that men have a conspiracy against him, you cannot dispute it except by saying that all the men deny that they are conspirators; which is exactly what conspirators would do. His explanation covers the facts as much as yours. Or if a man says that he is the rightful King of England, it is no complete answer to say that the existing authorities call him mad; for if he were King of England that might be the wisest thing for the existing authorities to do. Or if a man says that he is Jesus Christ, it is no answer to tell him that the world denies his divinity; for the world denied Christ’s.
Nevertheless he is wrong. But if we attempt to trace his error in exact terms, we shall not find it quite so easy as we had supposed. Perhaps the nearest we can get to expressing it is to say this: that his mind moves in a perfect but narrow circle. A small circle is quite as infinite as a large circle; but, though it is quite as infinite, it is not so large. In the same way the insane explanation is quite as complete as the sane one, but it is not so large. A bullet is quite as round as the world, but it is not the world. There is such a thing as a narrow universality; there is such a thing as a small and cramped eternity; you may see it in many modern religions.

[quote:2dvj4zso]Or suppose it were the second case of madness, that of a man who claims the crown, your impulse would be to answer, “All right! Perhaps you know that you are the King of England; but why do you care? Make one magnificent effort and you will be a human being and look down on all the kings of the earth.†Or it might be the third case, of the madman who called himself Christ. If we said what we felt, we should say, “So you are the Creator and Redeemer of the world: but what a small world it must be! What a little heaven you must inhabit, with angels no bigger than butterflies! How sad it must be to be God; and an inadequate God! Is there really no life fuller and no love more marvellous than yours; and is it really in your small and painful pity that all flesh must put its faith? How much happier you would be, how much more of you there would be, if the hammer of a higher God could smash your small cosmos, scattering the stars like spangles, and leave you in the open, free like other men to look up as well as down!â€Â
[/quote:2dvj4zso]

Golly Gee Wilikers Stove` THAT is some marvelous writing! G.K. Chesterton huh? I have missed his works before this~ but be assured no longer! I just love the way he so beautifully smites the lie and dispells its darkness with the brilliant Light of Christ! and God gave gifts to men ... WOW! ...and thanks my brother~ bonnie ...

Carol Lowery said:
So after about 3 or 4 of those times, I warned him, leave it up again and I fall in and I coming in here in the middle of the night, flipping your covers back and sitting my cold wet bum on your lap. Well my husband is a hard head and of course it happen again and I did what I said I would do (I'm a person of my word)

Yuk!! I'm glad I'm not married to you!

Stayed as a hostel where bathrooms/ toilets were mixed. A prominent airport has mixed facilities where the wall extend to the ceiling.

Being aware it is mixed can avoid amny of the awkward feelings.

I had an experience one time in the ladies room in our local grocery store restroom. I'm sitting there doing my business an I hear this cough next to me, and I thought wow that cough sounded masculine. So I look down at the shoes, te he ha he, and wow those look like men's dress shoes and the slacks around the ankles look like men slacks. And I'm praying please let me not be in the wrong restroom. I calmly finished, washed my hands and proceeded to walk out and glance at the door on the way out. YES!!! I'm in the correct place for women, but when that man came out, and he looked at the door...jumped back, looked down at my shoes....and he turns red as a beet!!! And me too!!! Then we both busted out laughing, he apoligized and we went our own ways.
But I got to tell you, while I was in there and just not knowing who for sure was next to me in the stall, sure made it hard to tinkle. :lol: So I can't even imagine a unisex rest room, I'd never tinkle, my body just wont let me!!! And I can't imagine trying to sit on a wall urinal, that's out!!! And no offense to some of you men, I'm sure we have gentlemen here in this forum, but some men can be nasty with a toilet, and I'm not interested in using the restroom after a man unless it's my husband....took me twenty years to train him. He was real bad when we first got married about leaving the seat up, and I had the awful experience of getting up in the middle of the night without turning on the lights to wake me, and fall in the toilet cause he left the seat up. So after about 3 or 4 of those times, I warned him, leave it up again and I fall in and I coming in here in the middle of the night, flipping your covers back and sitting my cold wet bum on your lap. Well my husband is a hard head and of course it happen again and I did what I said I would do (I'm a person of my word) te ha he Well since then it's never happened again, such a rude awaking when your trying not to wake yourself up with the lights, but the lights on and fighting to get back to sleep would have been better out of the two. :wink:
But I agree with Dora, if they do that......depends are going to be my new best friend on my shopping days. 8-)

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back