Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Pope endorses same sex civil unions

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Guess I've been happily brainwashed by Catholicism. I trust the Pope. Especially this one.

I trust Christ Jesus, He never changes.

Then Jesus said to those Jews who believed Him, “If you abide in My word, you are My disciples indeed. And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.”
John 8:31-32

JLB

Is it worth clinging to a certain sin, and losing your soul.

For what profit is it to a man if he gains the whole world, and loses his own soul? Or what will a man give in exchange for his soul? Matthew 16:26

JLB
I think the Bible can mean different things. I really struggle with a condemnation of homosexuals. The Jesus I know wouldn't ostracise them. There seems to be a mistake in my opinion.

I trust Christ Jesus, He never changes.

Then Jesus said to those Jews who believed Him, “If you abide in My word, you are My disciples indeed. And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.”
John 8:31-32

JLB
Our Pope is known as the Vicar of Christ.

I think the Bible can mean different things. I really struggle with a condemnation of homosexuals. The Jesus I know wouldn't ostracise them. There seems to be a mistake in my opinion.

But the cowardly, unbelieving, abominable, murderers, sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars shall have their part in the lake which burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death.” Revelation 21:8

How about liars? Or murderers?

God seems to have some pretty strong things to say about these things.

He who says, “I know Him,” and does not keep His commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.
1 John 2:4

JLB

Shall I change my username to "Hellbound" ?

No, but I hope you consider the scriptures that I gave you.

The fear of the LORD is a fountain of life,
To turn one away from the snares of death.
Proverbs 14:27

By humility and the fear of the LORD
Are riches and honor and life.
Proverbs 22:4

JLB

The fear of the LORD is a fountain of life,
To turn one away from the snares of death
I agree that I probably need to fear the Lord more. In a godly way. But not "lake of fire" terrorism thanks.
Fear is more respect than terror.
But I need to surrender to his love too.

The people pleaser gene in me wanted to appease JLB. Tell him I am sorry for agreeing with the Pope.
But we aren't here to please each other, are we.

I agree that I probably need to fear the Lord more. In a godly way. But not "lake of fire" terrorism thanks.
Fear is more respect than terror.
But I need to surrender to his love too.

Yes, I see the fear of the Lord as a loving healthy respect for God. It is also a fountain of life, being a part of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus.

The fear of the Lord is an aspect of the Spirit of the Lord, just as wisdom and knowledge are.

There shall come forth a Rod from the stem of Jesse,
And a Branch shall grow out of his roots.
The Spirit of the LORD shall rest upon Him,
The Spirit of wisdom and understanding,
The Spirit of counsel and might,
The Spirit of knowledge and of the fear of the LORD.
His delight is in the fear of the LORD,
And He shall not judge by the sight of His eyes,
Nor decide by the hearing of His ears;
Isaiah 11:1-3

JLB

I would state as one who knows the Lord, not one in authority, that forbidden sex acts in the law qualify as sexual immorality. The sexual immoral do not inherit the kingdom of God.

One cannot serve two masters choose the Pope or Christ.

Nor do I think this Pope shares the previous Popes views on this sin in question. Did Christ change His mind?

"Homosexuals are children of God and deserve to be in a family"...said Pope Francis.
Then let them repent and welcome Christ into their hearts. Its a very large family.

The body is the temple of the Holy Spirit. Same sex acts are forbidden by God in the law. Christ didn't change that. Those that deliberately keep on sinning after coming to the knowledge of the truth should expect judgment not salvation.

It is lawful, as we read in the NT, to rebuke wickedness.

I'm glad I'm not gay.
Otherwise I would be taking this all personally.
As far as I am concerned, the gay question has made me doubt the authenticity of the whole Bible. Pedophilia is clearly evil. Adults of same sex in committed relationships...however ..well the Bible just doesn't go into that kind of detail.
The gay act is wrong, wrong, wrong. No more questions please.

I'm glad I'm not gay.
Otherwise I would be taking this all personally.
As far as I am concerned, the gay question has made me doubt the authenticity of the whole Bible. Pedophilia is clearly evil. Adults of same sex in committed relationships...however ..well the Bible just doesn't go into that kind of detail.
The gay act is wrong, wrong, wrong. No more questions please.
context ,ancient sodomy is pedophilia on modern terms ,adulthood was 13 .

when the bible says a man shall not lie with a man like a woman it was known that God meant as the nations around isreal did and Egypt did tolerate .

That's a lot of people going to Hell then. Looks like a small minority are bound for Heaven.

Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:

Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
Matthew 7:13-14 KJV

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back